1. Michael_pfh

Affected with GAS, Gear Acquisition Syndrome

I am still fine, no symptoms at all
  2. Michael_pfh

Website launched!

Very nice site, enjoyed my visit.
  3. Michael_pfh

Canon EF 300mm f/4L IS USM Lens - Sharpness

I had a 300 F4L IS in my bag for a couple of years before upgrading to the 300 F2.8L IS II in 2012. The 300F/4L IS is a fine lens which is sharp wide open. its comparably compact size and light weight make it easy to bring it along wherever you go. It takes teleconverters quite well, adding the...
  4. Michael_pfh

Canon 1D Mark IV or 1Dx?

I upgraded from 1D4 to 1DX earlier this year and must say that the 1DX is the better camera - however I wish I would have kept the 1D4 as back-up body as I miss the in-built 1.3x teleconverter whenever I am using a big white...
  5. Michael_pfh

1DX, 600L II, 800L as well as the Zeiss versions of the Canons I got. Fish Eye and TS are second priority
  6. Michael_pfh

Fortunately I seem to have some sort of immunity against GAS... ;)
  7. Michael_pfh

Is There a Definitive "Best" Landscape Lens for Crop?

the 16-35 does pretty well on crop
  8. Michael_pfh

200/2 IS Lust

I did/do not need the 200 f2L - however I did never regret buying it. One of my favourite lenses.
  9. Michael_pfh

Superteles: 300 vs 500

The 500 F4L IS is a great lens, you will not regret upgrading.
  10. Michael_pfh

I've tried the 200-400 today! :D Very happy

Felt the same when I tried it out a month ago, really amazing lens. http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=12127.msg215918#msg215918
  11. Michael_pfh

Need advice on telephoto zoom Lens

70-200 2.8L IS II
  12. Michael_pfh

Potential upgrade from 7D

Or just get the 24 1.4L II - not ultrawide on 7D but the perfect tool for indoor low light shots without using a flash.
  13. Michael_pfh

EF200mm f1.8L vs EF200mm f2L IS vs EF300mm f2.8L IS II

Service and availability of spare parts could be one reason not not go for the 200 1.8L, lack of IS another. You should think carefully if you really need the F2.0 at 200mm, otherwise you might be better off with the 300 F2.8L IS II + 70-200 F2.8L IS II. However, although I do certainly not...
  14. Michael_pfh

EF 200-400 f/4L IS 1.4x Production to Begin in Q2

That's interesting! The Canon rep that I asked during the very event wasn't able to comment on price but did tell ma about a commercial go live in S'pore in Q2... http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=12127.0
  15. Michael_pfh

300 f2.8 Ser 1 vs. Ser 2?

I would also consider $1,200 to be too cheap to be true for a decent copy. However, I can highly recommend the Mark 2, IQ, sharpness, bokeh are amazing and it's comparably light, can carry it around all day with ease. I am mainly using it for shooting candid portraits while exploring a city...
  16. Michael_pfh

70-200 F2.8 mark I or mark II?!

Definitely the Mark II. Had the chance to compare pics taken with the IS MkI at the same location at the same time with those I had taken with the IS Mk II. Both on 7D and the IQ difference was very visible...
  17. Michael_pfh

EF 200-400 f/4L IS 1.4x --- Brief hands-on review

I went to the Canon event @ Cathay Orchard Cineleisure (Singapore) today in order to have a look at the 200-400 F4L IS USM 1.4x and was not disappointed. With exception of the 200 F2L IS all of Canon’s current long whites were lined up nicely with an 1DX attached on tripods with gimbal heads so...
  18. Michael_pfh

What's going on with the Voightlander 20mm?

Absolutely nothing with regards to the 20mm on Voigtlaenderrumors.com
  19. Michael_pfh

Repairing Scratches - 5D MKIII

You should be happy - you finally got a reason to upgrade to 1DX