Search results

1. cliffwang

SIGMA Announces the 24-35mm F2 DG HSM Art

Interesting lens. Where is 24-70 /f2.0 OS Art? Please also release the Sony mount as well.
  2. cliffwang

Microsoft Surface 3 Tablet.

Surface 3 probably is the most powerful tablet, but still not good enough for photo editing. If you want to use Adobe software, this one is not good for you. This Atom CPU power is about equal three years old i3 CPU. With the new Intel CPU/GPU, it should be okay to run all current multimedia...
  3. cliffwang

Lens cleaning fluid & cloths recommendation?

I usually do Step 1: Blower Step 2: Lenspen Step 3: good microfiber cloth if step 3 doesn't work, then step 4: Lens cleaning wipe
  4. cliffwang

70-200mm Mk I vs Mk II

I had own the MK1 for about 2 years. It was good, but not great. f2.8 - f4 was soft for me. Don't remember how the IS performed. I liked it but not loved it. I was so exited when the MK2 released and bought soon after it on the market. I cannot be happier for that decision.
  5. cliffwang

Skipping the 5D-s. What do you want in 5D4?

1. All Crosstype AF Would be nice. 2. Linked AF Point Spot Metering? (May be in 5D-s) Strong agree 7. 4K Strong agree 9. Peaking and Zebra Would be nice, but not not important because ML will support it. 10. RAW 1080P Video or 4K if possible. (ML managed to do it. Canon can.) Would be nice...
  6. cliffwang

Skipping the 5D-s. What do you want in 5D4?

+1 for GPS and higher ISO and DR
  7. cliffwang

Official: Canon EOS M3 and It's Not Coming To North America

I don't think there is a way to change the language for JP model. Most Japanese model electronics doesn't have English menu. That's why I don't buy Japanese model electronics even thought the Japanese model is cheaper nowadays(because of the exchange rate). The only Japanese model electronic...
  8. cliffwang

Bingo! New Canon 5Ds has 50.6 MP new rumored specs

Not excited. ISO 6400 camera is not for me. Where is 5D MK4?
  9. cliffwang

Firmware: EOS 5D Mark III Version 1.3.3

+1 I am going to stay with version 1.2.3.
  10. cliffwang

Tamron 15-30mm f/2.8 VC Coming End of Month

I also would like to see the 11-24mm from Tamron. I have never been interested in 16-35mm f/2.8 or f/4 because I want a wider lens. If Tamron can make 11/12-24mm UWA lens with current Tamron IQ level, I will be very interested in that.
  11. cliffwang

The Canon EF 50mm f/1.0L

Nice collection.
  12. cliffwang

Canon 7D MK2 + Pro-100 Printer + Lightroom 5 & More for $1599 from buydig.com

FYI http://slickdeals.net/f/7599802-canon-7d-mark-ii-dslr-camera-body-only-pro-100-printer-photo-paper-adobe-lightroom-5-1599-after-350-rebate-free-shipping?v=1
  13. cliffwang

New Rebel & EF 11-24 f/4L USM Coming Shortly

Re: New Rebel & EF 11-24 f/4L USM Coming Shortly I sold my Sigma 12-24mm because my copy is very soft. I actually am very interested in this Canon EF 11-24mm lens. Hopefully the price tag will be about 2.5K.
  14. cliffwang

Canon Cinema EOS C300 Mark II Will be 4K [CR2]

I care only if 5D IV will have 4K video or not.
  15. cliffwang

Camera Store Trashes New G7X

For me LX100 and A6000 is still very portable and can put to my pocket and my wife's bag without any problem. However, I prefer LX100 because of the 4K video. Of cause I need to see some reviews of LX100 before I make a decision. Again, I am interested in only Sony RX100MK3 and Panasonic...
  16. cliffwang

Camera Store Trashes New G7X

I actually is more interested in a review of Sony RX100M3 vs Panasonic LX100. I would like to pick one of them for my wife. The LX100 has really good specs. However, I cannot tell which one is better from just specs.
  17. cliffwang

Sigma 150-600mm Preorder?

I wanted to buy Tamorn 150-600mm. However, it's back order anywhere. Actually that's a good thing because I have one more option for 150-600mm lens from Sigma. Just wonder when we will see the review and test for it.
  18. cliffwang

4K, 5K, 6K and Up Video

lol. Man thought vs woman thought. My wife also never care about HD things. She is also enjoying SD videos.
  19. cliffwang

4K, 5K, 6K and Up Video

42" for 4 meter is not right distance. I believe 55"+ is suggested for 4 meter distance. For me I can clearly tell the different between 720p and 1080p from my 58" TV from about 6 meter in my living room. I really need a 65" to 70" 4K or 8K TV for my living room. The only problem is the...
  20. cliffwang

Would you replace the old 24-70mm f2.8L by the Tamron 24-70mm f2.8 VC?

I switched to Tamron 24-70 VC from Canon 24-70 MK1. 1. Tamron has better IQ. 2. Canon has faster AF. 3. I feel AF on Tamron is more accurate than Canon MK1. 4. Tamron has great VC(IS). 5. Tamron does have more onion ring bokeh than Canon MK1. Here is my opinion. If you need faster AF and better...