Search results

1. L

For those using Lightroom... what are your settings

Will do, thanks. I have no idea why haven't I seen this before, to my eye this setting is much more accurate when used with 5DIII files.
  2. L

For those using Lightroom... what are your settings

Sorry for somewhat hi-jacking the thread, I tried the "Camera Standard" setting and I relly liked it. Is there a way to enable it by default?
  3. L

5DmkIII AI Servo button

It's awesome that you can assign the preview DOF button a function to change to AI Servo, but even when you perss it the camera remains in One Shot Mode. Is there a convenient way to immediately switch not only to the Servo, but also to a burst shooting mode? Thanks!
  4. L

What should I go for now?

Thanks folks, I'll be doing some assistant action in a few days and I'll have a look at that 35L. Haven't heard a single bad word about it. And btw Neuro, thank you for the link, it was quite a fun and insightful read.
  5. L

I do really appreciate your sarcasm despite it not being helpful at all! ;-)
  6. L

Greetings CR community! I am inclined to update my arsenal, and I'm looking for advice. I'm currently in the process of becoming a journalist, and I'm looking to incorporate my photography hobby into my profession. I currently have 5DmIII and 70-300L, and that's I think is sufficient for now :P...
  7. L

5DMkIII for sports

Thanks everyone, I've checked that topic, but most posts over there were "Well you see, 1DX is better, and here is why..." I was looking for feedback from people who own 5DmIII and who have shot some sports events with it, that's why I created a topic of my own. @!ex, awesome shot you have there!
  8. L

5DMkIII for sports

Did anyone try it using AI-Servo and perhaps burst mode? Is it even possible to do with relative success? Becuase we've been hearing a lot how 1DX is good in this regard, but for a variety of reasons 5d3 is a much more used camera, that's why I'm asking. I currently have 70-300L so I'm planning...
  9. L

Constant AI Servo on 5d3?

Green box? Fully Automatic mod?
  10. L

Constant AI Servo on 5d3?

Hello everyone, I've been slowly moving toward primes lately (not the "I'm going primes because zooms are mainstream" kind of thing, I just like the shallow DoF and the IQ primes provide more at the moment). The one thing that keeps bothering me is how shallow the DoF really is, and that...
  11. L

Is Canon at a Crossroads?

EF platform will live as long as its optical peak is not reached. We may argue that price is the factor as well, but in my opinion the desire for optical superiority is what keeps new lenses showing up. So when Canon gets as close to the dream 17-400 f/1.4 lens as the EF mount allows, it will...
  12. L

Touch Screen in Future Full-Frames?

Don't you think it's going to be difficult introducing touch screens to pro bodies since there is a considerable layer of reinforced glass on the LCD? Plastic-y Rebel LCDs are ideal for touch-screens though.
  13. L

Canon EOS Rebel T4i/650D Full Specifications

Re: Canon EOS Rebel T4i/650D Specifications Thank you for putting the list up, but I'd add stereo mic in the basket. It's pretty convenient imo.
  14. L

Canon EOS Rebel T4i/650D Full Specifications

Re: Canon EOS Rebel T4i/650D Specifications UHS-1! We, the 5DIII'ers, are envious. Is the sensor new by the way? UPD: Yeah, according to now-increased auto ISO (12800), it's new. Stereo mic is the nice addition as well.
  15. L

Preproduction Canon EOS-1D X Exists!

If only I could get my hands on one of these... Patience, must exercise patience... :-(
  16. L

70-300L on 5D Mark III

12800 ISO is fine at 5d mkIII, even 25600 is quite okay.
  17. L

70-300L on 5D Mark III

Well, I was hoping 5d mark III's ISO performance would allow me to use it indoors. We'll see about that :-)
  18. L

70-300L on 5D Mark III

That's a very nice shot indeed briansquibb! Overall I'm happy with the lens, your advice was one of those which convinced me in the end :-) Yeah Act, I agree that the main thing here is the f/5.6 at 300mm, and it's quite capable of delivering great results though. I'm sad to hear that 70-200...
  19. L

70-300L on 5D Mark III

Thank you guys for your help! This community is golden, I am reassured of that :-) Just got the 70-300 and it's amazing. Shooting indoors with f/4-5.6 at 12800 ISO, after some post images look extremely appealing. 12800 ISO, 300mm, f/5.6, 1/60, IS on, some post in LR4CR2
  20. L

Recommendation for a small budget?

I personally like the Sigma's 17-70 OS. While it is not kicking the stars from the sky when it comes to IQ, it's very decent. It even has f/2.8 somewhere like 17-20mm, and it being 70mm on the log end allows you to leave it on your camera at all times. If you need a telephoto range, Canon's...