Search results

1. N

Information About a New Canon 135mm Lens

Wouldn't such a thing have a tiny aperture?
  2. N

Yungnuo flashes compatible with EOS M(2|3|5|10)?

I have an M5 and a Yong Nuo flash but it's the YN568, not YN565. I've been using it with a YN622c trigger and haven't had any problems yet.
  3. N

EOS M5 - first impressions

The closest I've found is when continuous focus is turned on. I don't think that's what you're looking for but that's what I know is available.
  4. N

How much is your camera gear worth?

Possibly more than my car but given that it's a rather common 15-year-old model and bought secondhand, it probably isn't worth all that much.
  5. N

Flash triggers with remote adjustment - Yongnou 622?

The YN622c can only communicate with other YN622c units and its remote setting change options might not work with flashes that aren't at least similar to Canon's 430ex2 or 580ex2.
  6. N

Inconsistent colors in Lightroom panels

The thing is that even newly imported raws appear like this and that wasn't the case before. Before reformatting, there wasn't any difference between how the images appeared in the develop panel and anywhere else. The only thing different between now and then that I can think of is that before...
  7. N

Inconsistent colors in Lightroom panels

I had to reformat my computer and when I reinstalled Lightroom, the colors were off. All the panels display images the same way except in the Develop panel, which is how the image looked like once it got exported. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks.
  8. N

Issues with yongnuo yn-622c flash triggers?

What batteries are you using? My 622Cs won't even turn on when I use Eneloops.
  9. N

Bag Quest V: The One Bag to Rule Them All (on vacation)

I've got a Perception Pro. The bigger pouches can hold a 5Dmk3 or 24-70mm f2.8. Not sure if either a 24-70mm f4 or 16-35mm f4 can fit in the smaller pouches, though. For your needs, I don't think it would be a good fit. The current version of Lowepro's Fastpack 250 might work.
  10. N

YN-622C and 580EX II MAJOR issues

This happened to me, too. I just replaced the batteries with fresh ones and the problem went away.
  11. N

New Gear Resolutions 2016

shoot more buy another 135mm f2 don't buy any more camera bags That third one will probably be the hardest to accomplish.
  12. N

What stuff did you buy/sell in 2015?

Bought: EOS M3 kit with 18-55mm, 55-200mm, and EVF EF-M 11-22mm Sold: EOS M EF-M 18-55mm Probably my lightest year since 2009.
  13. N

EOS M10 - First impressions from a (now former) M owner

If you're hand-holding a flash, you can block the sensor first to keep it from getting triggered by the pre-flash. If they'll be in fixed locations, you can use your hand to block the pop-up flash. Those are what a friend of mine did when his flash's foot broke. Still not very good solutions but...
  14. N

Anyone using the EVF-DC1 Electronic Viewfinder on M3???

You probably won't need it unless you have a hard time seeing what's on the lcd screen.
  15. N

Shooting in the rain: keep umbrella with no hands using?

I saw an accessory in some camera shops over in Japan that was essentially a bracket that clamps to your umbrella. Pretty cheap but I didn't bother going for it because it looked like it wouldn't be able to handle a 5Dmk3, unless maybe you used the camera to support the umbrella rather than the...
  16. N

Get Everything Canon, Directly From Canon

I still haven't found a compelling reason to replace my $15 third party tripod ring for the $172 Canon original.
  17. N

Need something to secure zippers on ThinkTank Turnstyle sling bag

I've been using a Turnstyle 20 as an everyday bag for the last six months. The only thing resembling security I've done is zip the main compartment to the bottom instead of to the top. My logic is that it's harder to open from there since unzipping it could cause whatever's inside to just spill...
  18. N

Black Rapid vs Peak Design vs CarrySpeed vs SpiderHolster

Just curious. Why so many? Was originally considering a Leash but went for a Slide instead because of the wider strap. It's a bit overkill for my M3 but perfect for my 5D3.
  19. N

Canon Announcements Coming August 14, 2015

No, please. I'm gonna want to buy it but I won't have the money. ;D
  20. N

Can we see some BOUNCE?! :D :: M3 Flash, pleeease?!

Lumix GX1 did. I don't know about later models.