Search results

1. SPL

Banff National Park Help

Hi everyone! I have asked many of you for advice and locations for several of my photo trips…so a big thanks! I’m now asking for any advice and suggestions for Banff National Park. It will be 5 day trip with our base location in Canmore in June Also…sorry if this has been posted before Thanks...
  2. SPL

Lens Cleaning Techniques/Opinions

Hi everyone….I apologize in advance as I think this has been discussed before. Just wondering what everyone’s opinion is regarding how and what they use to clean their lenses. Any drawbacks/concerns when using various types of lens cloths, Lenspen, ZEISS pre-moistened lens cloths, one’s own...
  3. SPL

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Hello!, I will be traveling to Halifax, Nova Scotia in May. Wondering if anyone has any location ideas to shoot. Any suggestions would be great!, Thanks so much!
  4. SPL

Really Right Stuff B2-FABN: Mini-Clamp

Hey, just wondering if anyone has any opinions/experiences with using the RRS B2-FABN: Mini-Clamp? This looks like a great idea/option as I like to use a neck strap, but not when I’m using a tripod.. Opinions?
  5. SPL

Canon ST-E3-RT help/question

So, I have a Canon 600EX-RT and a Canon ST-E3-RT. I have to say these are great and have had a lot of fun getting into off camera flash. But,…I would like to expand to 2 or 3 more flashes. Does the ST-E3-RT work with any Yongnuo flashes or does anyone think this may come around in the near...
  6. SPL

Lens Help..EF 28mm f1.8 any good?

Hello,…always looking for people’s opinions, especially when it comes to buying new gear. For a long time I have had an itch to pick up a Canon 24mm f1.4L II for my FF, but it is a pricey one. I would like to do some static star shots and trails also, as well as have a nice fast wide prime for...
  7. SPL

Tripod: Carry-On or Check-In

Hey Everyone, Just wondering what everyone’s experiences/opinions have been, or your current practice when traveling with a tripod on domestic and international flights. Do you check your tripod in your check-in luggage or do you carry it on? Any issues/problems with TSA? I will be traveling...
  8. SPL

Lens to take to Ireland

Hey Everyone, Hope some of you have some good advice, because I’m driving myself nuts! I’m planning a weeklong trip to Ireland in mid January. We will be in the South and West coastal areas and planning on indoor, street, and landscape shots. I am planning on taking a 5D III with a 17-40mm...
  9. SPL

The Palouse

Hello everyone! Have really enjoyed reading all the comments and photography related subjects in this forum. This has really helped my education process and I have come away with a lot of great information. Just wondering if some people could offer some help and/or advice on the Palouse in...
  10. SPL

Apple Aperture 4

anyone have any ideas, read rumors, or have any thoughts as to the next Aperture upgrade / ver. 4 ??
  11. SPL

7D to 5D III upgrade..worth it?

Hello, I think maybe this questions has been put out there before,..so I apologize if it has…Just wondering if there are any thoughts out there on upgrading from a 7D to a 5D III. I’m looking for better IQ at low ISOs. Low ISO noise from the 7D has really annoyed me at times. I like to...
  12. SPL

EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM

Hello Everyone, I’m new here and have very much enjoyed the forum. I have learned a lot…I was wondering on some input and comments though. In increasing my lens collection, I have been considering a EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM for my 7D. Hopefully upgrade to a 5DIII in years down the line. My...