Search results

1. B

Last chance for Canon Rumors PRO lifetime memberships

I've learned far more from the site than the lifetime membership tariff, so I joined up. Keep up the fine work!:cool:
  2. B

Industry News: Nikon announces the entry-level full-frame Nikon Z 5, a new lens and teleconverters

With the fall of Mt Olympus in recent memory, my guess is that "Nikon is doomed", eh?:cool:
  3. B

best camera for a toddler

Not exactly a toddler, but my grandson with a little liking for art, inherited my last body camera from when I worked. Twas a pounded, but working S90. This year, he is getting a gently used M6, as I upgraded to an M6 MkII to participate in the mirrorless revolution(Act II). The S90 will be...
  4. B

We think it’s almost a sure thing Canon will announce a pro EOS R body in 2020

Lobsters used to be fed to prisoners for multiple meals a day in colonial New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Maine(part of Massachusetts then) because they were so plentiful and relatively easy to harvest. Dunno about butter tho.
  5. B

The Canon EOS M50 leads mirrorless camera sales in Japan for March 2019

Actuarilly, my children, & grandchildren will use my 1DX, 5IV, and M6, plus a boatload of L lens as ballast to bury my ashes in the Hudson. In the meantime, Canon is Saturday Night live for me as my skills try to improve, eh?
  6. B

Canon officially announces the EOS Rebel SL3

During fishing season in Upstate NY, asking for 2.54cm worms at a Bait Shoppe gets you a very stern look, eh?
  7. B

Canon EOS RP body price confirmed at $1299 USD, and we’re very happy about it

As a fence sitter on the R series, I like the pricing at intro. My grandson may be inheriting an M6 sooner than I would have anticipated. The M6 served me well as a "toe in the water" for mirrorless. Unfortunately, Canon did not factor in the size of my hands, and my need to wear transition...
  8. B

Apology to all forum members.

He/She who is easily offended shall cast the 1st stone(1s), and might be better off as a pedestrian on the Information SuperHighway(ISH). I learn, at least something, everyday from this forum.
  9. B

Lightroom Classic 2017 versus Lightroom CC - Nice Comparison

Can an agin Canine-American learn new feats of illusion and dexterity? The answer is "Yes!", assuming you guys keep posting links like this. Thanks.
  10. B

Canon Has 93 Reasons You Shouldn't Settle for Smartphone Photos

iPhone 8 is an improvement & can be fired from my Apple Watch which helps hand held/marginally steadied. M6 and 5D IV can both connect to, and be triggered by the iPhone 8 when mounted, steadied, or hand held. For the internet, everything seems to be a go, but if you want to snap something...
  11. B

What are your best shots of 2017?

Damn, you lads are good! Well played.
  12. B

Canon Rumors Turns 10 Years Old

Re: Happy Birthday, Canon Rumors Turns 10 Years Old Today Well played laddie! Thank you & your team for the effort.
  13. B

Fantastic Deals this Year: Thoughts, Opinions, Confessions

Took a decent Turkey Day deal on a M6w/long lens, and got a deeply discounted EF-EOS M Adapter as my added bonus just in case. So far, M6 seems like it will make a great light travel camera, as I age and get more lazy. 8)
  14. B

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays from Canon Rumors

A very Merry 1D Xmas M2 to all! :)
  15. B

Which software for video editing?

Adobe Premiere Elements is OK for quick small projects Reasonably easy to learn, & a decent support forum for typical questions, plus the price doesn't break the bank. I'm a MAC person, but my expectations for the Windows version would be the same. HD speed & capacity, and memory size are...
  16. B

Canon 85mm f1.4L IS USM First Impressions and images...

Very nice body of work. I'm convinced!
  17. B

Is There a Definitive 85 to Get?

With my marginal talent, and aging hands, I like the sound of the 1.4 IS. Hopefully, it is also "easy to dance to".
  18. B

We May Be Waiting a Little While Longer for a New 50mm Lens [CR2]

Waiting for 50mmLensdot Or, was that 50mmLensdough? Will someone get Vladimir on the line post haste, eh?
  19. B

How happy are you with your 5D Mark IV?

Very trustworthy all around performer from the beach to fireworks. Touch screen is very handy for certain shots. I can carry it all day. unlike the brick which is now restricted to half days due to my agin carcass. :)