Search results

1. melbournite

Long time 5D user, will I upgrade or wait for 6DII?

I’ve been using the 5D since the classic Mk1. In fact it was the first DSLR I owned coming from film days. I did use the 1DII prior but only hired. For the first time I’m not placing a preorder for the MkIV. That’s not to say that the camera won’t end up in my kit because most likely it...
  2. melbournite

Capture One Pro 8 - Announced

http://www.phaseone.com/en/Imaging-Software/Capture-One.aspx If like me, you used Aperture3 for your workflow and are now considering your options after Apples's disappointing discontinuation of the software, you may be interested in this. In the promotional video it indicates you can 'import...
  3. melbournite

White Night in Melbourne with a 40mm Pancake (on a 5DIII)

Hi fellow members, On Saturday night we had the White Night festival here in Melbourne and boy was it busy. Half a million people came into town to see it and I've never seen so many DSLR's and photographers in one location! My intention wasn't to go in fully equipped with gear but instead...
  4. melbournite

Hawaii and my new Canon 100D

I recently bought the Canon 100D and thought I'd share my experience with it so far with my fellow CR friends. I justified buying this camera as it could serve as both a holiday camera and a backup to my 5D's. However it's become my favourite go to camera for all my shooting bar professional...
  5. melbournite

My new baby

That's it, the one on the right. My new 100D/SL1 I couldn't help myself. My intentions were to buy this sometime further down the track when the price dropped and Canon released more pancake lenses to make this truly compact. But I'm heading to Hawaii with the family next month and it is the...
  6. melbournite

New Camera Sensor Eliminates Need for Flash

I thought my fellow canon rumor buddies may be interested in this article I just read... http://www.technewsdaily.com/18220-graphene-imagining-sensor-takes-clear-pictures.html
  7. melbournite

5D III auto focus not working after using Reikan FoCal

Hi guys, wondering if someone has encountered same issue that might have an easy resolve and save me having to take the camera in under warranty. I finally decided to buy FoCal and calibrate all my lenses together with my 5DIII and 5DII. All went well except now the 5DIII is not auto focusing...
  8. melbournite

Aperture3 RAW Update now supports 5DIII. Yeah!

Do a software update on you're Mac. It's finally here...
  9. melbournite

What will we do after Feb 27/28?

The anticipation for the new 5D has been coming for so long, with so much of our time preoccupied by it, what will we do for the next 4 years after the announcement? Go back to taking photos?