Search results

1. lonelywhitelights

Looking or an Fullframe SLR - Your Experience needed

the 6D is fantastic, just buy it right now. I wouldn't worry too much about the GPS depleting batteries, I've used my 6D with one battery on a 12 hour shoot with the GPS turned on accidentally and never needed to change the battery. I use class 10 UHS-1 Transcend Ultimate cards and they're...
  2. lonelywhitelights

Is ARRI Canon's Biggest Obstacle in Professional Cinema?

ARRI is not Canon's biggest obstacle. CANON is Canon's biggest obstacle. There is still a huge demand for film and Canon don't make any film cameras. it's that simple.
  3. lonelywhitelights

I'm done - I have all the lenses I need

Just to jump in on the Honda Jazz, it was called that here in the UK, too. I'm pretty sure it was the name they used for the entire European market and the middle east. Companies often call cars different names in the US, and sometimes in East Asia, too, though I think the Honda Fit was called...
  4. lonelywhitelights

Off Brand: Sony Announces the A7 & A7R Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras

Re: Off Brand: Sony Announces the A7 & A7R Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras No need to get rid of all your Canon glass, with an adaptor for the Sony you could keep using them and save yourself A LOT of money. That Sony/Zeiss glass is even more overpriced than Canon glass :P!
  5. lonelywhitelights

Sigma 18-35 f/1.8 DC?

Sigma have confirmed that the lens is real, it looks fantastic. If only I still had my 7D http://fstoppers.com/sigma-confirms-rumors-the-18-35mm-f1-8-is-the-real-deal
  6. lonelywhitelights

A 4000$ budget for Lenses on 5D3... need suggestions

no one. not a single person (unless I missed it) has mentioned the 24-105mm f/4L lens are we all forgetting how great this lens is or are we all blinded by the new mark II 24-70 f/2.8 :P just the fact that the 24-105mm is so affordable now makes it even more attractive and we can't deny that...
  7. lonelywhitelights

Why I Chose a Canon EOS 6D over a 5D MKIII

The only reason I don't have a 6D right now is because of it's size and weight. Comfort is a big thing for me when shooting and the overall feel of the 6D just doesn't do it for me. Loved your review, though! and some great images. Thanks for sharing! =)
  8. lonelywhitelights

5d2 officially discontinued.

The used market is absolutely swamped with quality used 5D2's I would happily buy another or even 2 since it's easy to find them for less than £1,000 and even £900 but that money is saved for new glass!
  9. lonelywhitelights

Using 1DX in very low temperatures

I've used a 7D in similar temperatures in Iceland and never had any problems - just make sure you have an extra battery - or two! =D
  10. lonelywhitelights

First Round of EOS 7D Mark II Specs [CR1]

"New Ergonomic Design" the 7D was pretty damn perfect (pretty sure that's why the 5D mark III is clearly modelled on it) - shouldn't try to fix something that isn't broken. I'm not sure about the increase in MP - sure it'll have an all new sensor but still - 18mp would be just fine on an...
  11. lonelywhitelights

Portrait: 85mm 1.8 or 100mm 2.0

I would happily suggest the Sigma 85mm f/1.4 very useful comparison here with the Canon 85mm f/1.2 - http://darwinwiggett.wordpress.com/2011/04/12/sigma-85mm-f1-4-vs-canon-85mm-f1-2l-ii/
  12. lonelywhitelights

New EF-S Lenses Are Coming [CR2]

Dooo love the ef-s 10-22mm, Such a lovely lens to use. sadly had to sell it after upgrading to 5DII and the 16-35L is out of my price range. Still missing that wide focal range :'(
  13. lonelywhitelights

a used Canon 5D, a budget way to go full frame?

According to what I've read before the 5D is pretty notorious with dusty sensors. As verysimplejason says above you'll get very little improvement and the camera doesn't have Live View (which isn't always essential but it's very, very handy). It also has an unreliable rear LCD with regards to...
  14. lonelywhitelights

5D MKII Used?

sounds like a good price to me, especially since it's been so well used. I just bought a used mark II with less than 800 actuations (it's basically new) and paid £1,050 (about $1695), I couldn't throw my money at the guy fast enough
  15. lonelywhitelights

Canon EOS 4D reference in Wifi remote app video

I have another idea - apart from it being a typo. It could be "Canon EOS ID" as in Identity it could be a default name for the camera inside the app - like how iPhones and iPods have default names in iTunes that you can change to suit your quirky nature ;) so yes, I vote that "Canon EOS ID"...
  16. lonelywhitelights

Canon EOS 4D reference in Wifi remote app video

It could of course just be a typo?
  17. lonelywhitelights

Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L II Arrived

Not just a hood, the Mark I lens hood provided protection to the barrel when extended, from rain and dust etc when the mark II lens is extended that barrel is exposed to the weather
  18. lonelywhitelights

Canon EOS 6D Announcement Soon? [CR1]

Nothing wrong with that sensor
  19. lonelywhitelights

Fujifilm X-E1 images leaked

http://www.petapixel.com/2012/08/24/leaked-photos-of-fujis-more-affordable-x-e1-mirrorless-camera/ Very pretty looking camera! can't wait to see what the price is
  20. lonelywhitelights

Camera Paradise

Has anyone bought any equipment from this Hong Kong based company? would be great to know if anyone has had any bad/good experiences with them as I find their prices too good to be true