Search results

1. Ivan Muller

Show your Bird Portraits

Hi, everyone! I'm new at bird photography (although not new at photography) having started this year in January because covid put severe restrictions on my people and travel photography and , after a lifetime of photography, I at last got myself a long lens. Having a fabulous nature reserve...
  2. Ivan Muller

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks!
  3. Ivan Muller

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks! For some reason my 'story' didn't get included...I started bird photography as hobby in January this year ( because of covid restricting my usual travel photogrpahy) and my goto place for birds apart from my garden is the Rietvlei Nature Reserve 10min drive from my home...there are more...
  4. Ivan Muller

Show your Bird Portraits

5. Ivan Muller

An EF & RF mount hybrid mirrorless camera in the works [CR2]

mmm , I thought maybe the adapter could have a build in mirror, but it looks kinda short to accommodate a mirror, unless its build into the body and only releases with the special adapter. The body would then be a mirrorless body with a hybrid viewfinder? Personally I think a R type body with...
  6. Ivan Muller

The first supertelephoto for the RF mount to be an RF 500mm f/4L IS [CR1]

My primary goal is to keep CR an accurate place, and of course to keep Jack coming here for the humor. If you’re looking for friends, I hear you can find some on Facebook. I actually like Neuros precise and logical reasoning even though I can find him a bit 'prickly' at times...but generally I...
  7. Ivan Muller

Patent: Canon RF 17-35mm f/4-5.6

'It would sure be ‘stupid Canon’ if the design teams for M and R didn’t talk to one another. but having worked for large, R&D based companies (in Pharma, not tech), I will say that that sort of communication failure wouldn’t surprise me. ' Perhaps also at the time Canon felt that there was no...
  8. Ivan Muller

Street Portraits in the Mountain Kingdom of Lesotho

I have had the Eos R for a couple of months since its release and have done mostly commercial work with it and i couldn't wait to try it out for my personal work. In December I went to Lesotho for a week and stayed in a little village called Malealea...all these street portraits were made there...
  9. Ivan Muller

The Canon EOS M50 and Canon EOS R continued to sell well in December

Nice shot of the Sagrada...I was there in 2003 just before the invasion of Irak? I think...my wife and I have always said that we would like to go back when its completed or nearly so...if I'm still alive by then of course.... If you like the M50 you will love the R...I have the M6 and tried to...
  10. Ivan Muller

Lexar announces the world’s first 1TB SD card

I just got mself a 128 g card, takes about 4000 CRaw images on the R. this is my biggest card ever...I still also use a couple of 32 g cards. On a busy European holiday I filled one 32 G card per day...touch wood I've never had a card fail on me...but I can imagine two 1TB cards in a dual slot...
  11. Ivan Muller

Lower end EOS R body to omit the touch bar

Yes agreed, life is a compromise! I've been lucky - or according to some, unlucky to have been mostly Canon my whole photography life....
  12. Ivan Muller

I guess I fall into this category...I occasionally read with interest some other camera brand reviews...but the thing is that I've never felt that what I am getting out of my Canon is so bad that I just have to change, on the contrary I am generally impressed and have been more than satisfied...
  13. Ivan Muller

A1 print on the Eos R looks good!

Agreed! I actually measured my comfortable closest viewing distance with this print and it was about 60cm ...but I'm old and wear multi focals. I do find that when my daughters show me something on their cell phones that I have to push the phone further away! Its not that I actually want to...
  14. Ivan Muller

So presumably most Canon users that feel that these things where Canon is lacking is most critical for their photography would have changed over to Sony or Nikon by now? Unless of course I suppose that they are a bit like me akin to an ostrich with its head buried in the sand oblivious to how...
  15. Ivan Muller

What does bother me though is the size of the body and grip. It is too small for my taste... For me the R has a much nicer grip than the 6D and 6D2. The R has a deeper grip because of the thinner body I presume, when put side by side the R is surprisingly almost the same size as the 6D2, just...
  16. Ivan Muller

'...the Eos R is expensive compared to a 6DII' Personally I think the R is way more camera than the 6D2...the Af imo is much more accurate and works with all my lenses and some that would only work with the centre AF point on the 6D2 and here I'm talking about the Tamron 35m F1.8 and the 100mm...
  17. Ivan Muller

The image looks a lot more contrasty and saturated on the screen than the print, but nevertheless its quite nice to know that for my type of photography large prints are a no brainer ..of course we all have our standards but without really putting in a lot of effort I am pleasantly pleased by...
  18. Ivan Muller

I am busy processing my images from my December holiday in the mountain kingdom of Lesotho and I thought I would see how large I can print with my new R. Well I'm quite impressed with the A1 print of the image enclosed. There are no digital artifacts nor grain visible. I have often dreamed of...
  19. Ivan Muller

'What can they possible do to make an even lower end EOS R? They released the pretty much best lenses of their entire lineup and only a mirrorless 6d to use them... and now they release an even worse mirrorless camera? It is REALY time for a professional EOS R, not another toy... what else are...
  20. Ivan Muller

Has anybody tried a TS-E on the RF mount yet?

I also forgot to mention that now everything thats on the lcd screen of the R is of course also in the viewfinder. Viewfinder focussing on the 6D and 6D2 was much more problematic....mirror less is made for MF lenses!