Search results

1. stochasticmotions

Canon EOS R5 Mark II Specifications

If this is a stacked sensor version of the R5 then it will be the first time in quite a while that I have been excited about something from Canon. The original R5 is a good camera that is still buggy, and I only bought it to use with my only big prime, the 500 f/4. I will wait to see if it...
  2. stochasticmotions

The state of third-party lenses for the RF mount, Canon may be involved

I guess this is good for Canon as long as they feel they can sell enough cameras and lenses. In some ways it is good for Sony and Nikon right now as it is a good reason for many people starting out to not choose Canon. Currently with the prices of Canon RF lenses I have been telling people go...
  3. stochasticmotions

Canon is gearing up to finally release a high megapixel camera with 100+ megapixels [CR3]

I would love to see how a 100 MPixel full frame sensor would stand up to the current Fuji GFX. I'm pretty happy with the current high resolution cameras from both Canon and Sony for the detail in nature shots but can always use a bit more.
  4. stochasticmotions

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R7, Canon EOS R10 and two new RF-S lenses

R10 seems like a pretty great "entry level" camera although it is a bit higher in price than the current entry level DSLR from Canon (also seems to be much more capable than many entry level cameras). The R7 is very interesting....seems like a fantastic mirrorless version of the 90D and the...
  5. stochasticmotions

Nikon Releases Z 800mm at 1/3 Cost of Canon’s

This lens looks like it will be great for Nikon users. Along with their other PF lenses they have some great "lighter" options for nature photography at a pretty reasonable price. So far the only camera from Nikon that is good for the same purpose in my eyes is the Z9 but I would prefer a much...
  6. stochasticmotions

Canon releases firmware updates for the EOS R5 and EOS R6

Well, I guess that is my problem since I shoot a lot of owls....good to know :)
  7. stochasticmotions

Canon releases firmware updates for the EOS R5 and EOS R6

First time out for bird in flight shots with the new firmware yesterday. Using the canon EF 500 f/4 (with and without the 1.4 teleconverter). Camera locked up while shooting 5 times in the first 10 minutes. Next hour it only locked up twice. I need to get out a more before deciding if this...
  8. stochasticmotions

New rumor of Supertelephoto DO’s and the R1 [CR2]

Current prices of diffractive optics lenses - Canon 400 DO II is around $6900USD and the Nikon 500 f/5.6 pf is $3600 USD. A Canon 500 at f/4.5 or 5 you would think would come in higher than the Nikon and likely close to the Canon. Although with the prices of new lenses from Canon recently I...
  9. stochasticmotions

Firmware: Canon releases new firmware for the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6 to fix freezing bug

So, I installed the update and went out yesterday with the R5 and 500 f/4 (and canon EF/RF adaptor) and a full battery. It took about 10 minutes of shooting before I had my first hiccup. Seems they have done something as the issue was different than I had seen before. The camera stopped...
  10. stochasticmotions

Industry News: Sony officially announces the A7 IV and new flashes

I suppose, but really only for those who aren't invested in either mirrorless system or those like me who are invested in both. Currently since I have the A7III, A7RIV, and Canon R5 my upgrade path is R6 or A7IV as the A7III is missing a few things I would like it to have. Most likely I will...
  11. stochasticmotions

The Canon EOS R3 will be $5999 USD

Well, that sounds actually quite useful. Especially since on the R5 I can't choose a single point or group of points (other than center) for object tracking like I can on the A7RIV. This might be just as good or better if it works well since then I don't have to move a point around to tell it...
  12. stochasticmotions

With about 20 years between these technologies I think anyone who used the original is going to be impressed with the difference. The question is will it be something that we find we use regularly or is it just a cool thing that you play with when you get the camera and rarely use afterwards...
  13. stochasticmotions

Can't wait to see the reviews of this new camera. Canon's first stacked sensor camera in a big bulky body that a lot of people seem to like. I have a feeling that this will be just as much an upgrade from the 1DX for most photographers as the R5 was for many to the 5D IV (and to me from the...
  14. stochasticmotions

Canon officially announces the RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM

At this price I'm definitely going to wait for the reviews to come in and likely will wait for a year or two for the price to come down. I'm still on the fence between this lens and the 12-24 f/4 for Sony and since they are coming in very close to the same price the decision is now much harder...
  15. stochasticmotions

Here is the Canon RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM

oh, look....there's my next lens :)
  16. stochasticmotions

Announcement Soon: Canon RF 16mm f/2.8 and Canon RF 100-400mm f/5.6-7.1 IS USM

As someone who owns the Sony 200-600, Sony 100-400, and Canon 100-400 II I can agree with most of the comments about the fact that the 200-600 is not really in the same league within the same ranges. Both the 100-400 lenses are fantastically sharp (and I have heard that the new 100-500 is on...
  17. stochasticmotions

Canon RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM to be one of the next lenses announced

This is the first RF lens that I might buy, while the lenses that Canon has put out so far are likely great none of them give me anything I don't already have with the EF versions. I don't really need larger aperture since I mostly use these wide angle lenses for landscapes. The extra 2 mm...
  18. stochasticmotions

Canon EOS R3 to have a 30mp sensor? [CR1]

We definitely all have our reasons for the camera we find right for us. I had been waiting for a high resolution camera with good autofocus and a reasonable buffer since I got rid of my 1DIV and 5D2, and the A7RIV was the first to hit the mark. The R5 came a little later and I absolutely love...
  19. stochasticmotions

Interesting, I've heard others that are also not happy with the A7RIV and the 200-600. Personally that lens is nearly always on the A7RIV and my 100-400 has been sitting in the bag. This is mostly due to the fact that I'm nearly always needing longer than 400mm and still need to crop. This...
  20. stochasticmotions

Seems like a pretty good resolution for a camera that will be capable of 30fps. A reasonable increase over Sony A9, I think this will be a hit for those that like to carry around a brick of a camera. I'm happy with the R5 and the Sony A7RIV at least until I can afford an A1. Either way it...