Search results

1. marekjoz

DPP DLO's module lenses availability is a hint at lenses roadmap?

I'm just wondering if a lack of correction data for some lenses in Canon DPP DLO module is not a hint at their life cycle and expected upgrades/end of life announcements. I'm observing what they add to the list of provided lenses and was wondering why 70-200 2.8 (NON IS) was missing all the...
  2. marekjoz

DxOMark vs. Reality

The Nikon's one? :)
  3. marekjoz

Article: Are Canon and Nikon killing off their best crop-sensor DSLRs?

Does it mean the same as: "We were wrong giving so much so soon" and "We should make the 7d 30% slower with worse AF so now we could present the 7d2 with the capabilities of the original 7d you can already buy for all these years"? It's really some kind of honesty not so usual in the marketing...
  4. marekjoz

5D Mark II with Magic Lantern + Reikan Focal lens adjustment software

You just have to ensure to provide conditions for Reikan to run (AV, one shot, AF etc.). The previous version of Reikan made my 5d2 hang up sometimes and Reikan crashed at some operations (like dust analysis). Now it's fine It remains in camera settings and I haven't observed any malfunctions...
  5. marekjoz

Plan to get a 5D3 for $1

Well, from the legal point of view this is not easy as in some countries public money collection, fund raising or public lottery require additional formal permissions. I'd be really careful announcing it without a prior deep check for legal regulations in this area :)
  6. marekjoz

Canon EF 300mm f/4L IS USM

I'm sure it's rather small and lightweight - no problems with handhold shooting for 3 hours or walking with it in a park. IS could be better and contrast - then it would be just perfect. Shooting against light makes some problems but in overall - the IQ/price factor is really good. Legia -...
  7. marekjoz

do image stabilisers decrease image quality?

Happily nad hopefuly liquid lenses would not require IS at all :) And guess who's got the patent for it.
  8. marekjoz

Canon EF 300mm f/4L IS USM

5D2, 300 F/4 L IS @F4, 1/1500s, ISO 3200 (this is the ugly noise come from) Polonia - Korona by marekjoz, on Flickr Polonia - Korona by marekjoz, on Flickr Polonia - Korona by marekjoz, on Flickr
  9. marekjoz

Thinking about a 17-40 f4L USM. Thoughts?

It depends on which focals. Check again :)
  10. marekjoz

Canon to start using 0.18um (180nm) process for FF?

You meant mirrorless, didn't you? ;D ;D ;D
  11. marekjoz

Official DXOMark Sensor Score for the EOS-1D X

So I was not quite wrong predicting these numbers in April (http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=5828.msg111220#msg111220), without even having this camera in my hands: Published Predicted - Portrait (color depth)...
  12. marekjoz

Canon EF 24-70 f/4L IS Coming [CR3]

Most users will agree. The question is if Canon managers responsible for company income are more users or more loyal employees :D Even if they are wining after their working time as the users, when they make those decisions they are in the office, unfortunately :)
  13. marekjoz

LR noise reduction in comparison to DPP

I don't think, that LR takes care about anything corrected first in DPP and the other way as well. LR looks at the source file and interpretes only settings applied in LR. LR uses separate file to store settings applied to a RAW file, while DPP writes it directly to the RAW file, but it doesn't...
  14. marekjoz

Nikon Mitsubishi & Sony

As patents are a strong motivator for R&D investments, it happens, that they are against the market development. So I also hope here, that one day Canon, Nikon and Sony would exchange some of their patents when they will see, that it's harder and more expensive to offer a new real value to a...
  15. marekjoz

Considering switching to Nikon

Maybe he finally switched? :)
  16. marekjoz

What is not logical? EOL of 24-105? From Canon or users' point of view? :)
  17. marekjoz

Canon to start using 0.18um (180nm) process for FF?

You think, that inscription design on the chip comes for free? :)
  18. marekjoz

Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L IS [CR1]

Just for fun :)
  19. marekjoz

... or this is not EF but for MF :)
  20. marekjoz

Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L IS [CR1]

They can also add shake in PP :)