Search results

1. E

Question for landscapers

Yes, everything is a matter of perspective (the viewpoint you choose), but this is really cumbersome to simulate a 16-35 with a 70-200, and conversely... I find easier to use the 70-200 to shoot landscape. Photos are more "quiet", image is easier to compose (less disturbing elements). Pictures...
  2. E

Poll: What Do You Think About the EOS Canon 6D Mark II?

I was thinking the same. However, with Dual Pixel auto-focus, I'm reconsidering my view point. It seems (based on Canon videos, I agree) that DPAF is quite quick enough to do "still" photography, by avoiding the "focus compose" sequence. We could give it a try, IMO.
  3. E

Patent: EF-S 30mm f/1.8 & EF 50mm f/1.8

"Self-competing phobia" is a bad idea: I did the switch to Fuji. They have plenty of fast and lightweight lenses, which can be a criteria too. Clearly, Canon wasn't on that segment, and had decided not to be. They seem to come back, a bit late IMO.
  4. E

The forum has to be redone, What needs to stay?

We could have a "vote" button on each post. So that, when for example, I agree with post of LonelyBoy, page 1, I could simply "like" his post. Could apply on photos too : no need to reply to a post to say we like the photo. I find it very usefull. It even provides some informations about the...
  5. E

Thin focus compact camera

Why not considering a fuji/xt10 + a 50mm 0.95 lens (that exists). It should behave similarly to the 85mm on a FF. However, I must say I did not try this combo until now. m4/3 allows too such large apertures lenses. Such lenses are coming from 3rd party manufacturers, and may produce uneven...
  6. E

New EF-S Lenses on the Horizon? [CR2]

Right, I'm not focused on pancakes, neither on primes. Although no EF-S primes (except 60mm macro), now, from Canon. I thought that providing a stop less, was a way to compensate the weaknesses of the APS-C format (I do not want to migrate to FF). This market is a small niche maybe, but I'm...
  7. E

New EF-S Lenses on the Horizon? [CR2]

Why not a constant F2 aperture ? It should make sense for APS-C sensors: smaller image circle, worse behavior with high isos, equivalent bokeh?. I never understood why the pancake EF-S 24mm is only F2.8, when there is an EF-M F 2.0. I think Canon totally missed that. Not Fuji.
  8. E

Question Sir/ Madam.

On the other hand, why not an EF-S 24mm F2.0 pancake, rather than F2.8 ? More interesting, for those (like me) who still have APS-C format.
  9. E

Introducing the Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS II

+1 : I tried it at "Salon de la Photo" event in Paris today. I was neither not allowed to use my SD card, same reason. Neither my camera (a 7D), since not attached with a security cable :-). Hence, I tried it on a 7D II. It's so impressive : AF is so fast (at 100 mm & 400mm), much than my 70/200...
  10. E

Why are Zeiss lenses manual?

So far I've read (I'm not expert in optic design), there is a large difference in the optic design of the lens : it's manual, due to a larger (and heavier) group of moving lenses inside the lens itself (sorry for my poor english). A lens having an AF has a smaller (and lighter) moving group, so...
  11. E

Looking as tall as the Eiffel Tower - best ways to take this pic

You may go at the Trocadéro place, the Eiffel tower looks reasonably small there, having the full DOF. Another place [than the Concorde bridge, where were taken the long exposures shots above], is the "Place de Catalogne", near Montparnasse station. There, the ET looks smaller than a person...
  12. E

7D Mark ii with WiFi/GPS or Without?

+1 with you, Azezal. Unfortunately, it seems we are few.
  13. E

7D Mark ii with WiFi/GPS or Without?

I think the GPS is a useless addon, provided you have a smartphone + an inexpensive appli like GPS4cam. It offers IMO the same benefits of an integrated GPS. I'd rather like Canon focus on photographic specs rather than these useless peripheral specs, that cost a lot for a very weak added value...
  14. E

Post your best pictures of fireworks

14th of July, 2009. Only that year, the fireworks were fired from the Eiffel tower, not from the ground around.