Search results

1. vjlex

Opinion: EOS-M transition that never was

I just happened to see the R100 up close and handled it for the first time today. You're right- the R100 most definitely isn't it.
  2. vjlex

Opinion: EOS-M transition that never was

I don't really get (nor was I even really aware of) the hate for the M3. It was my first mirrorless body. It was a trooper. I loved it. I never had a problem with the Powershot firmware (I simultaneously owned both EOS and ELPH/IXY cameras for many years prior to the M3). I currently have the...
  3. vjlex

Rumored RF lens roadmap update

Surprised no one said this earlier. The 22 f/2 is still one of my favorite lens and the only reason I still have an M-body. Introducing an RF-S equivalent might coax me over to one of those compact R bodies (plus I'd be able to use it on my R5 and R7 if I wish).
  4. vjlex

Canon R5 1.8.1

Interesting. For me it says there are no updates available. Maybe it's a Mac only update.
  5. vjlex

Canon R5 1.8.1

ah, i wasn't sure. on the download page, it has today's date.
  6. vjlex

Canon R5 1.8.1

tee hee Must've had a big breakfast.
  7. vjlex

Canon R5 1.8.1

A new DPP seems to be available as well (4.17.20). I downloaded from Canon Japan here.
  8. vjlex

Canon R5 1.8.1

My sentiments exactly. I don't want to be ungrateful, but I can't help thinking 'that's it?' after reading the changelog in the description. It never pays to have expectations with these type of things. Still, pixel shift should be a fun tool to play with for a few days and see if it's useful.
  9. vjlex

Are 400mp stills coming to the Canon EOS R5?

These are the screenshots of the R5 Specifications from the Canon Europe page before it was changed. Keep in mind that it was most likely a draft, so probably all the details weren't finalized. But the more specific information such as the feature name, resolution, etc. are more than likely final.
  10. vjlex

Yeah, they updated the page soon after to remove the leaked info. But I still have it open from Thursday before it was removed. ;)
  11. vjlex

I posted the original quote from the page here. On the page it said: I still have the page open at home and screenshots, so if this isn't enough I can post those after work.
  12. vjlex

Canon to release major firmware update for the Canon EOS R5

was there supposed to be a link or picture there?
  13. vjlex

I'm curious how useful this pixel-shift, IBIS High Resolution feature will be for astrophotography. Can anyone weigh in? Also, can anyone suggest some super-steady tripods that would be needed to make this feature useful?
  14. vjlex

Yeah, hopefully they wouldn't leave the R3 out! Now the next question is, will we ever actually use it? :LOL:
  15. vjlex

A 400 megapixel jpeg: Nice! I suspect the RAW will just be the 9 individual shots like how the in-camera HDR and focus bracketing modes work. Unfortunately according to the spec sheet, the video recording time limit remains 29:59, but who knows! Hope springs eternal. Either way, sounds like a...
  16. vjlex

Just came across this on Reddit- confirmation of pixel shift for R5 in firmware 1.8.1 via Canon Europe's specifications sheet!
  17. vjlex

Canon releases firmware v1.8.1 for the Canon EOS R6

Can't wait till this leaves the front page and makes my heart stop skipping a beat every time because I keep thinking it's about the R5...
  18. vjlex

What lenses do you feel are "missing" from RF still?

It has already been said but: RF-S 22mm f/2 RF Pancake RF 35mm f/1.xL I would love a compact standard lens I could just keep on my R7 at all times like I do now with the M50/22mm combo.
  19. vjlex

Canon teases Canon EOS R8 and Canon EOS R50 announcement happening this week

I was curious too see what the M50 replacement would look like. Nothing to see here for me. Had there been a 22mm or some other EF-M lens replacements offered, I might have considered it. But as it stands, my M50 and 22mm f/2 still work perfectly well for my compact needs. But it's nice that...
  20. vjlex

Teleconverters 1.4X - 6.0X (Are they providing more detail?) on a 600mm F4 IS mII

Fun experiment. I never knew about a 3.0X teleconverter. Interesting results.Thanks for sharing.