Search results

1. Y

The next full-frame RF mount camera will be a replacement for the Canon EOS R

It’s totally fine for me if Canon decided to reuse the 5DIV 30mp sensor. Price below R6 is welcome. I was thinking to purchase an R after the announcement of R5 & R6, because of the price is so attractive,but I go with the Rp which is a gift for my wife. I don’t shoot video, even if I shoot...
  2. Y

Patent: Very small large aperture zoom lens optical formulas

There’s always a trade off when bringing camera for vacation, weather sealed and large aperture lens I si going to be heavy and huge, really hope canon can come out something light with large aperture and weather sealed lens.
  3. Y

Canon has discontinued the Canon EOS M6 Mark II

Thanks for showing the actual comparison. I can only tell based on what I can remember. So the Rp is the answer for M5ii. If Canon rollout a series of pancake lenses would be awesome!
  4. Y

I am just like many others who “watching” M6II since its announced but hardly make purchase decision due to uncertainty future of the Canon M series. Really tempting for M series smaller lenses, if Canon gonna build a small R body (smaller than RP) with few small zoom and prime pancake lens, I...
  5. Y

I had the same thinking and I went to Fuji X-T3, but I can’t deal with the Fuji color, ended up sold it.
  6. Y

There are currently 3 EOS R system cameras coming in the second half of 2022 [CR2]

I really wish Canon could continue the EOS M series or camera and coming out a weather sealed M6 mark iii in future. The mirrorless camera was invented to have smaller body and smaller lens, RF mount lens isn’t that small, even there will be a APSC body that slightly smaller than RP, it is still...
  7. Y

The Canon EOS R3 will be 24mp, confirmed by EXIF data

Because of Sony came out with 50mp “Sport” camera so all manufacturers should come out the same or similar MP count “Sport” camera, then all “Sport” (or poor) photographers can just shooting with 70-200mm all day and cropped heavily? If that is the case, why every manufacturer still busy to...
  8. Y

Canon Announces That The Powerful Professional Full-Frame EOS R3 Mirrorless Camera Is On Its Way

The 1DX has disappointed some 1Ds user (not me), but it make sense to have a pro body for studio stuff, and hope Canon is listening. People who never used 1D series camera will never understand that.
  9. Y

Canon Announces That The Powerful Professional Full-Frame EOS R3 Mirrorless Camera Is On Its Way

The better camera is usually the next iteration. The best camera is always the one in your hand.
  10. Y

Is it because the rise of the Sony A1, so suddenly sports photographer asking for high MP camera? So everybody could just carry a single 70-200mm zoom to shoot FIFA? Hope the Canon went back with 1D & 1Ds strategy with R1 & R3, one for sports and one for studio. Cheers ~
  11. Y

Go ad-free and more by becoming a Canon Rumors PRO.

Hi, is the yearly free gift only applicable for US member?
  12. Y

There will not be an EOS 5D Mark V [CR2]

Agreed with you. There are some benefits by adapting EF lens to RF Mount by using the drop in filter adapter. My L Lens is now left 16-35mm f/4 & 70-200mm f/2.8, and the RF offering is impressive due to the small size and lighter weight for 70-200mm. I don't see myself will using filter so...
  13. Y

There will not be an EOS 5D Mark V [CR2]

It’s finally time to sell all my EF lens...
  14. Y

Industry News: Sony Alpha a7S III coming July 28, 2020

when canon announced 20MP camera on 2020, to Sony fan, it’s outdated hardware. when Sony announces 12MP camera on 2020, Sony fans will tell you this is best video camera and King of the low light for stills. sick....
  15. Y

Industry News: Sony Alpha a7S III coming July 28, 2020

Agreed. Those who no intention to buy will always complain more than those “real” purchaser.
  16. Y

After the excitement of R5 & R6, is 5DV coming?

Hi all, As title, please share your thoughts.
  17. Y

Canon releases an official statement about the EOS R5 and EOS R6 heat concerns

If you like Sony, continue with Sony. every company having different way to things that they think it’s important to them. show respect to each others, and go with what you like. of course your comments will be appreciated. nothing is perfect in the world, perh we all have to learn to live...
  18. Y

Feature updates coming via firmware for both the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

well said. to me, if those people like Son, Fujifilm or whatver , then go shoot Sony, Fujifilm or whatever. overheating prevention is pretty normal for IT stuff nowadays. intel & amd may also have overheating issue if the installer do not handle well for the air flow and cooling system. R5...
  19. Y

Feature updates coming via firmware for both the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

it’s interesting to see how many people really spending (burning) $700 for a 512GB CFExpress Card for 20 minutes continuous 8k raw video. also interesting to know those people who “really” concerned about the overheating issue is having computer that capable to edit 8k raw video. good luck...