Search results

1. P

Here are the Canon EOS R7 and Canon EOS R10

Because there are tariffs that determine camera import pricing, and having that 30minute limit puts them in a different. Because its literally a software thing, they could undo it, but that may cause them issues since they will have then mis-classified the item they imported and sold. Im...
  2. P

SIGMA will address the RF mount in 2022 [CR3]

Pretty simple, this one. EOS R released in 2018, and we still have no Sigma or Tamron lenses. Sigma obviously worked with Panasonic to release their entire lineup with L-mount. Once the Sony FE mount had market penetration (building to the a7III, really), they developed lenses for that. Canon...
  3. P

Here is the upcoming Canon XF605 professional camcorder

Yeah, kind of odd to in any way compare a Super 35mm, RAW shooting camera against a fixed lens, 1" sensor, run and gun event style camcorder. There's almost no job I can imagine where you'd interchange them
  4. P

Panasonic announces the LUMIX GH5M2 as well as the development of the LUMIX GH6

Sounds like a problem with your work; I've had amazing results, significantly better than anything I was getting out of a Canon camera at that price point (the XXD series or even like a 7D). Yeah, sounds like they managed to squeeze a little more dynamic range with some coatings, but, this is...
  5. P

Delays seem to be the name of the game for 2021

Im not sure if you just misread my post or are being willingly obtuse, but EF-S lenses arent a good match for an RF mount camera. And certainly EF->RF adapting is fine, but, you arent gaining the full advantage of the RF mount for size and weight. An RF 18-45 can. RF 24-105 for $400 as their...
  6. P

Delays seem to be the name of the game for 2021

Well, you have to remember that the RP is now at XXD level prices, so, if they arent making APS-C RF cameras, they need the equivalent ideas for enthusiast level users. Did canon need to have 18-55 variable, 17-55 f/2,8, 15-85, 17-85 lenses all available? Maybe not, but they gave people...
  7. P

Canon Announces the macOS Full Production Version of EOS Webcam Utility Software

Same. Works pretty flawlessly on my Windows machine too.
  8. P

Canon EOS M50 Mark II Specifications [CR2]

I mean, GH5 has been doing 4k60 for nearly 4 years; sensor size matters. Obviously the Sony cams had all sorts of issues with overheating at APS-C early on, but Sony solved that.
  9. P

The RF mount mirrorless version of the EOS-1D X Mark III is coming in 2021 [CR3]

Also, the processing speed and heat sink capacity needed to allow for the crazy frame rates and buffers in 1D stills cameras make massive video specs pretty easy. 100% will have 8k, and Id bet 4k120 is likely as well. Definitely gonna have RAW, etc as well.
  10. P

Is Sony going to beat Canon to the ‘Pro’ mirrorless camera punch?

And yet the 1DXii was the first and only Canon camera with 4k60 for like 4 years...The 1DXiii has 5.5k60 RAW and 10-bit 4:2:2 in a time where most Canon cameras are barely getting 4k 8-bit 4:2:0. History says an R1 is gonna shoot 8k because its $6999 price point doesnt worry Canon's cine line.
  11. P

Industry News: The Sony Alpha a7c leaks ahead of the official announcement

The whole point of the concept is you wouldnt be putting a 70-200 on the camera. They've said they are gonna release more compact lenses to accompany this; add in a lens line line Tamron's f/2.8 primes and it becomes a great travel option. Price is a little high; going like $1499 would be...
  12. P

More information about the upcoming RF mount Cinema EOS series of cameras [CR2]

Yep, this is the correct answer. The crop is basically a problem for two reasons 1. It makes you shift fields of view between different modes, which is annoying; workable, but annoying. And when competitors do it without crops (a7III, GH5, etc), it stands out. 2. People will accept it if it...
  13. P

Industry News: Panasonic S5 specifications leak ahead of an official announcement

Tamron 28-200 is $729 and probably has equal IQ to that 20-60 while actually being a useable focal range.
  14. P

Industry News: Panasonic S5 specifications leak ahead of an official announcement

Gotta imagine pretty terribly...they made bodies that were too large, lenses that were too expensive, and even to this day basically dont have any lens options for <$800. I imagine a decent chunk of video people went with them who dont care as much about video AF and want max video quality, but...
  15. P

Rumored RF mount Cinema camera specifications [CR2]

See, it makes perfect sense to me, and actually explains some of the R5/R6 choices. Aside from the obvious future proofing as they phase out EF, they can hook a lot of people at a cheaper price point than the C-line had been doing. APS-C v Full-frame explains a good chunk of the price...
  16. P

Industry News: Sony Alpha a7s III images leak ahead of tomorrow’s announcement

Yep, 5 years on from the A7sII and the only upgrades in terms of spec is 4k60 10-bit internally. Every other spec upgrade needs a rig, which diminishes the value of having a small camera at a certain point. Good news is Sony sensor tech has improved a lot even from 2015, so I bet that sensor...
  17. P

There will not be an EOS 5D Mark V [CR2]

This one is pretty easy, because no major company is putting their eggs in full-frame SLR. Nikon probably released the last major full-frame DSLR for quite some time with the D780, and if you were leaving the Canon ecosystem right now, I think itd be really, really weird to decide F-Mount is the...
  18. P

There will not be an EOS 5D Mark V [CR2]

But in a tighter market, selling fewer cameras, that incremental cost is probably the entire profit margin of the R5. If you're Canon, what secures your future better. Producing two cameras that are functionally the same spec wise, but in different bodies, requiring two production and assembly...
  19. P

UK pricing leaks for the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

$3499 for the R5 and $2199 or $2299 would fit the traditional entry prices for basically every other camera in the range (EOS R debuted at $2299, the a7Riv debuted at $3499, the 5DIV debuted at $3499, the Z6 and Z7 hit around those price points)