Search results

1. H

Patent: The return of eye-controlled focus, but for mirrorless cameras

I bought the A2e (EOS 5) back in the early 90’s. The ‘e’ stood for eye. I bought the ‘e’ version as a lark since I’m a total gadget geek and thought it world be fun to play sith. I bought it with low to no expectations. The eye focus was AMAZING! Absolutely loved it. So wonderful to frame...
  2. H

Patent: Eye-controlled autofocus for mirrorless cameras

I had eye control on the A2E back in the 90’s. It was amazing!! Absolutely perfect for framing. The focus was activated the same as today...when you half-press the shutter release. So you frame your shot, look at your focus point, half-depress, the target focus point lights up, and you...
  3. H

6D Firmware 1.1.4 released

hah. Just got an email from the Magic Lantern dude that is working the 6D features. He just added and is testing an Auto-Off for GPS today. Sweet. Jim
  4. H

6D Firmware 1.1.4 released

Shoot. Been watching for a firmware update for a year to fix the GPS issue. GPS is certainly a great feature to have. It uses about 25% of the battery per day, or about 1% per hour. Which means if you have it on for an 10-hour shoot, you lose about 10% of your battery, or instead of 800...
  5. H

Canon EOS 6D Firmware by June? [CR1]

I really, really REALLY hope they switch the GPS setup so you can configure it to shut off after a timeout or when you turn the power switch off (unless you have GPS Logging enabled.) Jeez loueezzz, the battery goes dead in 3-4 days if you leave GPS on in your bag with data logging off. I want...