Search results

1. X

Sony Electronics Releases the Alpha 9 III; the World’s First Full-Frame Camera with a Global Shutter Systemi

I was allowed to see the new camera after an sales training. Not using ist by myself, but holding it in my hands. From the point of birding, this cam is really astonishing. There is no distorsion of feathers or wings when the bird is fast moving its wings as the representive showed in a lot of...
  2. X

Rumors from sony: Global shutter on the A9 III

Seems, there are rumors, the upcoming Sony A9 Mark III has an global shutter. (from sony alpha rumors) Canon, please, do the same on the R5....
  3. X

Canon Introduces Three New Lenses, Enhancing Still Photography and Video Production for Any Skill Level

24-105 ordered. But the 200-800 with f9?.... too dark for me. 600mm with 5.6-6.3 would have been great... for me.
  4. X

Canon RF 200-500mm f/4L IS USM update [CR2]

Hmmm.... Without an built in extender a little bit to much pricy, isn`t it? Canon knows how to milk their customers. The RF desing does not jutify the big plus in price. Still my copy of the 600mm RF is not as sharp as my old EF Mark II. Reducing wheigt is welcome, but it has to be as sharp as...
  5. X

It’s here, Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8L IS USM officially announced

12.000 Euro in Germany. Puuh. I think I stay with my old 300mm 2.8L II. Would have ordered it under 10.000€
  6. X

Issue with new firmware on R5- Ibis shivers permanently

Dear Photographers! Back after an long recovery from iatrogenic caused problems, I´ve updated my R5 to the newest firmware. But I see strange behaviour when I switch on Ibis-Pixelshift. Then Ibis starks shivering (like when you clean the sensor). If you press the shutter, no shot is taken. I...
  7. X

Industry News: Nikon announces the NIKKOR Z 600mm f/4 TC VR S with a built-in 1.4x teleconverter

Would be welcome. - 17400€ in Europe. Wow. But Nikon just added 12% to its $-pricing. If Canon would do an 800 6.3, this would be an no-brainer for me. Added with the Canon Rf 400&1.4 extender. WOW . Wow, with the same price tag like the Nikon has
  8. X

Nikon announces pricing, availability for its MC-N10 Remote Grip for Z Series cameras

Nikon announces pricing, availability for its MC-N10 Remote Grip for Z Series cameras https://www.dpreview.com/news/7994292129/nikon-announces-pricing-availability-for-its-mc-n10-remote-grip-for-z-series-cameras Another thing, Canon could produce too.....
  9. X

Nikon unveils $16K Nikkor Z 600mm F4 lens with built-in 1.4x teleconverter

Nikon unveils $16K Nikkor Z 600mm F4 lens with built-in 1.4x teleconverter https://www.dpreview.com/news/2884523402/nikon-unveils-16k-nikkor-z600mm-f4-lens-with-built-in-1-4x-teleconverter?utm_source=self-desktop&utm_medium=marquee&utm_campaign=traffic_source This is definitively some lens...
  10. X

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM and Canon Speedlite EL-5

Isn´t it, that in some US states taxes vary from state to state? Maybe someone from US can tell us.
  11. X

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM and Canon Speedlite EL-5

Indeed, our healthcare system in DACH (Germany, Switzerland, Austria) is very good. Maybe not efficient, especially at some hospital groups you get an extra surgical intervention if our DRG system adds some points. But for almost all treatments you do not have to pay extra and the quality is...
  12. X

My question: What will this pricing tell us? Better exchange ratios (US$:€) for bodies (R1 under 10.000??) and worser exchange ratio for the 300mm&1.4extender????
  13. X

Preorder: Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM & Canon Speedlite EL-5

Pricing did not get rediculous at the R6 II. 2899€ is in the region of some (better equipped) of it´s competitors. I´m sorry to hear that US$ to € ration is good on the R6 (1:1,16) which includes our taxes, but definitively worser on the 135mm RF L (1:1,28). It is almost 1150€ more expensive...
  14. X

UK pricing for the new Canon gear has leaked ahead of tomorrow’s announcement

Selfconfident pricing. 3224€, if just converted to €. The Sony A7 is much lower than 3k - with a lot of cheap and good lenses. The Z7II has 45MP and - I think - about 25-30 lenses and is also lower than 3k. So, what is the benefit of the R6??? Which incredible feature is coming? And how much...
  15. X

Industry News: Sony’s New Alpha 7RV Camera Offers Next-Generation Autofocus Technologies Using an Advanced AI Processing Unit

Hmmm. I do shoot with MK IV. Ordered it to lower weight for BIF (with the great Sony 200-600mm lens). But never been happy with a lot of noise. Really a lot. It is not a pleasure to run each photo in Topaz Denoise. i was still hoping for an new sensor with lesser noise until today. But Sony...
  16. X

New Sony A7RV will come on October 26th - New AF but no new Sensor

Topaz Denoise AI. But - honestly, I do not use it often. (edit: I mean, I do not LIKE to use it often, but I´ve to do so to get cleaner images) Compared to Canon R5, the 7RIV produces as much noise as the Canon over 6400 Iso.
  17. X

New Sony A7RV will come on October 26th - New AF but no new Sensor

On some rumor sites some fake posting appeared. One rumor site that often got right information, posted thath the 7RV will be announced on October 26th. Rumored, an AI-AF system will come - an gamechanging feature. Sensor will be the same as on 7RIV. (from Sony Alpha Rumors) For me, as I use...
  18. X

Patent: Canon RF 300mm f/2.8L IS 1.4x plus other supertelephoto optical designs

I hope, they do not do the same with the 300mm like with the 600mm III version. This is definitively not as sharp as the Mk II. I pray they keep optical quality like the 300mm, as IMO it is their sharpest prime lens. And the do not go higher than 10000 Euros. (Ok, this is wishful thinking...
  19. X

Skylum to fulfill new vision for Luminar Neo with Extensions, including Noiseless AI, which is very cool

Not cheap, still when you own Luminar AI (149€) for lifetime. HDR Merge I got for free as an Luminar AI owner. HDR Merge creats some interesting white shiny corona effects on small details. I´ve to switch to other Programs - dependend on which photos you will have to get a HDR effect on.
  20. X

R7 Discussion

Owning it for a few days, I´m impressed how good the body is - compared with the price tag. Price-performance ratio is really good. For nature photography, the shutter sound is amazing ( ;-) ). Like my 1DXIII. Staccato fire at 15fps... The AF very fast on all my RF lenses and also on the L-EF...