Search results

1. K

Show your Bird Portraits

Thanks Click and Graham for your comments. Here is a Jabiru Stork tossing a fish that's just been caught.
  2. K

Your best animal shots!

This was one of the images of a Giant River Otter I wanted to take, head out of the water looking at me and so close to the boat. Pantanal.
  3. K

Your best animal shots!

Thanks Jack, yes an experience I will never forget.
  4. K

BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

A couple of birds in flight from my recent trip to the Pantanal. Ringed Kingfisher has just taken a fish, this happened so quickly and was pleased to get a usable image. The second is a Black Collared Hawk diving for fish that had just surfaced.
  5. K

Your best animal shots!

Many thanks, the Pantanal is wonderful, great sightings of Jaguar and River Otters as well as loads of birds. Great experience.
  6. K

Your best animal shots!

So fortunate to see Jaguar on my recent trip to the Pantanal.
  7. K

Show your Bird Portraits

Hi all, just back from a trip to the Pantanal and Canastra in Brazil. Here are a few Burrowing Owls taken in Canasta National Park. So pleased to get my first shots of these wonderful birds. 7dmkii with 100-400ii lens.
  8. K

Kingfisher - what a bird

Malachite Kingfisher with grub taken in Kenya.
  9. K

Kingfisher - what a bird

Thanks Candyman. The bird does have gorgeous colours and was very obliging allowing close approach. Lens 300f2.8.
  10. K

Kingfisher - what a bird

Nice images everybody. Blue Breasted Kingfisher taken in the Gambia.
  11. K

Thanks a lot Click
  12. K

Show your Bird Portraits

Alan that is one great shot, love the sharpness.
  13. K

A few more, first is a stork coming into roost as the sun sets and the second a Black Winged Stilt about to land.
  14. K

Just stunning.
  15. K

Show your Bird Portraits

In the garden a young Blue tit.
  16. K

Show your Bird Portraits

Many thanks, did eventually take a few crocs. The kingfisher was so close that my movements had to be done very slowly.
  17. K

Canon EF 300 F2.8 IS USM II for wildlife

Adam There are a number of threads on this very subject. To reiterate the 300ii is a fabulous lens and probably one of Canons sharpest. Use on its own or with both mkiii extenders you have a very versatile lens. Performance with extenders is brilliant, practically no difference with the 1.4...
  18. K

Your best animal shots!

Dik Dik early morning glorious light. Kenya. 300f2.8ii on 5dmkiii.
  19. K

Show your Bird Portraits

Great images everyone high standard as usual. Here is a Malachite Kingfisher taken a little while ago whilst I was photographing crocodiles.
  20. K

Your best animal shots!

Great images Edward. Here is one of those magic moments on safari, mother and calf walking off into the sunset. Canon 5dmkiii and 300f2.8ii lens.