Search results

1. D

Do you use the lenshood on the 100-400mm II?

Generally, I keep the hood on the lens for added protection of the front element(s). I am not a pro shooter, so my need to make rapid lens changes is not as critical as those that make your livings shooting. When hanging on my side from BR strap, it can move around and always better safe than...
  2. D

RIP Leonard Nimoy

RIP, Mr. Spock.
  3. D

Suggestion for arca-swiss lens plate for new 100-400 ii

Has anyone received theirs yet? I will be ordering this weekend.
  4. D

My New "L"

...and the "L" glass addiction... ;D
  5. D

EF 100-400mm ii vs. EF 200-400 with 1.4 TC

money not an issue = 200-400 reality = 100-400 (I went with this one)
  6. D

Menage a trois

spectacular image !
  7. D

For those that are interested...received this e-mail form RRS... "Thank you for contacting us about this new lens. We are in the process of designing a replacement foot for the lens and should have a preorder up on the website in the coming weeks. Please feel free to check back for updates."
  8. D

TDP Results for 7D MK II and 100-400mmL MK II

+1, would be interesting to see 7D2 versus 1D4.
  9. D

Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM

Re: Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L Mark II WOW! Great image!
  10. D

How satisfied are you with the 100-400 II?

@PhotosByChuck - welcome to CR. Great info, thanks for sharing. I agree with the comments about the tripod ring...odd design, but will adapt to it.
  11. D

EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS II Listed as IN STOCK at Adorama

Acra Swiss mounting compatibility. http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=24159.msg476650#msg476650
  12. D

Here you go... http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=24127.0
  13. D

Just saw in a separate thread that RSS is supposed to be coming out with a lens specific replacement foot in January. I do not know how to cross reference that post, sorry.
  14. D

EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS II Listed as IN STOCK at Adorama

That is why they (RRS) have such a loyal following. They do more than just listen to their customers, they take quick action.
  15. D

Photozone review of 100-400 L II

Thanks for sharing, Alan. Objectively and subjectively better than I expected. ;D
  16. D

How satisfied are you with the 100-400 II?

Voted 1 - Initial satisfaction is same level as when I first used my 70-200 mark 2. Both lenses exceeded my personal expectations. Well worth the wait and pre-order "premium price" for me. YMMV
  17. D

apologies for the IQ...using my cell phone.
  18. D

Definitely a serviceable solution, however, in a "reversed" position, a longer plate would not fit. This is a 9cm plate and there is ~1cm between plate and vertical grip of body.
  19. D

Do you find yourself using your smartphone more than your SLR, MILC or P&S?

I use my smart phone for quick "snap shots", but not for images I plan to do something with down the road. DSLR is for deliberate and thought out use, smartphone is merely for convenience. YMMV