Search results

1. Bennymiata

Fixed lens “Retro” camera coming from Canon?

Funnily enough, I got myself a Nikon zfc yesterday in tan with silver. Pity Canon has nothing like it. I don't intend to do do serious work with it, I'll leave that to my R5, but is a cute looking and fun camera bringing back the days of old film cameras I used to use. It's small and light and...
  2. Bennymiata

Canon adds ST-E3-RT Version 3 transmitter

You'd think for that money they could have put a better and more readable display on it. Dot matrix can be very hard to see in many lighting situations.
  3. Bennymiata

Canon shows of APS-C dual-lens fisheye and stereoscopic lenses at CES

I love 3D photography. When I was 11 (many years ago) my father gave me an Exacta Varex SLR and with it came the 3D lens adaptor and a 3D viewfinder which doubled as a 3D viewer for the slides. About 10 years ago I bought a Fuji W3 point and shoot which has a 3D display on the back. Great fun...
  4. Bennymiata

Best of Canon 2023: #1 RF 200-800 F6.3-9 IS USM

I got my 200-800 a couple of weeks ago and I find it works very well with my R5. It is big and fairly heavy but great fun to use. I also have the 100-500, but this a different lens and the 2 lenses are complimentary to each other. As the R7 is not a pro body, it is to be expected that it won't...
  5. Bennymiata

Angelbird cards

I have an Angelbird 1tb card in my R5, and have been using it for over a year with no problems at all. Maybe someone put an incorrect sticker on your card.
  6. Bennymiata

Mortal remains

Those teeth are definitely those of a herbivore. I agree with Sporgon on it being a sheep too.
  7. Bennymiata

Canon announces the compact SELPHY CP1500 dye-sub printer

I have an older Selphy printer and have printed over 400 pictures in one, long, night. It never stopped all night and every picture was excellent quality too. Maybe I need a new one................?
  8. Bennymiata

Spider wrapping butterfly in silk

It's unusual that butterflies get caught in spider webs as they have a sort of powdery coating which helps them prevent getting stuck in a web. great catch and great photos.
  9. Bennymiata

RF 100-400 possible problem

I have the Mk1 version of the ef 100 -400 and use it on my R and R5 and haven't found any problems. In fact, the results from these combos are excellent.
  10. Bennymiata

This RF-S 22mm f/2 photo looks real to me

IMHO I think Canon is going to re-house the M lenses to work with the RF mount. Their rf-s lenses just look like M lenses with an RF mount. Easiest way to get a range of the crop sensor lenses out there.
  11. Bennymiata

Deal of the Day: Rokinon EF 14mm F2.8 AF $449 (Reg $799)

This is a pretty good lens, and the auto focus is also pretty good. I'm happy with mine.
  12. Bennymiata

R5 with EF lenses

I use all my ef lenses on my R5, and they work better on my R5 than they do on my 5D3. Even third party lenses work well. Get it now before inflation hits prices. You won't regret it.
  13. Bennymiata

Canon to Fix ‘R5 Freeze’ Issue in Firmware

I've had my R5 freeze a few times at events, especially if I'm taking lots of photos as well as video. It does happen once or twice in a 5+ hour event. Using 1.4. I always wait a few weeks to upgrade when new software is released to hear the complaints.
  14. Bennymiata

How awesome would it be if you could use the USB C port for backups with a USB stick or hard drive?

Personally, I use a 1TB card in my R5. I haven't run out of room yet even at large events.
  15. Bennymiata

That’s all folks, for me anyway. Canon Rumors will live on.

It's very upsetting. I've been coming to visit this wonderful sites a few times a day for around 12 years and I'm really sorry you're leaving Craig. However, as the politics of the world steer more towards the left, the worse our lives are becoming. Everybody thinks that their opinion is worth...
  16. Bennymiata

Canon R5 - Is there anything I should know/consider before buying?

I have the R5 and the 24-105, and it's an excellent combination. I have an Angel bird 1TB cfe card and a Lexar UHS II 256GB card and they work perfectly. Get the best and biggest cards you can afford. You will need them. You'll also find the 1080p recording is really very, very good, so much so...
  17. Bennymiata

Up to 6 month delay for R3

Try ordering a new car. I ordered a new car in October, and hope to get it Iin April! Last year we ordered a new Lounge suite, and it took over 6 months to get it. Sounds like my sex life.
  18. Bennymiata

Why are so many R system bodies and lenses available used?

It happens with new cars too. Some people get a new car and have it for a week or two, discover they don't like it and so they trade it for something else. The more expensive the car, the more likely it will traded.
  19. Bennymiata

Canon sued for Disabling Scanner of AIO when ink runs out.

I fixed the problem. I bought a Canon multifunction with the big liquid tanks for my home office. More to buy but the running costs are far cheaper.