Search results

1. O

Kruger National Park 2 month self drive safari

Our self drive 2020 trip to Kruger National Park March - May was shorter than usual because of Covid. We had to return to JHB & remain there until overseas flights resumed after 6 weeks. We have no idea when our next trip will be possible We have today just completed adding the photos from...
  2. O

Africaraw.com: 2019 trip photos by old ageadventurers now posting

My wife & I are editing & posting our photographs of our 2019 3 month feb-apr trip to Etosha & Kgalagadi national parks in South Africa. The Kgalagadi was very dry but we had some interersting leopard photos. Etosha was full of waterhole encounters: Lion families, rhino families and elephants +...
  3. O

2016 AfricaRaw photosafari by "old age adventurers" has started posting

This year our self drive photographic safari was 3 months long from February to May. We chose these dates to coincide with our 50th class reunion at Wits Medical School in Johannesburg. We visited Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park & Etosha National Park, & ended the trip by crossing Botswana quickly...
  4. O

2015 Africaraw selfdrive photosafari gallery now on line

In 2015 my wife & I ("old age adventurers") completed another of our annual 3 month selfdrive photosafaris in our LC 4x4 with roof top tent. This year our May to July trip started in the Kruger National Park; we then crossed over via Botswana's trans kalahari highway to Etosha National Park in...
  5. O

Old age adventurers 2014 photosafari photos are now being posted

My wife & I continue to spend our pensioner's years in our LC 4x4 with roof top tent in game reserves in Southern Africa. We prefer to go to unfenced camps because of the lonely hours this provides. We are extra careful. But adventures abound. In 2013 a massive lion walked past our camp site. We...
  6. O

2013 photo safari to Southern Africa by Old Age Adventurers

My wife & I returned in December 2013 from another of our annual solo photographic safaris around Southern Africa. This trip of over 4 months & 20,000Km in our Landcruiser 76 station wagon with roof top tent took us to Kruger, Hwange, Chobe, Bambwata, Etosha & Kgalagadi National Parks. We have...
  7. O

Using LP E4N battery or cheaper LP E4 batteries on my 1DIV & its LC E4 charger

I would appreciate advice. I need new batteries for my 2 IDIVs. Original LP E4s are difficult to find. I cannot find any good reviews on the cheaper subsitutes. There are many makes the prices vary a great deal. "Jupio" is available in the Netherlands & is the most expensive but I dont know of...
  8. O

Wild dogs at impala kill at savuti in Botswana

We left camp in the twilight to travel along the west bank of the flowing Savuti river to Motsipi island in Savuti National Park. As we turned a bend we found the wild dogs devouring an impala kill. every now and then they would stop & scan their surroundings. oldageadventurers www.africaraw.com
  9. O

images from our Aug -Nov 2012 photosafari

My wife & I are currently editing the photos we took in Kgalagadi, Etosha. Caprivi, Chobe & savuti. here is a picture of lions taken in the very early morning at Chudop Waterhole in Etosha & amartial eagle with its guinea fowl kill There are many more on our website. Please have a peep.