Search results

1. D

If you live in Los Angeles, great show at the Getty

If you live in or near Los Angeles and have even a passing interest in fashion photography, there is a great exhibit at the Getty that ends some time in October. Beautifully made images. http://www.getty.edu/art/exhibitions/fashion_photography/
  2. D

Meike Mk320 Speedlite

Hi all, looking for a bit of input. I'm going on a trip to Ireland soon. This will be more of a vacation with my girlfriend than a dedicated photo trip, though I do want to catch some good shots and she is pretty understanding. I'm trying to pare down my kit since lugging around a bunch of...
  3. D

Lens support/collar tripod question

Hi all. Looking for a little advice and knowledge here. I recently picked up a couple new toys, partially for an upcoming trip to Yosemite and partially because I am planning on upgrading to full frame in the near future, hopefully before the trip in November. I bought a 200mm f/2.8L II to...
  4. D

Joby Ultra Plate with Blackrapid strap?

Joby has released a shoulder strap and an Arca Swiss compatible plate with a place to mount the strap. Any thoughts on using this plate with a Blackrapid strap? I had been thinking of going Neuro's route with a Kirk clamp on the end of the strap, but this looks interesting...
  5. D

Advice for Vacation to Belize

My wife and I are joining some friends for our first trip to Belize this summer. Some of the time will be spent around jungle ruins, some on the beachfront of a small island off the coast. There will likely be some SCUBA involved and it will be our first big dose of that also. Right now I have...