Search results

1. melbournite

Canon exec confirms that the EOS-1D X Mark III is Canon’s last DSLR

I too have an R5 and couple of 5D4's. I tend to use both on location but the 5D4's exclusively in the studio. I prefer having an optical view finder in the studio and for this reason alone, I see myself using them for as long as they keep making them. I also prefer less megapixels and the...
  2. melbournite

Here is the Canon Cinema EOS C70

I thought I was the only one on the planet that wished this too! I find it quicker and easier than having to pull-out and flip :)
  3. melbournite

A new Canon Speedlite has appeared for certification

Don't think I have been so excited by a rumour since the Canon 5D... (all of them)! Seriously, would love to see more power, improved remote menu, and quicker recycling. The idea of being able to use an LP-E6 battery in the flash would be brilliant.
  4. melbournite

Canon EOS R5 Specifications

"Scroll wheel added to the back" That's enough to get me interested! Maybe the body size is slightly bigger than the original, that would be ok.
  5. melbournite

Canon Announces the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III and EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II

Considering Rudy didn't mention this, I'd say Shaun from Digi Direct may be wrong or only referring to the f4 version. Nonetheless, having both the predecessors the f4 will be a certain upgrade for me. I think I will hold on to my 2.8 II IS for a while yet.
  6. melbournite

Samples of Canon 85mm f1.4 IS posted by DPreview

I don't normally go looking for purple fringing and among other things it's not my biggest concern but since the subject has come up, I went looking for it in some of the images against the sun/sky and found some in the third picture. It's quite a tight crop into the photo as you can see. I...
  7. melbournite

Ah yes, sorry, it is the 70-200 2.8 IS II that I was comparing it to (I will edit and correct that). I haven't done any specific tests but I'm just going by feel and intuition.
  8. melbournite

Hi guys, I picked up my copy of the lens a couple of days ago and used it in a shoot yesterday along side the trusted 70-200 IS 2.8 II. My guess is that the focus speed is very close to 70-200 if not on par. It seems just as accurate as the 70-200 which is always comforting for a f1.4 lens...
  9. melbournite

Do You Wish Lightroom Was Quicker? Adobe Does Too

This is why I’m still holding on to Aperture with one hand on Capture One. Aperture (which is seven years old) still runs faster than any software I have tried and more intuitive to boot. I wonder why they can’t use the same architecture? I know I can’t hold on to Aperture forever, (the Mk4...
  10. melbournite

Phase One Releases Capture One Pro 10

Yes, I totally agree. And although I have, and use both Lightroom and Capture One, I still use Aperture. Nothing beats it for speed (not even this new release 10), intuitiveness and simplicity. I still have my finger in every pie, holding out as long as possible. I'm leaning towards...
  11. melbournite

New Firmware Coming Shortly for EOS 5D Mark IV? [CR1]

Geailbleu16, Apple have not updated their RAW image compatibility for the 5D4 yet. Adobe & Capture One have but if you're using Photos or Aperture, you will have to wait.
  12. melbournite

Canon Announces the XC15 4K UHD Video Camcorder

Very informative gktxr615 and thanks for your first post! I mostly go manual but I think it’s a very valid point that with this type of camera and many shooting situations it’s worth allowing the camera to take care of AV and ISO. Alas, a second dial would have been nice and you'd think not too...
  13. melbournite

Thanks for showing us that. I believe I’ve seen your video before but can you access both iso and aperture without having to change the dial from M to AV? As a run and gun video camera (for me), I set the shutter and then require quick access to both iso and aperture. There’s only one wheel...
  14. melbournite

Thanks for sharing, I'd like to learn more about this camera. I borrowed the XC10 and loved it but couldn't get over the line on a couple of things and in particular the slow access to the iso. Doesn't look like the buttons are any different?
  15. melbournite

Canon U.S.A., Inc. Introduces New Flagship EOS C700 Cinema Camera

Introducing the Canon Cinema EOS C700 Digital Cinema Camera Haven't seen an article on it here yet, so just thought I'd share. Wow, it even makes a photographer drool. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nhrG48Y86Y
  16. melbournite

Long time 5D user, will I upgrade or wait for 6DII?

You’re right, no-one asks for S, M or L but they do ask if they will be provided with the high resolution images. In my quotes I state that the full resolution will be up to 22mp (from the 5DIII, allowing for crop). So technically speaking, should you offer a client different prices for...
  17. melbournite

Hi wssmith96. I have thought about a dedicated video camera many times. The flip screen is not only for video and highly desirable for stills too. It’s more the DSLR form factor I feel comfortable with as a still shooter. In fact I think Canon made the XC10 for still shooters like me and I...
  18. melbournite

I’ve been using the 5D since the classic Mk1. In fact it was the first DSLR I owned coming from film days. I did use the 1DII prior but only hired. For the first time I’m not placing a preorder for the MkIV. That’s not to say that the camera won’t end up in my kit because most likely it...