Search results

1. R

Canon U.S.A. Redefines Imaging Excellence at NAB 2024

Considering the focus of NAB, doubtful. ;)
  2. R

Canon EOS R5 Mark II Specifications

Not necessarily. “Sensors” are exposed when changing lenses on video/Cine cameras all the time.
  3. R

We may see some new Cinema EOS cameras for NAB 2024 in April

They are the exact same CN-E primes that have been out for years. They just changed the lens mount from EF to RF.
  4. R

Sony Announces Custom Gridline License Available for Alpha Camera Bodies

We’ve had frame lines and the ability to create custom frame lines in professional video cameras forever, including Sonys, and now they want to charge users $150 for the ability to do it in a stills camera. Insane.
  5. R

Sony to continue global shutter implementation with a new professional video camera

The F55, which is a decade old(feels crazy to say that), has a global shutter CMOS sensor. And the Z750, which is a 2/3” 3-chip ENG camera, has global shutter CMOS sensors.
  6. R

Opinion: The USB-C DSLR problem isn’t as bad as you think

To summarize: Blah, blah, blah, big double decker nothing burger, blah, blah, blah.
  7. R

Canon EOS R5 firmware update [CR2]

That makes zero sense. Why would a newer model that possibly has more/better features make you want to jump brands? Getting a new body is simply that. Switching brands is generally going to require a wholesale change in not only lenses, but batteries and other brand specific accessories. I...
  8. R

Canon EOS R5 Mark II in the hands of the lucky? [CR1]

I’m kind of surprised at the number of people wanting shutter sound. Nostalgia? Just DL Duran Duran ‘Girls on Film’ and play it on a loop. Lol
  9. R

It’s MEGA DEAL ZONE time at B&H Photo

Completely not what his comment was about. Neuro was talking about actual advertising on the site.
  10. R

Canon bolsters cinema line up with two new Flex Zoom lenses and updates to Cinema EOS cameras

Yep. The problem with RF lenses, you can only use them on RF cameras, because of the shallow flange depth/back focus distance. Whereas EF is like PL, and is pretty deep, so you can easily adapt them to other cameras/mounts, because there is plenty of space for an adapter. And the cine and TV...
  11. R

Canon bolsters cinema line up with two new Flex Zoom lenses and updates to Cinema EOS cameras

Yes. In TV lenses, it’s very common to have “point” focal lengths. A few Canon examples: CJ15ex8.5B, KJ10ex4.5B, CJ15ex4.3B, CJ25ex7.6B. The first number is the zoom ratio and the second is the back-end(wide) focal length. So the Canon 10x4.5 is a 4.5mm-45mm zoom lens. *Edit*. And almost...
  12. R

End of an era, DPReview.com will shut down next month

Doesn't change anything. I said the photos were lackluster. Doesn't matter who shot them.
  13. R

Bullshit. It’s 100% fair. If you’re a photography site, there should be some good example photos shown from the cameras and lenses reviewed. And the majority of the photos I saw accompanying reviews, when I used to visit the site, were usually pretty boring and unspectacular. I’m not trying...
  14. R

I have the site bookmarked and would visit, but it was hard, because the images that accompanied the reviews were just so lackluster. It was painfully obvious that they were techies and not real photographers.
  15. R

Next up for Canon? The Cinema EOS lineup ahead of NAB 2023

I’ve been buying Canon still cams for a long time. The first ENG lens on my first Betacam was a Canon. My first DSLR was the 5DmkII. I got the original C300 and I have a full set of their Cine primes, plus the 17-120 and 25-250. Canon’s problem is they still just don’t get the “Cine camera”...
  16. R

After almost 30 years, Canon is ending the “Kiss” branding in Japan

So I guess it would stand to reason that a ‘Rebel Kiss’ is part of the lead-up to a ‘Hate F***’…
  17. R

Canon Cinema EOS Cameras Coming in 2023 [CR3]

This isn’t the first time that a manufacturer has said they were going to have/offer this feature. It has yet to really come to fruition in any meaningful way.
  18. R

The Canon EOS R5 C has been rejected for Netflix Certification

Kind of going off down a rabbit hole, but you do bring up a good point. There are (big) differences in acquisition, delivery and broadcast(to the viewer) specs. I'd say the majority of us on here don't have to worry about anything except the acquisition specs, as we're not delivering finished...
  19. R

And everyone always seems to forget or just doesn’t understand, the “Netflix Approved” camera list only applies to Netflix Original programming. For example, if someone went out and shot a doc on an iPhone 4 and Netflix liked it and wanted it, it’s fine. The “standard” only applies to their...
  20. R

Lots of Netflix approved cams with no internal ND(like RED or the aforementioned FX3).