Search results

1. Marine03

6D print size/quality PPI confusion.

Okay so I'm trying to make a large print 36x24 I started with a RAW from my 6D and then some lightroom editing saved max quality JPEG. Uploaded print to nations photo lab which is telling me they recommend at least 180 PPI using photoshop it is claiming to be 152 PPI at 36x24 So a...
  2. Marine03

6D autofocus point issue any one have this?

So I've had my 6D going on 2 years now about a month and a half back the farthest right AF point stopped working. Its tries to focus but hunts for a really long time. I have tried several other lenses and all the other points are pretty snapy but not this far right point. I have tried...
  3. Marine03

First Car shoot sorta city

First time trying an auto shoot tried it out on my company car so that I could share the results with someone that has a car worth taking photos of. Let me know what you think. Both shots 6D with crapy old Sigma and ISO 100-200 for about 20 seconds lit only with a flashlight.
  4. Marine03

Initial impression after using 6D... now 2 weeks later

Well it came yesterday and as a whole "wow" what a step up from a rebel. The feel, the size is just about perfect. I only had the cash for the body but plan on getting glass in the next few months here. With that being said I was using the Nifty Fifty. Even with all lights on my 450D...
  5. Marine03

Swap-ability of batteries?

My 6D should arrive today, which comes with 1 LP-E6 but I also have several LP-E5 from my old Xsi(450D) LP-E5 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (7.4 V, 1050 mAh) new for EOS 450D/XSi and 1000D LP-E6 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (7.4 V, 1800 mAh) new for EOS 5D Mark 2 Does anyone know...
  6. Marine03

Amazon vs B&H for purchase?

Buying a 6D today... will be huge upgrade from my 450D, the only question I have is for ease of returns or warranty does it matter?
  7. Marine03

UL to launch camera testing standard

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 NORTHBROOK, Ill.—Underwriters Laboratories is launching the first digital-camera performance standard in February and plans to have some cameras certified in time for ISC West, Bob Jamieson, UL general manager, life safety and security industries, told Security...
  8. Marine03

Canon Refurbs

How long does it normally take for a new body ala 6D to start showing up on the refurb website?
  9. Marine03

whats up with 5d2 used pricing?

as a 450D user I'm on the hunt for a good deal on a 5d2 or save for 6D or 5d3 however I always see people selling bodies with 5-25K clicks attempting to sell the 5d2 for 1500 or even more, because they spent 2 grand on it a year ago. I dont think I'd pay more than 1400 with body and kit...
  10. Marine03

Plan to get a 5D3 for $1

So I just saw another members signature joking about a kind soul who would donate a 5D3 that good Karma would be upon them etc. Now what if you did a first come first serve list of 3500 people. Now in this list Everyone donates a dollar to the "raffle" because obviously the cost would be...
  11. Marine03

Suggested upgrade path?

Current kit consists of 450D, Nifty 50, 2 Old Sigma lenses pre digital, kit 18-55 and Yunguno 565ex. I do family portraits and christmas cards for friends etc, as well as an wedding as 2nd shooter. I've done 6 this year. Looking at the 6D as my next body as with event photography I...
  12. Marine03

6D kit lens 24-105 F4L or 24-70Mark 1

Let me say I know the Mark 2 is better in every way then the Mark1 but I have to scrape together money for the 6D body let alone a 2K lens. So I'd debating weather I buy the 6D kit or just body and a 24-70mk 1 If it helps people answer... I don't' pixel peep or anything crazy, I'm in the group...
  13. Marine03

6D question

Based on the worlds fastest growing thread I thought this question would get lost in the 26 pages...... 1/4000sec shutter speed I saw some complain that its not nearly fast enough. I currently own a 450D and that is my max and I can't even think of the times I've gotten that high. Is it...
  14. Marine03

Pre digital days, please shed some light for me

my first real SLR that I bought was the 450D, so before the age of digital how did Canon differentiate its model line up feature wise? I mean back say year 1998 the determiner of IQ was the lens and film and the paper that it was printed on. My point is, why have so many sensors across a...
  15. Marine03

Should I/Do I need an RF trigger?

So right now I've got 1 flash, Youguno 565EX and a "10ft" cable for off camera purposes althought I only feel safe pulling about 3 ft on it. So I want to take some larger group family shoots this next week so I'll be using a 450D with flash and 50mm 1.8 lens for the shots with 6 or 7 people in...
  16. Marine03

Photoshop CS6 Beta?

I am currently using CS6 Beta and was trying to figure 2 things, I am trying to use Iris blur and notice that several different filters and features in the the light grey that can not be clicked on and I'm wondering if I just have the wrong tool selected? second is if one day it will just...
  17. Marine03

For those interested in 7D2

It seems that in most of these thread's about new body's everyone will be happy if the price goes up 1000 dollars over current 7D body's pricing. I personally am a hobby shooter with about 4 weddings lined up as the 2nd shooter this summer. The thought of spending close to or more than 2g's...
  18. Marine03

Softbox vs omni bounce or pocket bounce? for outdoor portraits

I'm ordering a Younguno 565EX today, and have heard I should have a sto-fen omni bounce, which to my understanding is just to bounce the light off the ceiling while making it softer. Now I'm going to be shooting people outdoors for family photos and wondered if I should also get a soft box...
  19. Marine03

Help decide between two Tamron lens

Today is my birthday and I have some cash to spend. Currently only have 450D with kit lens and 50mm 1.8. I'm holding out for a 7D2 or 70d in the future and L glass is out of my budget now. Found two lenses on Craig's list. Both seem to have good reviews. The 17-50 they want 350 and the...
  20. Marine03

wholesale cost of 580EX2?

Does anyone work for a store, and know what the pricing is to a distributor? I like to shop at a store called ABT and they allow haggling. So I want to know how much reasonable room I have to work with before going in and wasting my time.