Search results

1. T

Report: Canon to launch 4 fast L prime lenses in the first half of 2024

In the meantime, Sigma Art 14mm f/1.8 is just fine for astrophotography either on the 5DMkIV or on the R5. In my opinion its weakness is flare resistance (or lack thereof).
  2. T

That would an interesting atro and landscape lens.
  3. T

Let's hope it will not have much coma. If it's (almost) coma free it will tempt.
  4. T

Canon EOS R5 Mark II Specifications

I didn't get that or any other error. My R5 has frozen once in the years I have it. That and it had a really BAD AF system when it had older firmware (it's fixed now).
  5. T

As far as I remember (I write this just by memory) All 5 series cameras were at my opinion worthy upgrades. The 5DMkII was the more revolutionary due to video and the massive increase in mpixels but 5DMkIII introduced a much much better AF area and (in my opinion less noise at high ISO) and...
  6. T

What I wish for is an improved R5 so if the DR is the same it is a YES for me. A 45 Mpixel sensor seems to work for me for many cases (including birding) although I would welcome a R7MkII too.
  7. T

Canon EOS R5 Mark II sensor resolution likely to stick at 45mp but with new AI features [CR2]

I do not believe there will be a subscription scheme (at least soon). Also, maybe someone wanted to see reactions and mentioned it. And we took the bait.
  8. T

EOS R7 - will there be an update that corrects autofocus issues?

Although I have both R5 and R7 (and the RF100-500) I cannot compare them in AF since I use them for non BIF or birds flying far away. What I do know is that R7 wth RF 100-500 is a very good combination for distant birds (assuming no issues with hot air).
  9. T

Canon EOS R5 Mark II sensor resolution likely to stick at 45mp but with new AI features [CR2]

Maybe they leaked this "subscription" thing to see how people react. And we are doing them a favor just discussing about it. On the other hand this is what I do too :LOL: And this is a forum. So people discuss! But seriously I do not believe they will do that. Let's hope they will make...
  10. T

Canon being among them :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
  11. T

Z9 and much later Z8 will include a bird AF option. I believe Canon will follow. Or they can improve the existing one to get the same one to make it equally effective. We don't know. When we are out taking pictures, we may encounter other creatures equally interesting. We would not like to have...
  12. T

However, the only thing that has to be better /much better for me to get interested in updating my R5 is speed/responsiveness and AF. More specifically I do not want it hunting when trying to find a bird in the sky or waking up. Or to be more specific (and reasonable) I want DSLR speed and...
  13. T

Subscription is something I personally dislike extremely. Buying features is a totally different thing. Just my opinion.
  14. T

Canon EOS R1 Specifications [CR2]

Some thoughts: 1. I hope Quad pixel is on the table. 2. If 30Mpixel at 40fps is possible why not 40Mpixel at 30fps? OK I understand it is not a serious question but that would make it a super birding camera but maybe a little less than a super sports camera. Or Canon is not quite there for...
  15. T

Canon RF 200-800mm IS USM Previews / Reviews

Likewise. Paired with R7 it is put inside bags like the one I get to my workplace or even the one I take to the beach.
  16. T

The Canon EOS R1 will come well before the EOS R5 Mark II [CR3]

From the descriptions of what will not have it seems to me that what is described as R1 comes very close to what R3mkII would be. Not necessarily a bad thing but it seems to me there will not be much room for two very similar cameras.
  17. T

Since it is a rumors site and we speculate about future cameras allow me to express a wish with not much hope: A R5mkII camera with R3's body in order to be smaller than a R5II with battery grip, more robust and have ample power for birding. Not probable but one can hope...
  18. T

I am curious how R3MkII, R5MkII and R1 will coexist. Assuming R1 would have less mpixels than R5MkII it will have to have more mpixels than R3MkII in order to differentiate (unless R3MkII will be a baby R1). Anyway it's good to have choices....
  19. T

Update on the Canon RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS USM

But, but 400mm DO II is so nice. And there is also the 1.4XIII albeit only for a 560mm f/5.6 lens. I had some reservations for the IQ at 800 at f/8 too and you do not make it easy sir with your exceptional scientific tests. I still love it though (I just have to find a use for it :p : OK until...
  20. T

Laowa FFII 10mm F2.8 coming soon

Thanks. I just decrease the number of seconds (practically increase the speed) until I am satisfied with the result. Star trails depend also on the specific part of the sky being photographed so I take some test photos until I am satisfied with the result.