Search results

1. K

The Canon EOS R5 manual is available for download

I ordered my from BH the day after it was announced. Status says Backordered.
  2. K

More Images of the Canon EOS 7D Mark II

Last year, I wanted this camera so bad, I couldn't wait. After getting my first full frame camera,6D, I honestly have no interest in going back to a crop sensor camera. My 7D has been relegated to a backup camera that my wife uses.
  3. K

Are you planning to purchase a 7D2

It would be a hard decision for me. I may just sell my 7D and 6D, in order to fund the next 5D when it comes out. For the near future, I am satisfied with what I have.
  4. K

Am I the only one this has happened to?

What do people like this do about the cameras the government and businesses have up all over the place? Do they go make a scene every time their kids are in view of one of these? :o
  5. K

6D for $1299...

Well, it wasn't that good. I bought mine for $1450 last week from Amazon.
  6. K

6D for $1299...

I stumbled upon this and thought I would share. <scam link removed by mod>
  7. K

Canon EOS 70D Announced

I have the 7D and plan to upgrade when something enticing comes along at around $2,000. The 70D specs look pretty good, but if the body isn't as big, as durable and as weather sealed as the 7D then it's not in the running. Those features are a must before I even look at specs. That is what...
  8. K

How to not get beat up when photographing public places?

If you are going by yourself you might want to keep a pistol on your belt, assuming it is legal in your area of course. I have found people are a lot more polite when they see your armed. Though the police may come and check you out. I personally have never had anyone say anything to me. Maybe...
  9. K

2 Deputies shot in Encinitas! 5D mkiii shots from the scene

With all the police I thought a foreign army was invading. Shots look good, but oh what a difference anti-shake filtering would make.
  10. K

EF 24-70 F/2.8L II USM on 7D

I was tempted by the 17-55, but I refused to buy a lens that only worked with crop sensor cameras. I did it once with my 60mm Macro, but never again. When I go FF I don't want to have to deal with switching glass.
  11. K

Upgrade from 7D to 6D or MK3?

I am in the same boat. I have wanted FF so badly, but I just can't justify paying so much for the MK3 when it is mainly a hobby for me. I refuse to buy EF-S lenses simply because I know I will upgrade at some point. I like doing landscapes as well as shooting family snapshots of the kids running...
  12. K

Best Methods For Long Term File Storage ??

Because of changing media and technology I tend to favor cloud storage. I keep a copy on my computer and when my drive fills up I put in a larger one and put the old one in a drawer. This way I can always revert back to older drives if necessary. Then I also keep my stuff stored with a backup...
  13. K

What computer and monitor setup do u have for Post Production?

I have an i7 3930k with 32GB of RAM and an Intel SSD for my boot drive and two 2TB 7200 RPM drives for storage. My graphics card is an nVidia GTX 470 that run my 2560x1440 27" calibrated monitor.
  14. K

Canon's Next Full Frame Camera [CR2]

I like all the rumored specs, but it needs to be at least the size and build quality of the 7D. Then it would be worth about $1899. The way it is rumored to be the price needs to be down around $1299. When you are paying that much a magnesium body that is somewhat weather sealed is expected.
  15. K

Manual Mode Exposure Question...

I usually shoot in AP mode and set the ISO manually. During some of my daughters plays I have tried using manual with some success. I frequently use manual mode if I am going to have time to do a shoot, such as a portrait. Reading on here I see that many say they use manual most of the time...
  16. K

Canon 7Dmk2 any rumors??

I would upgrade my 7D to the MKII, or whatever they call it, as long as it is no more than $2500. That is pretty much my all I can justify spending on a camera.
  17. K

Canon 7Dmk2 any rumors??

I am pretty happy with every aspect of the 7D except for its low light noise. With some work it gets better, but this is where they need to focus on improving.
  18. K

Canon 7Dmk2 any rumors??

Re: Canon 7D Mark II specs wishlist. If that price is right then I will just skip it and get a 5D MK III, which I am sure will be down around $3000 with a sale or rebate, sometime later this year.
  19. K

Just preordered the 5DIII, price is definitely $3499.99

If it is $3500 for the body only then that means I won't have to justify upgrading my 7D to the wife. Hopefully though the Federal Reserve will implement a bailout that involves giving everyone a 5D MKIII voucher. ::) Hey, these days anything is possible.
  20. K

How many of you actually have money to buy the new 5D Mark III?

If it has the 61 pt AF and other goodies rumored then I will get one within six months of release. That is assuming the body isn't over $3000. If it is then I will wait until the price drops or is on sale.