Search results

1. I

Canon’s Focus on Innovation Once Again Lands Imaging Leader a Top Five Spot Among U.S. Patent Holder

Re: Canon’s Focus on Innovation Once Again Lands Imaging Leader a Top Five Spot Among U.S. Patent Ho Who cares about some rumblings of the CEO: “Our primary management goal this year is to raise our antennas high toward cutting-edge technology,” Mitarai tells Nikkei. “It is on this point where...
  2. I

All is Quiet, but the Good Stuff is Coming

-> All is Quiet, but the Good Stuff is Coming This reminds me why I left Canon, the eternal promise that never got fulfilled over the years. Yes, I absolutely do agree that Canon has maturity in terms of lenses and professionalism. For serious pro stuff, you can't go wrong choosing Canon...
  3. I

Ended: Adobe Creative Cloud 12 Month Photography Plan $89 (Reg $119)

Re: Deal: Adobe Creative Cloud 12 Month Photography Plan $89 (Reg $119) Renting might be a good thing for many and the financial results prove the viability (this far). Then again the QC at Adobe doesn't seem very good these days. Also, the new features might not be the interest of everybody...
  4. I

Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Studio Tests

Joking aside, there are high contrast scenes which might matter to some who travel but can't choose to stay for the right moment of light or other similar situations where light can't be easily controlled (e.g interiors with outside scenery). Like more MPs can be achieved by stitching and DR can...
  5. I

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Talk [CR2]

Sony has got quite better with the 2nd iteration of the 7 series. Considering the shorter lifecycle of Sonys I'd at least try to future proof even if just a little. Also, for the first timers, grabbing an expensive SLR, they might be negatively surprised that even their smartphones are somewhat...
  6. I

Some EOS 5D Mark IV Information [CR1]

C'mon guys, Canon is a great system, there is no need for big departures of what it already has. Just tweak little bit here and there and in the next year that is all what is needed.
  7. I

Review: Canon EOS 5DS R by Amateur Photographer

Now that's funny ..
  8. I

Here's my Pentax 645z review from a long term Canon user

Nice review! I hope for the full frame (haven't we gone through all that before ;-) Pentax MF. As Sony provides these days its MF sensors to all the handful no of players it might even come sooner than later. Photokina, next year? Pentax seems to have the best implementation of that and...
  9. I

Not only Canon Users are hunting for better specs.... ;-) Alpha 7r II dreams

Generally speaking CDAF is a prefered solution cause it's more precise and no more calibration issues. Don't know that much about the on sensor AF though, it is faster, what about the preciseness? Unfortunately CDAF requires massive amount of processing power, so PDAF still has its place...
  10. I

Adobe Lightroom 6 Information Update

This monthly fee has another catch - you can pay monthly but the minimum contract length is 1 year, when cancelled earlier you still have to pay 50% for the remaining period until the end of contract. However I believe it will be most certainly available also with the perpetual option.
  11. I

Adobe Lightroom 6 Information Update

Based on the description the healing brush might unfortunately be the same old brush. Setting a size and movement is already there, "sophisticated" might be just a translation issue meaning "advanced", as it was called in LR5. "Sophisticated Healing Brush Get best pictures with one touch. Set...
  12. I

The empire will strike back....

It will be very interesting to see Sony's take. I'd think it doesn't just stop with upscaling to 50MP: - even more DR - video will be better than their former model (full readout i.e. bye-bye rolling shutter?) - electronic shutter? At least the first curtain. High speed sync possible. - some...
  13. I

Interview About the EOS 5Ds & EOS 5Ds R with Mike Burnhill

Re: Interview About the EOS 5Ds & EOS 5Ds R with Mike Burnhill I think you are utterly wrong. In the biggest landscape forum (LL), the general consensus is quite the opposite. Any thinking photographer would like to have more DR, even those who own the current best out there. I could easily...
  14. I

The Impossible Brief: Canon Australia Shows off the EOS 5Ds R

-> Low light performance, billboard-ready ultra-high resolution and super crisp images: impossible? Was possible earlier and is possible now, not mentioning even better solution: the Pentax 645z. Crazily high ISO, bigger sensor collects more light, do we need to mention a high DR? Yeah, more...
  15. I

Who is going to buy the new 5Ds's?

Well, in order to answer there are some quite big unknowns - has the DR significantly improved? What would be the price What are the video features?
  16. I

Upgrade to Canon Pixma Pro-1 Printer

The Pro-1 was released in 2011 ( http://www.dpreview.com/products/canon/printers/canon_pixmapro1 ) so I'd expect this to be updated somewhere in this year at least, if not in the upcoming months. The CR2 rumor about the update was in Februray last year...
  17. I

Canon to Target The GH4 With New DSLR Type? [CR2]

Canon has done its best over some years for now to convince everybody that wait no big surprises. Yeah, shines at something, yet lacks at the same time putting the end product in the middle of other offerings rather than on top. See what has happened to once famous brand name. No one-product...
  18. I

LuLa likes the Samsung NX1

My understanding is they give more love to those who are not afraid to mess up and try to challenge the marketplace. Long time ago even Canon was on their hot list with the 1Ds.
  19. I

Is Canon now two generations behind Nikon?

As Canon manufacturers the SLR sensors solely for its own cameras the economies of scale are at play, compared to Sony who is catering a bigger market thus with more R&D opportunities. The next rumoured breakthrough in the Sony land is the global shutter (...