Search results

1. sanj

Upcoming 2024 Canon RF lens recap

No one mentions it, but I wish for 70-200 f2
  2. sanj

Upcoming 2024 Canon RF lens recap

Ebay, Amazon
  3. sanj

Canon EOS R1 and EOS R5 Mark II marketing and training has begun with preferred retailers

Why Germany and France?? Are USA or India photographers not worthy???
  4. sanj

Canon’s upcoming announcements recap

:-) I take it that you checked the menus online. R5c is a beast of a camera, a camera that I greatly admire. The menu system is a beast too with a huge learning curve. Besides the complex menu, it also has permutations and combinations - if you select some resolution, some features are...
  5. sanj

Autofocus will work fine for this shoot, and will save me: 1. Focus puller fees for 8 days, 2. One hotel room for 8 days and 3. One round trip airfare. If one learns to work with the FANTASTIC autofocus of this system, it works great. :-) My regular focus puller who works with me on features...
  6. sanj

No sir. You may want to go through the menu online. Please do it as a game. You will get an idea very quickly. Besides, economics dictates that the crew reach the location a few hours before the shoot. Please, trust me when I say that R5c video menus are complicated. And, I would need to go fast...
  7. sanj

if those using Sony cannot use a Canon….i think the problem is their brains. Have you ever shot on R5c?
  8. sanj

Sure. That is why we are all here.
  9. sanj

The rental houses employ people who take equipment with them to the shoot. In the USA you buy insurance. Since the insurance sector is weak here most rental houses send a person or two with the gear. These people are responsible for setting up the equipment, are knowledgeable and in charge of...
  10. sanj

I do not have any statistics. But here is a little real-life story: I have a 7-day bread-and-butter shoot (nothing artistic) for a University after 10 days. All my regular team members are unavailable for one reason or the other. I contacted several big rental houses for recommendations for...
  11. sanj

It will be ok! Happy recovery!
  12. sanj

I would be delighted to get R5c2.
  13. sanj

Canon RF 35mm f/1.4L USM video features

If you do not know something, why make a post? This is a totally meaningless post.
  14. sanj

Canon Patent Application: Ultra-wide RF 14-20mm F2.0

I agree about the filter, but 'bulbous' may be required to make such a wide zoom at wide aperture.
  15. sanj

Canon Patent Application: Ultra-wide RF 14-20mm F2.0

Hmmm. My interior shots need the entire room to be in focus. So I take the easy way out by using a tripod. At times I also use focus bracketing, stitching etc. I recommend these techniques. ISO 100 is my choice when shooting interiors.
  16. sanj

Fixed lens “Retro” camera coming from Canon?

They may launch a camera like the ever-popular Fuji X100 series.
  17. sanj

Canon EOS R5 Firmware v2.0.0 Released

Understood
  18. sanj

Yes, the situations you mention may work better with OVF, but for most situations EVF is superb.
  19. sanj

Confused. How does R5 allow up to 2 TB cards. I am under the impression that the card determines the storage capacity, not the camera. I must not know something that you do.