Search results

1. A

Canon Rumors Turns 10 Years Old

Re: Happy Birthday, Canon Rumors Turns 10 Years Old Today Congratulations, Graig! THANK you, Graig! And of course thanks to all contributors of all kind of resources, including the Anonymous resources. I think, that more than 8 years, CR is part of my daily photography 'breakfast'. Your site...
  2. A

Photographer Petitions Canon for Left Handed Camera

Grip, Grip, Grip!!! In this case a horizontal one. I'm sure that a significant number Canon users are left handed. My youngest son (6) is left handed too and I see frequently how he's struggling with the right hand-stuffs. I don't this that Canon should under estimate the annoyances. Sometimes...
  3. A

POLL: Do you need 1/8000s shutter speed?

More than 95% I stay below the 1/2000s. But sometime it's nice to have it for a bit fun. I tried to 'freeze' the rotating blade of a jet engine at cruise speed, but I think the 1/8000s (7D) was not enough here :(.
  4. A

5D3 Auto ISO

I have used this feature regularly with my 5D3. It works fine, when there's enough light. I used this feature mostly when shooting action events (high shutter speed). If light condition is critical, you better measure the light to adjust the shutterspeed and aperture, so that the camera doesn't...
  5. A

Adobe LR5 Released, how are you upgrading/buying?

I have just tried to purchased the LR5 straight from the Adobe.com site, but I was pushed to purchase it from their Dutch site in Euro for about 30% higher price than the US. So far all my photography apps I have purchased straight from the US or Canada and all in English version. During the...
  6. A

24-70L II is fantastic

Dear Rienzphotoz, What makes you miss the Canon Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L II soo... much over the Tamron. I have recently done a wedding with the Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L (no II yet), it did a great job in standard situations, so the Tamron would have done it too - but at some photos I stood still and...
  7. A

Once you go "L" you'll never go back....

You had bad luck with the amateur in this. But it doesn't mean that is has to bad always. There are good amateurs and bad amateurs. There are good pro and certainly also bad pro's. If you have a pro gear, is doesn't automatically mean that the photos will be excellent. As news editor I am...
  8. A

Lens recommendation to replace 18-135mm IS

I have got 18-135mm as a kit lens with 7D. Before this I had the 40D together with 17-85mm and later on I purchase the 17-55 f2.8 IS. My findings after a year: about 80% I use the 18-135mm. In critical situations without enough natural light I sometime use the 17-55 f2.8 with the speedlight...
  9. A

Nikon's D4 Officially Official

Re: Nikon's D4 Outed Officially It's seems like Nikon is going to claim its position back, what it had at the time of the legendary analog Nikon F4 Body. Good to keep Canon awake !