Search results

1. R

M50 Vs iPhone 12

I was in Mounument Valley couple weeks ago. both iPhone 12 and M50 were used. disregard the resolution and no pixel peeping and no post processing. The following is what I have found: 1. Panaromic : iPhone wins hands down 2. Extreme contrast, like taking Silhouette picture of the rock formation...
  2. R

15-45mm EF_M kit lens V.S. 22mm EF_M

I read a few post about how good the 22mm is and 15-45mm kit lens is so so. I decided to do a A-B comparision with my own lenses. The attached two croped pictures are at pixel level, taken with flash at 1/200 to minize hand-shaking. 22mm is at f4 and the kit lens is also at about 22mm at f 8. (...
  3. R

Down sizing photo

If I just need 8 Mp photos, which method will give me a better picture at the end? 1. Set the 8MP resolution in a 24Mp camera 2. Take the 24 Mp picture and down size with PS later
  4. R

What resolution can we get when 35 mm film is developed and scanned by a professional lab?

When resolution can we get when 35mm (24X36 mm) is developed and scanned by a professional lab? Some where I read that 35 mm Kodachrome can have up to 20 Mp resolution under ideal condition. Can anyone confirm or dispute it? Any input will be appreciated.
  5. R

M50 and 15-45 mm in the rain

I was in a well known scenic area for 3 rainy days. Due to the rain and even occasional snow, I dare not to change lenses. So I am stuck with the 15-45 lens with the lens hood on. The only protection is to tuck the camera under my poncho and wipe off the water from both the lens and camera...
  6. R

IS mess up the edge sharpness of EF-M 11-22 on M50

I just notice that the edge sharpness of my 11-22mm on my M50 is not good. After investigation, I found out that is caused by the IS function of the lens. I tried the lens on my M2. It has the same problem. Due to the lower resolution of the M2, the problem is not that obvious. Has anyone seen...
  7. R

M50, Exposure meter does not seem to tie into the focal point.

I just found out that exposure measurement does not tie to the focal point. In the same scenery, I can set the focal point to bright, or dark area, the exposure still come up the same. The dark is still dark , the bright is still bright, under both cases. That is true for P, Tv and Av. Is there...
  8. R

Travel with 28-135 EF and M50

I know this is "odd". I did it just for the fun of it. I am not a big fan of telephoto lenses. Pro: focus almost as fast as other EF-M. resolution is about (or just s touch below)the 18-55 EF-M. The M50 will choose the minimum speed based on focal length. Con: Heavy. Contrast is below the...
  9. R

EOS M50 Help Manual

I was looking at the official EOS M50 Manual on the USA Canon website. It seems pretty useless . I found a EOS M50 Help Manual in the Hong Kong Canon website. http://support-hk.canon-asia.com/contents/HK/EN/0302980801.html It is a lot more useful. If anybody has found a better manual for EOS...
  10. R

Survivability of Ms and the lenses upon dropping.

So far I have drop ALL my Ms and the lenses under the following conditions. They have all survived. Anyone wants to share their experience? 22mm with M in Dashpoint 30 from 4 feet on cement 18-45mm with M on wooden floor from 3 ft, broke the lens hood 11-22mm on M2 drop to cement from 1...
  11. R

Hop-On Hop off Bus, M and Adapter

I was on the Hop-on Hop-off bus in Europe for a few dates. This is an eye-opener. The Slow AF of the M makes it become useless. A good MF lens will be a good solution assuming the adapter is in "perfect" registration for the extension. After getting home I try my old Summicron 2/35 (56 mm in 35...
  12. R

Lens Caps and Lens Caps for EF-M lenses

All my lens caps for my EF-M lenses (18-55mm, 11-22mm and 22mm) have a tendency to fall off from the lens or from my hand easily. I cannot even recall how many times that I have to pick them up from the ground. My new way to combat the problem is to use lens hood on all three lenses and not even...
  13. R

EOS-M in Turkey

Most of the members are using EOS-M as a back up or for light duty usage. I was using the EOS-M as my ONLY camera on a 12 day land tour in Turkey. I would like to share my experience with you. Equipment: EOS-M, 22/2.0, 18-55mm Zoom, 90/4.0 Elmer, 35/2.0 Summicron, 8X32 binocular, SD 800 IS (as...
  14. R

Rokinon 12/2.0 or 11-22mm zoom?

I am doing a "field test" in Turkey. I have the both the 22/2.0 and the 18-55mm zoom, along with 90/4.0 Elma and 35/2.0 Summicron. I found out that the 18mm end of the 18-55 zoom seems to be quite a bit narrower than the 17mm end of my 17-40mm with my old 40D. Now I realize that I need...
  15. R

EOS M with Magic Lantern, shutter cannot release

I have been using ML since July 25 this year on my EOS-M with 8G SD card. No problem untill today. The problem: after the camera has been turn on, the EOS-M will AF but will not release the shutter. The only way to make it work is to release the lens and reinstall the lens (both with the camera...
  16. R

EOS-M and Magic Lantern

Has anybody used the Magic Lantern on EOS-M?? What is your experience of Magic Lentern on M??Thanks.
  17. R

A quick and un-orthodox user impression (review) on the EOS M

I finally got my M upon good advices from the members of this forum. Thanks. There are many excellent review on the M. Therefore I am trying not to repeat what has been done. 1. AF speed: This is the weak point for a few people. Coming from 40D and 20D. It is good enough for me even with the...
  18. R

Another EOS M grip

Has any body ever use this? It is only 7mm thick. http://www.amazon.com/Flipbac-FBG4-Camera-Digital-Cameras/dp/B006TOHWN4/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1403999375&sr=8-7&keywords=eos+m+grip