Search results

1. G

Stock Notice: Canon EOS-1D X Mark III at Adorama

And the higher megapixel thing is really not that important for a great many of us...I get great blow up pictures, some as big as 4'x8' and if the original shot is a keeper so will be the enlargement!
  2. G

Anyone else ditching the 1dx3 for now?

So, once again, has anyone who has ordered a 1DX III since the early part of february actually received the camera...It certainly is looking like only the very first group who ordered the camera have actually received one...have any orders been filled since the latter part of February???
  3. G

1DxIII Recent Shipments

crickets???;):)
  4. G

Canon announcements will continue as previously planned

so someone please tell me what good it does to make an announcement when they have zero idea of availability and they can't even deliver the stuff that's been out for 90 days already and announced months and months ago?
  5. G

1DxIII Recent Shipments

All I can really think is that the Covied 19 situation has really clogged up their supply line...these cameras should be delivering weekly, and as far as I can tell no one has received a delivery in at least the last 4-5 weeks.
  6. G

1DxIII Recent Shipments

I keep hearing that there was to be a shipment last week but it is beginning to look like that ain't happening too....I still have to suspect that a lot of people, due to the world wide recession (or depression) will be cancelling their orders.
  7. G

Anyone else ditching the 1dx3 for now?

I suspect that as the delays in delivering pre-ordered MK III's continues, for reasons that we really don't know, more and more people will just ditch the MK III for the upcoming new Mirrorless...also complicated by the fact that there is now a world wide recession and some folks may just decide...
  8. G

1DxIII Recent Shipments

I placed my order about 6 weeks ago and have heard nada...crickets....beginning to wonder if the Coronavirus is having an impact on the shipment of canon products...no one seems to be talking....starting to get a little worried that this camera may be a long time in the coming if you don't...
  9. G

1DxIII Recent Shipments

10. G

1dx3 shipping info?

Beginning to wonder about this myself. With international travel a big question mark, I really want mine for a couple of trips abroad, one being a 14 day safari to Tanzania and Kenya. Although they aren't until late August I am still wondering what the hold up is...or if the Coronavirus has...
  11. G

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III pre-order bonuses and price: it depends on the country

Has anyone who has one on pre-order been notified that their camera has shipped to them yet? Curious is all....
  12. G

Here’s a list of rumoured and predicted cameras coming from Canon in the next year

I purchased my MK II in early February or March and Canon was taking pre-orders, as I seem to recall, late the previous year. Since we have all heard that the MK III is out in beta testing, I am still hoping that the camera will be announced in December and available to consumers BEFORE SUMMER...
  13. G

Here’s a list of rumoured and predicted cameras coming from Canon in the next year

As someone who has owned the IDX mk 1 and Mk II, I am waiting for the MK III...my question is with the Summer Olympics coming next August will the MK III be AVAILABLE prior to the Olympic games??? Seems to me that they need that camera in people's hands prior to seeing all of the pros using it...
  14. G

EOS M5: A damnend good camera!

Re: EOS M5: A damend good camera! I appreciate all of the feedback on the M5. Since I really am looking at something light, and that shoots good video, NOT 4K, I think that this is the way for me to go. If I want to shoot 4K I can use my 1DX MK II, but I find myself saving any 4K video for...
  15. G

Re: EOS M5: A damend good camera! I truly appreciate your comments. I really don't think that I can improve on the capabilities of the 1DX but as we all know it is a damned heavy camera, and when I hook it up to my 200-400 or 600 it is real damned heavy. I am intrigued with the IS that is...
  16. G

Re: EOS M5: A damend good camera! Perhaps someone can help me here. I am looking at mirrorless for the first time ever. I shoot a 1DX MK II and recently purchased a 5DSr. However I am interested in mirrorless. I have friends, Canon shooters who have purchased the Olympus and of course some...
  17. G

IDX MKII Question

I guess I am trying to figure out why I would use it. I don't hear or read anyone talking about using it. Thanks for your response. This is one helluva camera and while I loved my 1DX and my MK IV this camera does seem to be a marked improvement. Since I have only been on one trip since...
  18. G

IDX MKII Question

Can anyone tell me whether or not they use the ITR function on the auto focus of the Mk II...I have heard that it may slow down the fps on the camera if you activate it.....
  19. G

Lucky 1DX II Owners- lenses used and comments please?

My arrives on Tuesday and I plan on heading out with my 200-400 and see how that performs. I have nothing but the highest expectations, given everything that I have read from everyone, except the Nikon folks ;)
  20. G

The first 1DXIIs are out

Don't want to read through 15 pages of comments, some of them dumb...does anyone have an updated date of when the cameras will be shipped to retailers....???? Last I heard was a change from the end of April to May 7th....