Search results

1. Bennymiata

8K video plays on 8K tv?

I have an 8K tv and I will be getting an R5 soon and I was wondering if you can play 8K video direct from the R5 to the tv? Obviously I will need an appropriate cable etc. Has anyone tried it?
  2. Bennymiata

Samyang 14mm for RF

I would love to buy the Canon 15-35, but the cost is prohibitive so I'm thinking about the Samyang 14mm f2.8 AF for my R. Reports on it are pretty good, but I was wondering if any of you learned people have one and what your thoughts are on the Samyang. Is it worth buying?
  3. Bennymiata

R viewfinder question

I am about to get myself an R and the 28-80 lens as well as the control ring adaptor. As Brian at TDP says, it's worth to buy the body just to get the lens. I do events and I currently have a 5D3 (primary camera), 70D (backup and HD video) as well as an M5 for fun. My brother-in-law's old 60D...
  4. Bennymiata

New 70-200 lens

I just got myself a new 70-200 F4 IS II. I've used the 2.8 versions, but found them to be too big and heavy to use all day, so I bought myself an F4. As light and easy to use as my 24-105, and as I rarely need F2.8, I went for this. Got it cheap too. Here's a few shots I took yesterday. IT has...
  5. Bennymiata

Cashbacks on now on R and RP in Oz

Canon is now offering a A $500 cash rebate on the R with lens and A $50 cashback on the RP, as well as giving away the ef lens adaptor free. Seems that sales aren't too good right now for the R.
  6. Bennymiata

Too Cute

My twin cats are showing you their sweet side now. Taken using either an M5 with 15-45mm or my 70D on a Ronin S with a Tokina 11-16 F2.8. Feel free to copy the link and send it on to someone who might like it. Your comments are appreciated too. https://youtu.be/UoKIzodfuaU
  7. Bennymiata

Cat Fight!

My pussies are at it again! My latest video of my kittens Keiko and Kenzie who are twins. Please feel free to pass on the link to anyone you think may enjoy it. Let me know what you think Don. Mostly shot on my M5 with 15-45 ef-m and some shots with my 70D on a Ronin S...
  8. Bennymiata

Cats!

I didn't see any previous threads about our masters, so I thought I would start one. Let's see your pussies (cats that is)! I got 2 kittens a week or so ago and have been having lots of fun with them. Believe it or not, these 2 cats are actual twins, as their mother only gave birth to the 2 of...
  9. Bennymiata

Playful Kittens

I got some new kittens last week, and this is some of what they did over their first week with my wife and I. https://youtu.be/UEI_shtFpwU Hope you like it! Mostly taken on an M5 and some footage with my 70D
  10. Bennymiata

Need a good compact camera for 4K video

I currently do some video work for weddings and various events, but will be doing lots more soon and so I want to buy a good, compact camera for doing 4K video. The video from my 70D and my M5 is quite soft and after watching the video comparing the R to other mirrorless cameras, I can really...
  11. Bennymiata

Need a 4K video camera

I'm looking to update my 70d, which is usually used for my video work, but now that I've updated my pc, I want to get a good 4K video camera. I'm looking at an XC10 or one of the XF400 cameras. That's the sort of budget I have. I don't do lots of professional work, but I do a few weddings...
  12. Bennymiata

Lorikeet Bullys

Made with my M5. Some scenes using the efs 60mm macro (which has noisy focus) and others with the efm 55-200. Still coming to grips with focussing as in parts of this clip, the camera kept focussing on the background. Face focussing is useless on animals. Amazing how the large cockatoos are so...
  13. Bennymiata

USB Charger for LPE6 batteries.

I was asked in another post about my USB charger for my LPE6 batteries. The charger works well, although not as fast as the Canon charger, but can be plugged into a USB port so you can charge from your car or a backup power supply, and it charges 2 batteries at once. Because it doesn't have a...
  14. Bennymiata

M5 and 7Artisan's Fish Eye

Thanks to littleB, I got my very cheap fish-eye lens to work nicely with my M5, and here are some low-res photos I took from around my home in Sydney. These have been PP'd to taste in Lightroom, but have not has any lens corrections applied to them. While this is just a $139.00 lens, I think it...
  15. Bennymiata

M5 with manual lenses - problems

I have an M5 with all the lenses, and I really love it for my personal photography, and today, I received a 7Artisans 7.5mm F2.8 fish-eye lens. I wanted a fish-eye for a long time but didn't want to stump up the coin for something that is only for fun, but at $139 I figured why not. The lens...
  16. Bennymiata

EVF's

I bought myself an M5 about a month ago, and I really like it, although I find the EVF to be too bright, too saturated and has too much contrast. It's still very useable though. Over the weekend I bought a G5X for my father to use in the retirement home where he lives now. He's 93 years old and...
  17. Bennymiata

5d3 doesn't want to recognise lenses

My 5d3 doesn't want to recognise any of my lenses including my L lenses. When first starting up, the camera works for one or two shots, then it stops recognising the lens on it. The lcd display says 00 for the aperture and a warning comes up on the rear screen saying there was no lens on the...
  18. Bennymiata

When is the M5 Shipping?

I thought it would out by now, and I'm itching to get one. I reckon this will be a real hit for Canon. I've tried a few mirrorless cameras and none of them have excited me, but the M5 does get me excited.
  19. Bennymiata

Update your details

With 2016 soon upon us, don't forget to update your copyright year on your phone.
  20. Bennymiata

Trouble using flash with live view

I have a 5d3 and I find that I can't use either my 580EXII or my wireless remote to trigger my studio flashes when the camera is in live view. When I press the shutter when in live view, the flash doesn't fire, but as soon as I switch off live view it fires. Could one of you learned...