Search results

1. T

Japanese Sales of the Canon R/RP vs. the Competition

I know I'll get slammed for posting this and the discussion will likely turn heated, but it's still worth discussing: https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/bcn-reports-the-sony-a7iii-sells-two-times-more-than-the-competition-combined-canon-r-canon-rp-and-nikon-z6/ It looks like the A7III does very...
  2. T

Where to get 5DIII sensor cleaned?

I bought my 5Diii about 2 months ago and have used it on one trip to Italy for olive harvesting season and have come to find out there is a dirty spot on the sensor. Not a huge issue, but I'd like to have a perfectly clean sensor and entrust it to the professionals to clean. Does anyone have...
  3. T

Lens Rebates This Fall

Anyone have any idea if Canon will again do lens rebates this year? I have a list of lenses I'd love to buy but saving money is always a good thing ;)
  4. T

5DII Sensor Damage

Sadly, after having my 5DII for over 2 years and using it for stills and video (although I'm a filmmaker, so the video part is favored), I've noticed what appears to be burn in on the sensor. I just did a video shoot today and noticed the pink spots in the lower right quadrant of the frame in...
  5. T

Custom SLR G1 Strap + C-loop vs. Blackrapid

Is there anyone who's used both of these straps and can give me some insight? I'm going to pull the trigger on one within a week and would love some input. I like the actual strap design of the G1 better and like the C-loop better, but have reservations about quality. And for the Blackrapid...
  6. T

Canon direct store drops 5D body only?

Was noticing today that Canon has dropped the 5d body only option from their direct store. Could this be a sign of something coming, or just reflective of stock issues due to the ongoing situation in Japan? Usually (yes I've checked in recent weeks), the bodies will say "out of stock," then...