Search results

1. T

A question for 24-105 upgrade.

Hello all, I would like to ask community's opinion on the following matter. I have (among other) 24-105 4L IS which I use as a general purpose lens when I cannot carry a large selection of lenses (in the later case I would rather use 24-70 2.8L II) I use it for landscapes and for internal...
  2. T

WiFi question for Canon 5D Mk IV

hello, Some questions please: 1. I found out that no matter what the settings I cannot transfer full size jpeg from my 5DMkIV using Canon's Camera Connect on Android. A Canon 200D could very well transfer a full size jpeg to the same application/phone. **EDIT** This mystery has been somehow...
  3. T

Possible new 5D3 firmware 1.3.3 ???

hello, FYI: I came across the following: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=14229.0 There is NOTHING at Canon's site though...
  4. T

Leica: Trouble in paradise?

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/8752612172/leica-m9-users-report-sensor-corrosion-issue Copied from dpreview site: Leica M9 users report sensor corrosion issue
  5. T

Some advice about my new (2nd) 5D3 please.

hello, having sold my 5D2 I bought a 5D3. I made some tests to check it but due to bad weather and work I did not have the chance to use it. So now I tried to test it again. It works fine but I noticed 2 things: 1. There is a infinitessimally small dot on the glass of the back LCD. It is just...
  6. T

24-70 2.8 L II summary of defects

Hello, having heard of so many issues with Canon's 24-70 f/2.8L II I thought of issuing a poll. This is the first time I create one so apologies if I have missed something. I assumed that no one would have more than 1 issue so as to prevent someone from voting both no issues and something...
  7. T

Big white lenses: Foot replacement or Lens plate?

hello, having bought a 500mm f/4L IS II and using a Markins M20 head - which for at least this year will NOT be complemented with objects named Wimberely, Gimbal, Sidekick etc - I wonder if the best choice is a lens foot replacement or a lens plate. Since a friend is coming from the States...
  8. T

F/8 Autofocusing impressions

Now that 5DMkIII has been upgraded to support f/8 autofocusing have you tried using it? Of course this question applies equally to 1D series owners too. 1: Do you find AF practical/fast/accurate ? 2: How is the quality retained? Well, I know that the latter is NOT f/8 autofocusing related...