Search results

1. Viggo

Color Checker profiles and Flash gels.

Hey! Does anyone have an explanation on why I can’t make Color Checker profiles when I use gels on my on camera flash? I have no issues with any lens or body and all other profiles comes out perfect, including flash without gels. I shoot a gray card to get the correct wb with gels (full+half...
  2. Viggo

Black and white sliders issue with Lightroom and new Masking

Hi! I’ve been in contact with Adobe today regarding an issue I have in the new masking panel. They couldn’t figure it out so I’m asking here; When I press command/option and moving the blacks and whites slider in the Basic panel the pictures goes black for the whites slider and show what is...
  3. Viggo

Issues with the R5 1.5.0 firmware?

Hi all! Some people are reporting the 1.5.0 firmware missing from many Canon sites. Also reports of weird iso values when using Av and auto iso and some says face tracking is worse. Might be issues in Fv also. I haven’t seen issues with mine, but very limited testing so far.
  4. Viggo

Added ads and more added adds, what gives?

Hi all! Recently it was added loads of new ways to display ads here on CR. I’m not a Pro member and have long ago accepted ads on the site, I get why they’re there. I’m fine with ads between posts in the forum, I can live with the full page ad when going from one thread to another. I really...
  5. Viggo

R5 files purple/magenta wrong...

Hi everyone! I’ve got a Mac mini M1 and a LG Ultrafine 5K to edit my R5 files shot with either RF50L or RF85L. I use a few different WB tool like grey card, when I’m out shooting. I bought a new Spyder X Pro calibration device and I’ve used a ColorChecker passport for as long as I can remember...
  6. Viggo

Spyder X Pro help needed (Calibration)

Hi all! I recently got myself a new computer setup; Mac Mini M1 LG 27md5kl-b I was going to calibrate my LG when I discovered that X-rite basically had no support for the ColorMunki Display that I had used for a decade with no issues. I bought myself a Spyder X Pro and it arrived yesterday. I...
  7. Viggo

Monitor for Mac Mini M1

Hi! I’m looking for a monitor with great color accuracy 4K and 24-27 inches. I’ve already ordered an LG Ultrafine 24md4kl-b, but because of the pandemic it’s maybe available in mid March. what other options are there with thunderbolt 3 , 4K , color accurate 24-27 inches? I’ve only ever used...
  8. Viggo

Mac Mini M1

Hi guys! Did anyone else but me jump on the Mac Mini M1 for editing? Care to share your experience with ANY M1 Mac? Preferably in Lr and Photoshop, and what are you comparing it to? mine is three weeks away. I think I’m going for the LG Ultrafine 4K 24” as it seems like the most Mac...
  9. Viggo

R5 wifi and iPhone

Hi! Does anyone actually get the R5 connected to and having the WiFi work ? Think I’ve counted 12-14 different error messages on my R5 and iPhone now and I’m seriously about to throw them both out where I can’t see them ever again. third time now I’ve spent a full battery to flat trying to...
  10. Viggo

Pro forum vs regular

Hi! Is everybody over at the Pro forum? I feel like it’s extremely slow over here at the regular forum nowadays.
  11. Viggo

R5 AF and needed shutter speeds

Hi everyone! I’ve used my R5 plus RF85 and RF50 a few times now and wondered if someone shares my experience . I find shooting ducks that 1/2000s is not nearly enough and the shots have visible motion blur. I haven’t seen this even at 30mp and didn’t think 45 would absolutely need at least...
  12. Viggo

R6 AF vs R5 , and other comparisons

Hi guys! I’m sitting here very excited about the new R5 and R6 and had my mind set on an R5 until I saw the price where I live. what I wanted in an upgrade over the R is; much improved and snappier AF Better weather sealing IBIS Faster fps. and looking at those things I can see the R6 might...
  13. Viggo

EOS R AF Question..

Hi guys! I’ve started enabling the Show AF point in review/play and noticed that for tracking it VERY often show the AF point where initially was and not where I moved it when shooting bursts. I enabled this function because of the crazy poor hit rate with fast subjects. And it seems indeed for...
  14. Viggo

Slow AF, RF50 and RF85 or R to blame?

Hi! I find AF to be waaay to slow for fast action like someone starting to run etc. I have the RF50 and RF85 and they aren’t exactly the fastest AF. My question is, is it mostly the R or would be WAY better with a RF70-200 or RF24-70?
  15. Viggo

TDP Review of the RF 15-35 f2.8 L IS

Bryan posted his review. I still can’t get over the vignetting of Canons uwa’s... https://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-RF-15-35mm-F2.8-L-IS-USM-Lens.aspx
  16. Viggo

Canon to add 24p recording to the Canon EOS 90D, Canon EOS RP & Canon EOS M6 Mark II

Hi! Just wanted to share this; https://www.the-digital-picture.com/News/News-Post.aspx?News=33626
  17. Viggo

Don’t trust your R in the rain :o|

Hi guys! I’m a sad panda now... Was out in a light drizzle today. I had my arm covering the camera most of the time and wiping it off. I know it’s nowhere near the level of weather sealing the 1dx2 has, but it was such a light rain I figured it would be a non issue , it wasn’t ... Drying it...
  18. Viggo

Major AF firmware for R and RP (video)

Why isn’t anyone talking about this yet??
  19. Viggo

Boring firmware for the EOS R available.

Wanted to share the new firmware, but not get any hopes up, that’s why the title. 1.3.0 available here: https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/cameras/digital_slr/eos-r.html?type=firmware
  20. Viggo

TDP posted RF 85 review

Here it is! https://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-RF-85mm-F1.2-L-USM-Lens.aspx