Search results

1. Chuck Alaimo

Stock Notice: Loupedeck Photo Editing Console for Lightroom 6 & CC

I literally do it all the time...I'm using the pallette gear setup and with the dials is super easy and smooth to adjust 2 sliders at once. If you look at an image and immediately say, drop the whites and increase exposer - done, and with the dials you can really fine tune it.
  2. Chuck Alaimo

That would help a little, but you still have to use the carpel tunnel mouse....for me, better solution would be improved keyboard shortcut use in adobe....so you can just click E to adjust exposure with arrow keys --- but single click keys are already fairly mapped out so that' not gonna work...
  3. Chuck Alaimo

D850 moons the 5D4 with its tilt-screen

Another person did this so I will too - sd card slot supports uhs II (I prefer CF cards so this means little to me --- have fun over paying on those xqd cards too!!!) - 4k uncropped, and I bet a much better codec than some 90s nonsense (whats video nd why am i using it ever at all????????) -...
  4. Chuck Alaimo

This!!!! I don't use this particular product but, about 3 months ago I decided to give pallette gear a try - https://palettegear.com as a wedding and event shooter I have lots of images to go through, cull and edit. with mouse only i it's a lot of action on the right hand, which is also the...
  5. Chuck Alaimo

Sadly, the 6dm2 and 5div to be obsolete shortly

Same thing with the d800, which first came ass 2 models, then a year later comes the d810... If history repeats, there will be a d860 released next year. So hope your bank account is ready for that!
  6. Chuck Alaimo

Poll: Are 5D3 owners going to buy a 6D2?

Still feeling like there are missing categories here. What about people in the, will be buying the 5d4, just not early adopting? If I buy one even even as late as September it's still within first year of release. Said it in another reply, There are lots of wedding shooters who will be buying...
  7. Chuck Alaimo

Poll: Are 5D3 owners going to buy a 6D2?

there was no real option on the poll that fits me.The 5d4 is so early still in it's life cycle and I know that I'm probably not the only one with my mindset - the release time sucked for wedding shooters, or, it wasn't great for being an early adopter. For folks like me, the 5d4 came out right...
  8. Chuck Alaimo

CIPA Camera Sales Data Released, Decline Continues

A - I think this is the major thing you don't seem to get --- many of us do believe that we have damn good gear for the cost. that's why we defend canon, because the end result is we have damn good gear. B - you seem to completely ignore that there is a wide ranging professional market that...
  9. Chuck Alaimo

Agree... this way a camera can be a camera, user the phone for the other stuff
  10. Chuck Alaimo

I get this, but, it's kind of asking too much. My hammer is still a hammer, yes it could also have WiFi but is there a need? Give a dslr phone capabilities, great, but, it still doesn't compete with cell phones. The mass market for p&s cameras is quite satiated with what their phones can...
  11. Chuck Alaimo

Where to even start...ugggg... your assumption is just that, an assumption that millions are like you.... that's where your delusional. Unless your a mind reader I really don't think you can speak for millions. Especially when the market data doesn't even come close to showing your...
  12. Chuck Alaimo

The majority of the market wants 1 device that can go in a pocket and not need other things to go along with it. .. mlc is not the answer there. ..
  13. Chuck Alaimo

Wow, way to miss the point! Unless your mirrorless is a phone your in the same boat. As stated, big falloff in point and shoots. The slr market is saturated so it's going to be slower moving. This has nothing to do with mirrorless though and everything to do with cell phones getting...
  14. Chuck Alaimo

Review: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV by Lensrentals.com

And that is the difference - I am speaking on behalf of myself - I'm not assuming the features I want and need are the thoughts and feelings of the majority - unlike you who assumes that everyone not only agrees but is ranting and raving about this. Yes, there are some who agree with you, an...
  15. Chuck Alaimo

holy crap, pinch me, I am actually agreeing with you
  16. Chuck Alaimo

I always find posts like this curious, it's kind of like things those who have not had any experience with the camera say...soooo...here we go In summary, have fun with your sony camera's, because it sounds like you just need to buy a sony. I really really hope that the folks at canon are...
  17. Chuck Alaimo

Anything shot with a 5D4

had this on rental for the weekend, here's a few
  18. Chuck Alaimo

5D mk IV workflow, how to cope with the lack of Adobe Camera Raw support?

where the heck do you find DPP if you haven't installed it since updgrading my computer?...lol
  19. Chuck Alaimo

EOS 5D Mark IV - the crippled generalist

Yup, it's kind one of the reasons we like pro/semi-private level gear
  20. Chuck Alaimo

EOS 5D Mark IV - the crippled generalist

The problem with this is its comparing apples to oranges. How many pro/semi-private bodies have flip screens vs how many enthusiast/behinner/consumer bodies have flip screens? I'd be willing to bet that if there were more pro bodies with flip screens you'd find more of them breaking.