Search results

1. Crapking

1Dx Mark II RAW files

NAvsPR-5 by NAVBPhotos, on Flickr Here is a link for RAW files you can use to assess the new 1Dx M II - I will post more later, but here is one to get yo started. http://albums.phanfare.com/isolated/KP6XCdnX/1/14275395
  2. Crapking

Anything Shot with a 1Dx mark II

Can't believe I get to start THIS thread... Here is a direct comparison between 1Dx and 1Dx II with same camera and LR settings. Good to know that LR CC recognized the .CR2 files immediately today ! 16DX1288.jpg by NAVBPhotos, on Flickr 1D2X0003.jpg by NAVBPhotos, on Flickr
  3. Crapking

Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM

Surprised no thread on this "new" lens. Here is one to start - most don't think of this as an action lens, but focues very quickly and very sharp. Sometimes in bad gym lighting this lens saves the day.... NA@DerryT37 by NAVBPhotos, on Flickr
  4. Crapking

Anything Shot with a 7D MII

7MII0399 by NAVBPhotos, on Flickr Not bad for OOC JPG with LR adjustments (ISO 4000) in a high school gym.... 50/1.2L at f1.2 1/1000 ISO 4000
  5. Crapking

Aputure V control

http://www.aputure.com/en/product/v_control_usb.php Just picked up this electonic remote to help me with my focus pull while shooting video / volleyball games. It has 4 presets, which should work well for where on the court I typically shoot (service, digs, sets and kills). I have tested it...
  6. Crapking

Lost and Found - Not an April's Fool joke

http://news.sky.com/story/1069891/missing-camera-traced-6000-miles-from-home Hard to believe the memory card was still dry. !
  7. Crapking

Indoor Volleyball

A new thread for my main / favorite sports job XNAI0677 by PVC 2012, on Flickr Camera Canon EOS-1D X Exposure 0.001 sec (1/1000) Aperture f/1.8 Focal Length 50 mm (50 1.2 L) ISO Speed 1250
  8. Crapking

HIGH ISO Performance

I began shooting the other night at ISO 12,800 with my 1D Mark IV, just to see how it stacks up in real world situations to my 1D-X. While not 'organized' enough to standardize all the settings between the bodies, I was pleasantly surprised to see how well it did stack up. While not intending...
  9. Crapking

Packing list for trip of a lifetime

Travelling to the Galapagos Islands in a few short weeks with the wife and two teenagers, all de facto photo enthusiasts, and always love to hear how others would pick and pack our gear. In theory, there is a weight limit of 45 lbs + one 15 lb carry-on per person, which must include ALL our...
  10. Crapking

WFT-E2 IIa suggestions

Am going to evaluate the 'old' WFT- E2 IIa next weekend with my 1dIV and before connecting to my Mac Pro or MacBook Pro wanted to get forum feedback on pitfalls / mistakes to avoid. My plan is to use my ATT wireless 4G card to allow the camera to send images to either my laptop or maybe my...
  11. Crapking

Damaged lens (filter)-service question

Had a mishap with my 70-200 2.8 II over the weekend :( Dropped a few feet without the lens hood and dented the UV filter (and cracked JUST the filter luckily). Any ideas on how to get the bent / broken filter off and the need to have it serviced/re-calibrated? Live in the USA, and was...
  12. Crapking

1DX vs 1D IV ??

Had the guilty pleasure of renting a ID IV this weekend to serve as a second body (to my 7D) to shoot indoor volleyball tournament. While I am not a paid professional (yet), I am striving to take me vision to the next level, and despite nice lenses, the low-light challenges continue to plague...
  13. Crapking

Candid portraits

Here's one to start off - I'd like to see more 'candid' portraits, rather than posed. I'm curious to see what settings people use when they are not really planning on taking a shot, but rather when something interesting occurs and there is not always time to be 'creative' with the lights or the...
  14. Crapking

Travel / carry bags

Santa left some gift cards and wondering which day bags people prefer? Looking for over -the -shoulder, light models to carry a 7D with grip, 70-200, + 3-4 lenses and a flash. Currently using the BlackRapid RS-5 Strap but hoping to add something for accessories. Also looking to upgrade bag...
  15. Crapking

VB

Newbie to site, just joined after reading along for almost a yr. :) Thought I'd put up some of my Volleyball shots and get feedback. Using 7D, 70-200 II, AI servo zone focusing, manual settings with auto ISO (usually 3200), trying to stop action. Mostly all JPEG for the whole of last season...