Search results

1. sanj

Video shot on R5c

Hi. I recently made this music video for the Indian market and shot it entirely on R5c. I think the quality if super for what the camera is. Your thoughts?
  2. sanj

200-800 vs 100-500

https://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/ISO-12233-Sample-Crops.aspx?Lens=1677&Camera=1508&Sample=0&FLI=3&API=1&LensComp=1510&CameraComp=1508&SampleComp=0&FLIComp=4&APIComp=2 The 100-500 is giving slightly cleaner images. But I will get the 800 as in real life it would not matter.
  3. sanj

24-105 2.8

https://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/ISO-12233-Sample-Crops.aspx?Lens=1676&Camera=1508&Sample=0&FLI=0&API=0&LensComp=1222&CameraComp=0&FLIComp=0&APIComp=0 I was hoping that the new lens would have at least the same IQ as the F4 version. Sadly, it does not. At 2.8 the quality drops. :-(
  4. sanj

It started to drizzle...

Canon R8. 24-50mm @24mm f8 1/15s ISO 4000. I think this camera/lens combination is fanstastic as it can stay in my bag all the time.
  5. sanj

Smallest Flash...

Friends. I just bought the R8 with the kit lens for family travel and such. I am, on this camera going to shoot just JPEG. Let's see how that goes. Question: Can you recommend me a tiny flash with a swivel capability to mount on the camera? Thanking you...
  6. sanj

R1 Coming?

Is this correct or is April Fools Joke?
  7. sanj

Singapore Trip

Friends. I am visiting Singapore for a five-day holiday with my daughter. Any tips on places, FOOD, and such? :-)
  8. sanj

Yongnuo/600ExII/R5C combination

Friends. I am trying to use this combination. I have managed to get sync between the trigger and the flash. (Green lights are on). But, when I click on the camera, the flash does not fire. (When I press the flash button on the flash, it fires.) What am I doing wrong? Or is this problem related...
  9. sanj

Africa film ready for client presentation

Friends. Here is the film I made. Some may remember me taking your advice for the trip. Before I present to the client, I request any suggestions that you may have to improve it. Or do you like it just the way it is? THANK YOU. Please, I need your comments...
  10. sanj

Canon R5C

My R5c just came in. Thought I will share.... :-)
  11. sanj

Canon launches an 'Edit Van'

Canon India launched an 'edit van' yesterday in India. It is quite a cool van. And let this be a wake-up call to people who think that India is not important to Canon. Canon guy said this is the first of it's kind and they chose to launch it in India for the volume of work India does. Here are...
  12. sanj

Canon R3 does not show 6k RAW or 4k HQ in the menu!!!

What could I be possibly be doing wrong? I have tried everything my mind could think of
  13. sanj

Upcoming Photo/Video Trip

Friends. I have been hired by a company in Africa to make promotional films and take promotional photos for their lodges. They have asked me to cover four lodges over a period of two weeks. I am very excited and very nervous at the same time. There are so many choices to be made! I am going...
  14. sanj

Shoot Video at 1/500 or even 1/1000 of a second to pull still frames?

Will I get 30 fps on my R5 with this method? I could shoot bursts of 8k video. I must be missing something vital here. Can someone point me to that? Thx.
  15. sanj

He prefers Sony lenses.

It takes all kind!
  16. sanj

R3 Upscale 6k Video

I was watching a Youtube video on R3 (I forgot which one it was), but they mentioned that R3 has an 'upscale' 6k video and said that in a crop factor it is 'pixel to pixel' 6k. Can someone kindly educate me on what this means? Does it mean that the crop 6k video will be better? I will be soon...
  17. sanj

Announced!

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/lenses/ef/vr/rf5-2mm-f2-8-l-dual-fisheye-lens/
  18. sanj

1080 P on SD card R5

I film at 8K on the CF Express Card. I want to set the camera to record 1080 on the SD card so I may playback on my laptop to review the shot. Does the camera provide a setting to be able to do this? Thank you!
  19. sanj

Lenses with wider opening better?

This shows that the 2.8 version of the zoom is better. Is this always the case? Thx. https://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/ISO-12233-Sample-Crops.aspx?Lens=1569&Camera=1508&Sample=0&FLI=0&API=0&LensComp=1414&CameraComp=0&FLIComp=0&APIComp=0
  20. sanj

Difference in base ISO Still/Video

Learned friends. Why does the very same camera have base (best) ISO for Stills at 100 and for video 800? I do not get it, I would appreciate any wisdom on this. Thanks!!!