Search results

1. W

i folded and bought CC :(

after trying the LR app on my new iphone 6+ its just soo awesome i folded and bought Adobe CC for the $9.99/month deal since LR 6 is bound to be along soon too... yep i'm a turncoat :(
  2. W

Am I the only one excited about the new 7D mk2?

So its no great secret i'm not the worlds biggest fan of crop sensors... but the EOS-M is a great little camera to support my 5Dmk3 for various things and means no lens changing so looking at the specs of the 7D2 I am actually pretty excited about this well not excited enough to buy it...
  3. W

Got my new IR eos-m!

Just got my brand new eos-m With lifepixel IR conversion! Can't wait to try it out :P
  4. W

Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art

I'll add some unedited pics very soon just exposure tweeks no NR no sharpening
  5. W

5Dmk3 grip rubber coming loose

So I usually don't post problems with gear here I usually just take it to get fixed... but the camera is well out of warranty now so i doubt there will be a free fix, and i'm in china not Australia where i bought the camera. the top part of the grip just below the shutter button is starting to...
  6. W

photographing motorsport particularly F1

So I've got some tickets to the shanghai Formula 1 in april and plan to give the tamron 150-600 a good workout on the 5Dmk3 i've never shot motorsport before so looking for some good tips on shooting fast cars in action panning shots ? what shutter speed is best? AF settings? any good tips? I...
  7. W

Best Quality Professional Printing in Sydney?

Hi there Sydney area pros etc, My Wife has a collection that has been selected as one of the feature artists in the upcoming Head On Photo festival in Sydney http://www.headon.com.au/ she will be exhibiting in one of the main galleries and we are currently in china but are based in perth, she...
  8. W

really right stuff ultra light bullhead

http://reallyrightstuff.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=BH-25-LR&type=3&eq=&desc=BH-25-LR%3a-Ultra-light-ballhead-with-LR&key=it I'm looking at getting one of these tiny guys for a set of very small portable tripod legs i got just wondering if anyone has one? and thoughts on how well it works? load...
  9. W

When are we gonna get some news on canons next 50mm (hopefully with IS)

I'm REALLY interested in seeing the next prime canon release with IS in line with the 24, 28 and 35 hopefully they follow up soon with a 50, i'm hoping its at least f1.8 with IS and sharp wide open. If its 2.8 i'll cry like a little girl
  10. W

Gura Gear Memorial day promotion

http://guragear.com/promo/ I finally broke down and ordered a Kiboko 22L+ turns out they are running a memorial day promo where you get a few free goodies thought i'd post this up in case anyone else was on the verge of buying and wanted some free stuff
  11. W

EOS-M tilt shift adapter ?

would it be possible to make an adapter for an EOS-M that allowed you to turn any EF lens into a tilt shift ? looking at the amount of available room in the flange distances i think its probably possible. It would be a pretty killer little piece of kit
  12. W

Added dandelion chips to my lensbaby and samyang 8mm

I grabbed a couple of these from this seller off ebay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280692958416?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 They arrived yesterday and I installed them on my Lensbaby composer pro with sweet 35 optic and on my samyang 8mm fisheye really well made and come...
  13. W

your scariest photography moment?

I accidently formated the memory card on my 5Dmk2 mid wedding on the weekend,... after the ceremony :o luckily transcend recover x got all the files back but it was a pretty stressfull experience :-[ must have had the menu item still on format and somehow managed to bump the menu button, then...
  14. W

Random Massive light blasts from 580Exii

I've been using 580exii flashes for quite a while now they have always worked pretty well, I have 6 of them on the weekend at a wedding 2 of these started randomly dumping massive flash blasts out (so much that it seems more powerfull than even a full power blast) anyone else had this happen...
  15. W

anyone used transcend 1000x CF cards?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Transcend-32GB-CF-Compact-Flash-Card-1000X-Ultra-DMA-Mode-/400373032112?pt=AU_Electronics_Memory_Cards&hash=item5d3817a4b0 Anyone used these yet? I have been using transcend 400x and 600x cards for ages now and have a dozen or so and never had a problem with any of...
  16. W

Canon Lens of the year 2012

I think the 40mm f2.8 pancake is the lens of the year due to its amazing value for money and versitility what is your opinion on the best lens released in 2012? (let me know if I forgot any)
  17. W

HDR video on the 5Dmk3?

With all these new cameras coming out with pixel offset technology like the new hassleblad it got me thinking about the 5Dmk3 22mp sensor and its 3x HD sensor size would it be possible to make it record 3 seperate exposures with a 1 pixel offeset and a different exposure for each which you...
  18. W

Will canon make an 85f2 IS?

I pretty much shoot my sigma 85 at f2 most of the time because I find dof too shallow on 1.4 and really only go to 1.4 due to extreme low light so an 85 f2 with IS that sharp wide open might tempt me. Especially if is smaller and more compact. Since it seems canon are putting IS on all the non L...
  19. W

A EF to EF-M TSE Adapter

I was thinking there is enough room there to make an adapter from EF to EF-M mount that incorporates tilt shift functionality especially if it had AF pass through, might be another cool piece of kit edmika could build :) being able to use say a tokina 11-16 f2.8 with tilt shift functionality...
  20. W

My First EOS-M Review

Well I Finally got my EOS-M a few days ago Why did I get an EOS-M? I hear you ask. (Especially considering the loathing I have for the poorly performing 18MP APS-C sensors) Well quite simply this. I had a Fuji X10 that went back to Fuji about 5 times with them either not fixing the problems...