Search results

1. T

Canon 600EX-RT Battery door replacement instructions?

I have to replace the battery door on my flash (Long fall off a tall lightstand) and purchased the replacement door direct from Canon USA. However, it looks like it fits over a pin as a hinge, and, not sure how to get it out of damaged flash unit. All the videos on Youtube are for Yongnuo door...
  2. T

Insurance recommendation: ? anyone have experience with "FullFrame"

I think I had seen this comment before when I searched the posts. a few years back I had a storm damage claim and a jewelry claim on my homeowner's policy; I didn't want to jeopardize my coverage, so I moved the jewelry to its own policy. Good thing- the diamond fell out of my wife's ring a bit...
  3. T

Insurance recommendation: ? anyone have experience with "FullFrame"

Saw an ad on one of the photo sites about "FullFrame" insurance; it's 99/year for liabiliy, and ~152/year for $20,000 of equipment coverage. This is about half of what I had seen before. Since i'm an occasional compensated photographer, this is appealing. But, maybe it's a scam or they make...
  4. T

Canon USA Buy One, get 2 or 4 free paper deals 9-11-2015

I just ordered some yesterday- Canon price watch mentioned there's a code for 50% off- I did and it worked. I don't know how long this code is good for, but it's worth the shot: Use coupon code P150901 during checkout to get the 50% discount.
  5. T

wedding photographer (preferably idiot) needed

You mean there's a place 1/2 star better than this? http://www.4starpizza.ro/
  6. T

Sony announces new CMOS Image Sensors with Global Shutter

I don't know why anyone would jump ship to Sony over this- this is for "Industrial applications"- like product inspection imaging, etc. doesn't say anything about availability on a consumer camera. Also, it's a 5 megapixel sensor (or 3.5 for the other version) this makes sense, because they...
  7. T

Is their a name for this "style" of photography?

I'd almost call it "LDR" for Low Dynamic Range... because it's almost the opposite- letting the highlights saturate, and almost nothing in the darks...
  8. T

Portrait of your "Best friend"

sorry, man's best friend is a dog
  9. T

POLL: What's more important, gps or wifi?

I could really use WIFI with my 5D mk III for several reasons- * Product Photography for my wife's Ebay - the "studio" is on another floor, and to have the photos uploaded automatically would be very helpful * Remote control / IPAD - Given that it may not fit in the body or drain power too...
  10. T

I had a Blowout... On a Hasselblad.

What's the Bokeh like on the lens now?
  11. T

Anything to report from the Olympics?

Interesting piece on OLYMPIC PHOTOGRAPHERS: http://gizmodo.com/the-inside-story-of-how-olympic-photographers-capture-s-1521746623/@tcraggs22
  12. T

Future White Lens owner

Christmas eve, and I'm taking family photos with a 70-200 L lens. My nephew's 2-1/2 year old wants to get in on the action....
  13. T

Photographers get physical

Saw this on Deadspin: brady-manning-handshake-pushes-photographers-over-edge: http://deadspin.com/brady-manning-handshake-pushes-photographers-over-edge-1470950323 Loved the comments, such as: "As a Nikon photographer, I feel this primal rage whenever I see one of those stupid white...
  14. T

Super fast exposure time - BBC News

will it work with HSS? or do I have to replace my 430EX flash?
  15. T

The official: Portrait Humor Thread....

How bout portraits "enhanced" by software? I saw this ad for Portrait Professional located about this embedded video, I'm not sure that Portrait Professional would do this much to Tom Brokaw
  16. T

Uncle Bobs make the Bigtime in a Microsoft Ad

First learned the term "Uncle Bob" here, now I recognize him everywhere, including this new commercial for Cell phones. Switch to the Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone -- Engadget's Readers Choice Smartphone of the Year
  17. T

Canon Refurb 400mm f/5.6L $910

how much image difference would this have versus a 70-200 2.8L IS II with a 2x converter? you'd have 140-400 f/5.6 w/IS-
  18. T

A chicken in every pot and a SSD in every computer

I just returned my Samsung SSD. I built up a system with that as my system drive and a pair of 2 terabyte drives RAID'd for data. After the 2nd time the drive deformatted itself spontaneously, I lost faith. But it was fast when I had it.
  19. T

Canon EOS 7D L Announced, Shipping in May

Almost believable, until I read "SHIPPING IN MAY"
  20. T

What's the best deal you've ever gotten on a lens?

My son got the best deal- he was working at a rummage sale, and there were a bunch of old style TV's (not LCD) along with some old camera equipment. There was a Pentax ~50mm 1.8 lens, that went unsold, so they gave it to him. Since it wouldn't fit our Canons, it went on EBAY and sold for $140...