Search results

1. Crapking

Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM "Pancake"

https://flic.kr/p/XwEQpF
  2. Crapking

My First Concert Shoot

https://flic.kr/p/XwEQpF not your typical shot, but a fave of mine nonetheless
  3. Crapking

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

KeyWest2017-16 by NAVBPhotos, on Flickr
  4. Crapking

Mac OS Sierra - any EOS utility workaround?

What is wrong with using Lightroom? It will do everything you are asking EOS utility to do (import to specific folder, change filename, add metadata, etc ).
  5. Crapking

The short version involves a pair of six-sided numbered cubes, stacks of circular clay discs, piles of flat green paper and a whole lot of hoopin' and hollerin'. An alternate version describes the quality of work ;)
  6. Crapking

Post photos of other photographers in action

Tues5d3-63 by NAVBPhotos, on Flickr This guy is trying one of each - can't seem to decide which brand to use >>> Actually he is a tour guide / naturalist in the Galapagos and was taken a group photo for us ! Tues5d3-41 by NAVBPhotos, on Flickr
  7. Crapking

Untitled by NAVBPhotos, on Flickr Just had the chance to shoot with the 400/4 DO version 1. very light, looking forward to assessing the Mark II in a few weeks.
  8. Crapking

GBBX1968.jpg by NAVBPhotos, on Flickr
  9. Crapking

5D Mark III hood for LCD?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=899483&gclid=Cj0KEQjwvtS6BRC8pcKn8OXIg_wBEiQAqtpiz2Svdfn3Qk92rU4iEpIq3ExwDb8pMymmm5hkW498etoaAme88P8HAQ&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C92051677682%2C&Q=&A=details I use this hoodman loupe with accessory straps all the time!
  10. Crapking

Anything Shot with a 7D MII

7MII2483 by NAVBPhotos, on Flickr
  11. Crapking

Anything Shot with a 7D MII

7MII2455 by NAVBPhotos, on Flickr
  12. Crapking

Lucky 1DX II Owners- lenses used and comments please?

1D2X2581 by NAVBPhotos, on Flickr Another 135L/f2 at ISO 5000, 1/800 - another example of how this camera / lens helps in a poorly lit HS gym No focus hunting/misses (Case 1, AI servo, 4 point expansion)
  13. Crapking

1D2X2469 by NAVBPhotos, on Flickr 200-400/f4 @300mm and ISO 16000 !
  14. Crapking

https://flic.kr/p/GM5nuE Here is an ISO 4000 with the 135L, Very responsive AF, nice colors/contrast, no issue with resolution and not yet AFMA'd
  15. Crapking

The Canon WFT-E8A Wireless File Transmitter Has Started Shipping

Just a quick update - did work flawlessly with newest EOS utility - photo upload speed was 'sluggish': only 72 RAW images in just under 4 minutes using the WFT transmitter as access point to an older MBP (without AC protocol). Tethering with EOS utility was responsive, not overly 'clunky' for...
  16. Crapking

Agree - I forgot to mention the remote shooting aspect - a very compact, wireless tethering option !
  17. Crapking

I got mine from B&H last week - small / compact form factor, powered by camera battery, speedy uploads to camera or iPad using Canon connect app, but connection times out frequently from iPhone after iPhone locks out. Before a lockout, files can be saved directly to camera roll, and then shared...
  18. Crapking

Review: Canon EOS-1D X Mark II by TDP

After 1 night with it, I am not in a position to talk you into it. I paired it with my iphone before the match, then went about my normal shot routine, including some video, then hoped to screen/rate my shots between sets on my phone instead of the Lcd. Unfortunately, the connection kept...
  19. Crapking

I'm not a Canon fanboy,nor a techno-pixel peeper but I can say there is a greater 'functional' dynamic range in that I am pushing the shadow slider much less with the Mark II, and I am shooting with a 1/2 - 1 stop less ISO, and I am using less NR in Lightroom. Combined with the anti-flicker...
  20. Crapking

Probably not AFMA'd yet...I've found that to be case occasionally with close focus shots. Once FOCAL releases their update, I am sure that will improve, but even without it, I can vouch that I am pushing shadows much less, and applying 10 - 20% less noise reduction in my action photos at ISO...