Search results

1. Khristo

The Canon EOS R3 is out in the wild

I just keep telling myself that my 5D3 and my 10 EF L lenses are every bit as good as the day I bought them...
  2. Khristo

Adobe Reports Record Q2 Revenue

Here in Australia I received just yesterday my Photography Plan renewal. Based on what I'd heard recently I expected another round of increase, followed by me cancelling, followed by receiving a reduced offer which I'd accept. However the rate seems to have decreased from AUD14.29/mth to...
  3. Khristo

Is the term ISO “totally fake”?

So I played with this a bit yesterday. Set up my 5D3 with a highly contrasty scene - inside looking from darker room areas out to bright blue sky and fluffy white clouds. Set a middling manual exposure of aperture and shutter (can't remember exactly what, but say f8 and 60th), then took seven...
  4. Khristo

1Ds mkiii Burst rate

The plot thickens. I was out in the garden with it yesterday, it had 10 burst shots showing in the viewfinder, but on pressing the shutter release only 4 fired before slowing down to the card transfer rate. I then watched in the viewfinder as the burst rate indicator slowly ticked back up from...
  5. Khristo

1Ds mkiii Burst rate

Thanks to both of you. I'm fairly certain I did everything I said I did correctly, but I guess I have to concede the possibility of "operator error" :) By the way Graham, you mention setting max frames to 2 a couple of times. I was wondering why you do that. I sometimes shoot a few burst...
  6. Khristo

1Ds mkiii Burst rate

Well that's weird! I reset the custom functions twice before to no effect. I then tried setting the max shots to 25. This registered, but I still only got 2 as before. I then reset the custom functions a third time, and that reset the max shots to 99 and also set the function to...
  7. Khristo

1Ds mkiii Burst rate

Thanks Grant. I had tried resetting all functions, and I have tried CF card only (and a couple of different cards). The display flashes "BUSY" after the two shots for a couple of seconds until it fires off another 2 shots, just like when the buffer fills on other cameras (but after way more...
  8. Khristo

1Ds mkiii Burst rate

Quick one. Not having played with any one series bodies, I bought a used 1Ds3 just for the hell of it. The burst frames indicator in the viewfinder shows only "2" regardless of image size (RAW, JPEG of any size). Sure enough 2 shots fire before it slows down to a shot each 2 or 3 seconds. I...
  9. Khristo

Lee Filters and Filter Holder Protection

I have one of these and think it's a great bag. I use it for carrying a lighter load of DSLR + a few lenses. If you are wanting something to provide solid protection for glass filters it may not be appropriate as while it's well padded, it is a fairly soft bag - i.e. no frame or rigid sides.
  10. Khristo

Waterfowl from Chile

Wow - excellent!
  11. Khristo

Too Many Lenses

I think I have the 24mm focal length covered off: 24 f1.4 24 TSE 11-24 24-70 f2.8 II 24-105 f4 16-35 f2.8 II Might need to work a bit on some of the longer lengths...
  12. Khristo

Perseid meteor shower

Great work Wade! Stunning!!
  13. Khristo

Some recent spider portraits

Very good work! Number 6 looks like the eyes have pupils. Is that a reflection of your lens?
  14. Khristo

DragonFly Series

Always loved the composition of this one - the way the reed he's sitting on curls away out of focus and that he looks as if he's watching the light coloured out of focus blob in the top right...
  15. Khristo

6dmk2 with 5dmk4 sensor; should we pay more for it?

They kinda seem to be surviving...
  16. Khristo

Post Process Formal Group

Thanks everyone. On the exposure I'm sure you're right. I remember checking the histogram at the time - all the dark areas tend to skew the graph. Should have used spot metering. Odd I was worried it was too saturated - I like the added warmth to the skin tones. Thanks for your advice and...
  17. Khristo

Thanks Brian!
  18. Khristo

Hi All, I did some pre-event shots for a School formal a couple of days ago. I think they came out pretty well. Obviously the point is to capture the kids in all their finery rather than to do anything artistic. I was shooting with a 5D3 and a a softbox on each side for even light. The...
  19. Khristo

Adobe CC 25% price hike in Australia. Who is next?

I'll volunteer to pay $30 per month if we don't have to have that embarrassment Abbott back!! :-\ (apologies to international members for local squabble... ;))
  20. Khristo

Adobe Raising Prices on Creative Cloud Subscriptions in UK & Sweden

Same thing happened to me here in Oz last year. As "outraged" as I was, looking at the rates (Aussie $ was at parity with the USD a couple of years ago and since has been more like 75c) there's a good argument if not a complete justification. I'm no Adobe supporter (at least not of their...