Search results

1. Z

Vote for National Geographic

;D I've been lucky enough to have one of my shots selected for National Geographic's Daily Dozen (Tue Oct 14). http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/daily-dozen/ It was taken with a 7D and 24/70 f/2.8 at ISO 1600 If anyone is a fan of the Nat Geo 'Your Shot' and likes my photo, I'd really...
  2. Z

Canon Surveys for 5D Mark III

So I got my feedback request e-mail for the 5D Mk. III from Canon today. Thought a couple of questions were interesting. Firstly: Second interesting question: I guess it's Canon sussing out the perception of the competition, but it might give some idea as to the future of the 5D. Make of it...
  3. Z

Could a 35mm f/1.2 L be in testing? (pic)

This is just a bit of fun, because this is certainly a typo but it's fun to speculate. I was browsing Jeff Ascough's Canon profile and came across this shot. EF35mm f/1.2L huh? :o
  4. Z

Suggestions for making my gear uglier

Bit of a strange topic, I know. I'm planning on a bit of travelling this summer. My gear is all insured so this isn't life or death, but I'd like to make my shiny red ring lenses a little less attractive. So I thought 'hey, why not [carefully] cover them in gaffer tape?' ... Opinions? The main...
  5. Z

How does Mk. III handle 2 micro AF adjustments?

So... enough time has passed for a lot of users to have calibrated their 5D Mark IIIs. I'm left wondering, out of curiosity's sake, how the new AFMA works. Let me expand on that... With the new AF system in the 5D3/1DX, users can now provide 2 AFMA values; one for the long and one for the wide...
  6. Z

Advice for first graphics tablet

I've been putting off the purchase of a graphics tablet for some time, for a couple of reasons (they're quite expensive, mixed reviews for anything but the really expensive ones, fear of the unknown etc.) but have decided I must stop editing with a mouse because I feel like it's taking me far...
  7. Z

No RC-6 love for 1 series bodies?

Does anyone have any ideas why compatibility with the infrared RC-6 remote was omitted from previous 1 series bodies? Is the RC-6 seen as an "unprofessional" solution? Line of sight can be a pain, but this little wireless tool is so handy when you don't have time to set up a cable release. Who...
  8. Z

New speedlites - Am I the only one...

With the upcoming [CR3] announcements... am I the only one who's equally excited by the idea of a new speedlite with radio signalling built in?? The creative possibilities without spending literally thousands of dollars on expensive ETTL third party triggers - I'm nearly salivating. Perhaps I'm...
  9. Z

Ziv Koren on shooting with the EOS-1D X

Made aware of this story by http://www.the-digital-picture.com Link Ziv Koren's experiences with the 1D X: http://cpn.canon-europe.com/content/education/technical/ziv_koren_eos_1dx.do Bear in mind this is an "interview" with Canon Professional Network, so just treat it as an advertisement...
  10. Z

Refurbished 24-70 via Canon UK @ eBay

In the wake of the 24-70 II announcement, at least a few of us are thinking of buying the original 24-70mm. I just thought I'd give a heads-up to those of you in the UK that there is a newly listed Canon refurbished lens on eBay for £900 Link here...
  11. Z

Canon 16-35 L version I vs II

I'll be moving to full frame within a few months and I'll be looking at adding an UWA lens to my kit. What I can't seem to figure out is the benefit of version II of this lens versus the old 16-35 f/2.8. Resolution chart comparisons seem to suggest that they each perform better at different...
  12. Z

How many 1D X pre-orders will be fulfilled on release?

Retailers are continuing to take pre-orders and presumably will do so until the release date. Based on past experience, what proportion of these will be delivered on release? After that I'm guessing it's first-come-first-serve, but for how long is demand likely to be greater than supply? Just...