Search results

1. T

Canon’s 2024 Roadmap, and the timeline surprised us [CR3]

I wouldn't be surprised if Canon leaked rumors that the R5II wouldn't be out until later this year to keep up sales of the R5I, which we can tell aren't currently great, since they keep lowering the price at B&H, now down to $2999. Presumably, Canon wants to keep up with the excitement that Sony...
  2. T

Preorder the Canon EOS R5 C

I think it was probably an engineering necessity of some kind.
  3. T

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R5 C

IBIS or not, here we are, remembering how many times you and others on this forum (CC: Mikehit and rrcphoto) put forward the idea that Canon didn't want or care about video in their stills cameras, and was only marketing to the majority, and if people wanted 4K (now) 8K in their still camera...
  4. T

Canon to add to their Cinema EOS lineup with three new monster cameras [CR3]

If true, these cameras sound amazing and just what Canon needs to stay ahead of the competition. I’m using a RED at the moment so don’t exactly need these right now but the specs are making me extremely jealous. All that with the ergonomics and color science of a Canon body is very tempting...
  5. T

Confirmed, a Canon EOS R5c is going to be announced this year [CR3]

Is it really going to have worse specs? Why are they labeling it a “C” model then? According to rumors on this forum, it’s actually going to have a slightly bigger body with active cooling to address overheating, along with all the same recording specs. I call that “better video specs.”...
  6. T

Confirmed, a Canon EOS R5c is going to be announced this year [CR3]

Late to this conversation but totally agree. I've been very tough on Canon in the past and have to defend them here. They gave everybody what they wanted with the R5 and 8K and were willing to take a hit on the overheating issue (which they knew about) in order to satisfy the clamor for better...
  7. T

Canon announces more mind blowing specs for the Canon EOS R5

This is awesome. So happy that Canon is finally including state-of-the-art video features in a stills camera and pushing the envelopes to compete and bypass competitors' video features. I may be forced to jump into this system and leave my Fuji behind, even though R5 also stands for a system...
  8. T

Canon announces development of the EOS R5 full-frame mirrorless camera

Hate to burst your bubble guys, but people do shoot in 6K and 8K and it will only become more prevalent in the next few years. I just shot a project in 8K myself on RED and the amount of flexibility you have in post with the footage is truly astounding. It will soon be to 4K what 4K was and is...
  9. T

Canon announces development of the EOS R5 full-frame mirrorless camera

But someone at Canon thinks specs are pretty important, specifically video specs, on a stills camera, no less. It seems that finally, Canon and all their infallible market wisdom have decided that 4K and now 8K video are pretty important, and they do have to compete in that arena, even on their...
  10. T

Canon EOS R5 Specifications

If those features are true, it might bring me back to Canon. Top attractive features are: 4K 60p (with little to no crop) 4K 120p (also 1080 120p with no crop is a must) Scroll wheel added back If accurate, I'd buy this body and adapt all my underused EF lenses. May even sell my Fuji ;)
  11. T

Two new EOS R bodies coming in the first half of 2020 [CR3]

Awesome. I'm going to be optimistic and say this is going to be a very good year for no crop 4K video on Canon stills cameras :)
  12. T

Canon EOS R Mark II in testing [CR2]

A Quick Control Dial with Touch Pad- that's what :)
  13. T

Rumoured Canon EOS Rs Specifications [CR1]

I sure hope they put a Quick Control Dial with Touch Pad implementation on it. This was always one of my favorite features of the 5DII / III bodies and without it, it just doesn't feel like a Canon camera...Sony even ripped off their own version of the Quick Control Dial. Bring it back, Canon!
  14. T

Cue the head spinning, The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III to be 20.1mp? [CR1]

It's not arbitrary to Canon's marketing department. Sony A9II = 24MP. Nikon D6 = probably greater than 21MP. Not to mention, prosumer cams like A7III and Fuji XT-3 are all at 24MP. I'm sure they'd like to hit that number.
  15. T

Cue the head spinning, The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III to be 20.1mp? [CR1]

Yeah, I'd agree. 24MP seems like a target Canon needs to hit.
  16. T

Canon officially announces the development of the EOS-1D X Mark III

Yup, it seems it's the only place they're willing to incur the expense and risk cannibalizing their dedicated cinema cameras in order to provide pros with this video capability. I assume that the bigger body and higher asking price makes this both easier and more economically feasible for them...
  17. T

Canon officially announces the development of the EOS-1D X Mark III

Haha, awesome. Glad to know Canon still values high quality video, at least in their flagship stills cameras. Since a ton of people have blown a gasket on here for suggesting that Canon put 4K video in a stills camera, I just have jump the gun and say: (*Sarcasm alert*) "Wait a second- Why...
  18. T

Canon to add 24p recording to the Canon EOS 90D, Canon EOS RP & Canon EOS M6 Mark II

I won't speak to Sony, but Fuji adds new features all the time with their "Kaizen" firmware updates. So, yeah-- they're really not holding that much back. And they certainly are not intentionally leaving out a cinema frame rate that's been in all their cameras for years.
  19. T

Canon to add 24p recording to the Canon EOS 90D, Canon EOS RP & Canon EOS M6 Mark II

Absolutely. Credit where credit is due. They must have heard an earful from customers about it.