Search results

1. troy19

EOS M5 Mirrorless

Don't know the reason for not closing the shutter, maybe it's because the shutter needs battery power when closed? But for protection the aperture closes, see manual page 30: "When an EF-M lens is attached to the camera and the power is off, the aperture narrows to reduce the amount of light...
  2. troy19

Phottix Indra 500lc first impressions

Thanks for sharing your first impressions on the new Phottix Indra 500lc. Great to here of new flashes coming with Canon RT technology. BTW Your wedding photography portfolio is really really wonderful. You have so much talent :)
  3. troy19

EOS M5 - first impressions

thread is getting difficult to read with all those full quotes, what do you think?
  4. troy19

Checked the above settings with my M5 and couldn't get Touch AF working with continous AF disabled. Are we talking about different things? 1. I noticed a liitle change in EVF brightness when aiming at darker or brighter viewfinder targets. That's regular behaviour with EVF I think. At first I...
  5. troy19

M5 has 3 different focus modes: AF, MF and AF+MF. AF-mode: M5 focusses automatically only. No manual override possible. Lenses focus ring is deactivated. Magnification can be set manually as shown in your excerpt from the user manual. MF-mode: M5 focusses manually only by turning the lenses...
  6. troy19

Maybe in future firmware Canon gives us the choice to enable touchfocus in all AF-modes. Same with coloured frames when touchfocussing. I'm convinced Canon is collecting user opinions and implement some of them in future firmware 1.1. :) In the meantime I enjoy shooting with the M5 ;)
  7. troy19

Thanks for the info. After disabling "Continious AF" touchfocussing is disabled too. It is as you described: Shutter release then has to be half pressed to focus. This behaviar is documented in manual chapter Modus P / Focussing / Changing focus setup and the given reason is saving battery. So...
  8. troy19

Double checked and can confirm my M5 touchfocuses in Av-mode equally in "one shot"-mode and in "servo"-mode with EF-M 18-150. Did you use EF-M lenses or EF oder EF-S lenses with adaptor?
  9. troy19

sunnyVan, tap to focus does extremely well in photo AND movie mode. It's a real pleasure to use. Worked with my 70d and of course with the M5. Did you check "menue / wrench #3 / Touch". There are 3 settings (standard, sensitive, deactivate). Don't know the exact english translations, sorry...
  10. troy19

Have to add an info from my retailer: battery will reach max. capacity after 5 - 8 loading cycles only. So here's hope ;)
  11. troy19

Any reviews or impressions of the EF-M 18-150mm yet?

Sample shots see this message: http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=31379.msg641466#msg641466
  12. troy19

Here's a 2nd set of testshots from a walk in the town. Had 1 hour spare time while the kids were at the movies :) https://www.magentacloud.de/share/x4kz7bzffh Use pw "m5m5m5". 2nd set seams to be better because of shorter shutter speeds compared to the first set. It's so great to travel...
  13. troy19

Yes, magnification and focus peaking works both with EVF and tilt screen. These tools are a joy to use. I.e. you can touch focus at an outer focus point on the screen, half press the shutter and then turn the lens focus ring and the 5x magnifcation and focus peaking automatically starts. This is...
  14. troy19

Hey, I just discovered, that it is possible to disable the function of a button completely. Nice!
  15. troy19

1. Here you are. Here's a set of testshots: https://www.magentacloud.de/share/rpsdozsw44 Use pw "m5m5m5". Done with 70d, M5, EF-M 11-22, EF-M 18-150 and Sigma 18-35. All manual focus with 10x magnification at the wooden "desk". Got my M5 and EF-M the 18-150 just yesterday, had to wait 3...
  16. troy19

Any reviews or impressions of the EF-M 18-150mm yet?

18-150 isn't out yet in my country, no store has it in stock, some give a Dec., 22th, delivery date. So I guees we have to be patient. I too hope it gives us good IQ since it's the most expensive EF-M lens to date (499,- €) with all other EF-M lenses under 400,- €.
  17. troy19

When is the M5 Shipping?

You fooled me, at first I thought it was a real campaign. Good work ;)
  18. troy19

When is the M5 Shipping?

Thank you, I may win one place on the waiting list ;)
  19. troy19

When is the M5 Shipping?

This answer from Canon is surely disappointing, but was predictable. Well, (to me) there's no big damage (bought a new adaptor with tripod-support for 70 €, will sell the other one for 50 €), but the real damage is done to Canons image. So Canon is now in line with other manufacturers when it...
  20. troy19

That surprises me. For what I know, the Yongnuo YN-E3-RT is the same as the Yongnuo 600ex RT, just w/o the flash head. As the original Canon E3-RT is the same as the original Canon 600ex RT, just w/o the flash head. But thanks to the USB-port, Yongnuo should be able to fix this by firmware update.