Search results

1. D

Flash out of sync - how can it be fixed?

All done except for the manual thing. Men don't read manuals. :) Just kidding.. or... If it can be found online I can check, but I'm quite sure the flash is broken.
  2. D

Alright. Tried everything that was suggested. Even gave the flash to another person and he tried it on his body. No luck. In manual mode the flash works at the correct time. Weird. Thanks for that advice! At least there now is a work around. Not too easy, but better than nothing. Another weird...
  3. D

Tried with two bodies. All settings checked from the bodies. Nothing special should be there. Also tried with another set of batteries for the flash. Flashes nicely by pressing the button and when taking photos, but it seems that there is no flash while the actual photo is taken. Maybe it just...
  4. D

Took just one flash with me (430EX II) for my xmas trip and it flashes nicely. Photos, however, end up under exposed, because the flash flashes out of sync. It actually does not flash at all while the shutter does its thing, but maybe before that. I tried the flash with 2 bodies (5D3 & 6D) and...
  5. D

What will be the mirrorless full-frame mount?

FF should obviously work with the best lenses. Therefore I think that EF mount is a no-brainer. If it's anything else with or without adaptors, it sounds like a very stupid idea. Then again, it's Canon.
  6. D

EOS 5D Mark IV - the crippled generalist

I don't know why discussions always go to this retarded direction. Seriously? If there is something someone doesn't like in a camera, the manufacturer's strategy related guessing game changes nothing. Neither do sales. Canon may beat Nikon in sales. Nikon can still have better sensors. Should...
  7. D

Have most now forsaken the 5dMk3 and jumped on to the Mk4?

Still using my Mark III. Really waited for the Mark IV to get some of the minor Mark III issues fixed, but the 4200€ price tag now has me considering switching to Nikon. Too bad there's no Nikon 85 mm f/1.2. :(
  8. D

5DIV price confirmed

That's beyond ridiculous. I want the body, but definitely not that much. That is over 1000€ more than what my 5D3 cost when I bought it pretty much straight after its release in Finland.
  9. D

5D4 body price - €3,799

Well. The decision is easy then. 5D3 will have to serve me some additional years.
  10. D

*UPDATED* Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications & Image

Re: *UPDATED* Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications & Image Don't see anything really interesting in those specs. The things that matter to me have not been answered: 1) dynamic range? 2) is the AF better than what Mark III has? (Less of oof shots with fast apertures?) 3) exposure compensation...
  11. D

The Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Specifications?

Anti climax. :-\
  12. D

Reuters ban RAW ?

This makes no sense. In camera jps is processed from RAW isn't it? How can a processed RAW be banned?
  13. D

Why buy/own an EOS-1D X ?

:) Most likely true. I got a good deal though, 24LII + 85LII for the price of one of those. Hit a nerve there I assume. :) In the end, I don't mind looking like a dork. I just don't try to force that look. The people I mainly see with 1DX bodies are Japanese tourists who also walk around with...
  14. D

Why buy/own an EOS-1D X ?

If I wanted to look like a dork, 1DX would the easiest (maybe not the cheapest) way achieve that status. I get it if the person using it is a pro, but if some random person is taking pictures of his/her kids playing outdoors, the 1DX is just ridiculously embarrassing. Why buy it? You really...
  15. D

Best lens for a vacation -- can only choose one

Interesting that people would take an f/4 zoom. I can't see the lens as versatile or anything like that. Especailly in the 24 mm end, the f/4 is really difficult to use due to too much DOF. In fact, I would most likely not use the 24 mm end of such a zoom. I have the 24-105L and the 24 mm shots...
  16. D

What Do You Want To See in the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV?

1) Exposure compensation in M mode. The lack of that particular feature makes me at times want to smash my 5D3. 2) Dynamic range. That's pretty much my wish list. Or maybe it is the "must list". These things have to be there if they want my money. Then there are of course other things that...
  17. D

A New 85L is on the Way [CR2]

I have 2 copies. After setting the AFMA to work with portrait distances, they won't nail the focus on distant subjects.
  18. D

So you have a copy that doesn't produce those annoying (and commonly known as issues of the lens) red and green edges around subjects that are out of focus? It is indeed a great portrait lens, but one must also know its limitations. This is why I said that it is not a lens that should be used...
  19. D

I mainly use it wide open. Maybe I get the impression of it not being sharp from that. Either, like said, it's likely still my favorite lens. Sharp enough especially after some PP sharpening. Definitely not my sharpest lens, but it still produces the best shots.
  20. D

A new 85L sounds interesting. The 85L II is maybe my favorite lens, but the CA and LoCa (or what ever) are extremely annoying. The 85L II also isn't that sharp. It feels like the 5D3 has too many megapixels for that lens. I don't really agree. Besides, if the 85L II is set up to focus well...