Search results

1. P

High-resolution EOS R Camera, Where are you?

are the lenses capable of resolving light into the proper pixels with such densities? i recall Canon having to provide a list of lenses that would perform well with their 50MP sensor. The list of compatible lenses for a 100MP would likely be very short. I've found the 20-24 M range my personal...
  2. P

The Canon EOS R3 will eliminate “Lag” and “Blackout” for stills shooters

With any digital processing you will have lag. Fact of life. Even the simplest of digital systems will have lag. Let's get the terminology right. It is impossible to eliminate lag for a mirrorless camera. Impossible. You can achieve very tiny amount of lag by clocking your CPU to work small...
  3. P

[POLL] Would you be interested in a 5D Mark V?

I could be dead by then. I'm fine with keeping what I have, too. btw, I'm libertarian, not conservative.
  4. P

[POLL] Would you be interested in a 5D Mark V?

voted "yes" - interested, but it would a decision based on the specs. I do not need the latest shiny new toy unless it serves a valued purpose to improving what I have.
  5. P

A Canon Speedlite EL-10 is coming in 2021 [CR2]

I have several 580/600 speedlights, but once I purchased a Profoto A1, my Canon speedlites are destined to find a box next to my Vivitar 283 flashes. While Godox are affordable, I still believe the Profoto brand is better quality and more consistent color temperatures. My decision made more...
  6. P

Canon USA website is back up!!!

I was totally unable to login using Firefox. Ended up using Brave. Cleared cache, and basically deleted everything associated with Canon from teh Firefox privacy pages, and no joy. Decided to use another browser. Whatever Canon/Firefox did, it was not good. Mac OS X
  7. P

Canon USA website is back up!!!

not quite. I cannot access my CPS pages. Is Canon expecting us all to reenter all of our equipment list from scratch? Is there some hidden portal to the old site?
  8. P

There will not be an EOS 5D Mark V [CR2]

My 5D Mk III is not going anywhere, anytime soon. I still have two 5D Mk II as backups - one with 300K shutter activations. I didn't jump to the 5D Mk IV, as it just wasn't the big step I wanted. I started getting interested in the 1D X Mk II. Real interested. Then the 1D X Mk III arrived, but...
  9. P

Sooooo, f/11 you say? What’s Canon up to with these upcoming supertelephoto lenses?

Sunny-16 rule: Bright sunlight means shutter speed equals the inverse of the ISO setting for f/16 for f/11 you gain a stop in shutter speed. For ISO-100, the shutter speed is now 1/200 sec. For ISO-400, the shutter speed becomes 1/800 sec. Most newer sensors are excellent at ISO-400. This...
  10. P

Adorama wants your used Canon EOS-1D X Mark II and Canon EOS 5D Mark IV

no need to ship. I'll pick it up.
  11. P

I want to pay 1¢; however, what I willing to pay is higher. It always depends on condition and number of shutter activations. The problem with buyer from a stranger outside of Ebay or such is the fear factor. will the other person deliver what was promised, and if not, how to settle the...
  12. P

Come on folks, sell your 1DX Mk II. I've been waiting for the price to drop to get mine. Flood the market now! tia
  13. P

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Summary

WOOHOO! Now, my hunt is on for someone trying to sell their low mileage 1DX Mk II for a great low price.
  14. P

What surprises does Canon still have in store for the EOS-1D X Mark III?

yeah, seems I typed CFast out of ignorance. Another said dual CFExpress slots. Just as bad for me, and worst for you. I would love to be able to customize the card slots. I understand the desire to be able to write really fast for the video and high burst modes. I can accept whatever slower...
  15. P

What surprises does Canon still have in store for the EOS-1D X Mark III?

The dual CFast slots is a deal breaker for me. I'd prefer one CFast and one CF. I'll probably grab a Mk II deal when the Mk III hits the market.
  16. P

Is there still hope that we see in-body stabilization in the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III?

I really do hope the 1D X Mk III has everything y'all ever wish. Just means the price on the Mk II will drop to be affordable for me to upgrade.
  17. P

Canon officially announces the IVY REC clippable outdoor camera

Still haven't seen how long the battery will operate in record
  18. P

Adorama launches their rebrand with new logo and web site

Why? Someone got paid a lot of money for doing so little. Their old logo, shutter aperture, was instantly recognizable. The trend of making the name the logo is lazy, uncreative, and dull.
  19. P

The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III is coming in 2020

And I will pass on any camera with a sensor >30MP. I used to crop on a Canon EOS 10D 6MP. No issue even for 16x20" prints. I found the 20-24MP my sweet spot. For me, larger files just eat up more space and time. If you need to "crop on the small guys" stick with the 7D Mk II or whatever the...
  20. P

Canon issues a security advisory for PTP equipped EOS DSLRs, EOS mirrorless and PowerShot cameras

yeah, good luck with that. Toss the card. Do not take any chances. As far as your camera goes, I'd think anyone going to the trouble of hijacking your camera's operating system probably has disable all the menus, except theirs demanding the ransom and the ability to enter a code to free your...