Search results

1. L

EOS Network Setting Tool (or.. how to automatically save photos to my PC)

I'm shooting with a EOS M50. I'm tying to set my camera up to automatically save photos to my PC (technically, my NAS, if it's important) I can make it work, if I use the remote shooting app, but I can't make it work if I manually shoot a picture. Canon's documentation is...weak...
  2. L

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth

I'm about to pull the trigger on an M50 and my wife asked me what I would use the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth features for. The manual tells you how to connect them in certain ways, but it's pretty thin on what you actually DO with it. I know you can tether with it... how does that work, exactly? TIA
  3. L

Getting Wifi video out of my T3i...

I'm helping set up an event where I would love to stake video with my T3i, and stream/broadcast it to 2 different TVs in the house. Something like an EyeFi card is close, but I don't think it lets me do video. Any ideas?
  4. L

Canon development question...

Im an amateur, but...based on my understanding there are 3 main elements in the body of any given camera... Sensor - To gather light data Processor - To move data around the circuits and storage media Operating System - To manage traffic flow Here's my question. In this day and age, why is...
  5. L

Purchasing... gray market concerns...

Im in the market for a new Rebel... probably a T6s. I have found a few discount dealers, but I seem to recall hearing on this board that if you buy discount, that there's a chance you'll get a gray market body. How would I be able to tell?
  6. L

Shooting the Moon...how to focus?

I'll be on vacation this week, and with a full moon looming, I'd love to get some good shots. However, my T3i has a hard time focusing on the moon. I assume it's because of the high contrast. Are there any tips to get that right? T3i 24-105L (or, whatever I can rent before going...any...
  7. L

T6i and T6s naming question...

So I've noticed that the T6s is, basically, a superior camera to the T6i. It was always my understanding that the "Ti" was always the high end, in any product line of Rebel bodies. Can someone tell me where the "s" moniker comes from, and what it means?
  8. L

Full Frame Lenses...

I've seen the phrase "full frame lens" several times recently, and it makes no sense to me. Isnt a lens a lens? Aren't all EF-mount lenses basically the same, in regard how a full frame body or APS-C body uses it? Please correct my misunderstanding :)
  9. L

$600 burning a hole in your pocket?

My wife has $600 of corporate "use it or lose it" money that she needs to burn by the end of the year. She'd like to spend it on a new lens. They use their current setup to film video interviews in a well-lit studio. (So they don't need lights...) They currently have a T3i, with the 18-55...
  10. L

Buying a EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM

I'm seeing the Mark 1 version of the EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM lens on Ebay and some other places in the $500'ish range This seems like a pretty good deal, since the Mark 2 just came out. What's the general impression people have of this lens? Good Stuff? or No?
  11. L

Taking HDR shots

I've always been confused about taking HDR shots. In order to anything "HDR" on my T3i, I have go into the menu and configure my Exposure Compensation to take a Normal-Under-Over image. So I have to click the shutter 3 times, and them do some magic in post processing. Is this the same thing...
  12. L

Lens repair?

I was browsing Craigs List the other day, and someone is trying to sell a broken 28-70mm f2.8L lens for $150. It looks like the EF-mount has broken off (based on the pictures).. I have no idea what state the glass is in. The question is... how much will Canon charge to repair something like...
  13. L

Lens prices..?

I saw a Craigs List ad for a EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III lens for under $100. If I recall correctly, this lens was recently referred to as the worst lens in Canon's lineup...is that true?
  14. L

New camera...shooting macros

I'm on the cusp of ordering a new setup from the Canon Loyalty Program. The current plan is to get a T3i with the 24-105 F4/L lens and the 50mm F1.8 prime. (Vegas odds makers are wagering 100:1 that Canon releases the T4i about 90 seconds after I receive this, but I'm just tired of waiting...)...
  15. L

What to buy...?

I've finally got the cash (and permission!) to get a proper camera. I do some event work, as well as some portrait and landscape shots. I shoot a lot of video. For a while it seemed like the T4i might be the camera worth waiting for (for it's rumored video features), but it's nowhere to be...
  16. L

File details...

I was looking at the file details on an old picture I took. Note the "max aperture" of 3.625....what does that mean?
  17. L

T4i Video

I've been thinking...there's a lot of hate from "elite" and "proper" photographers regarding video in SLR bodies. Canon might be in agreement with this haters, considering the marginal video improvements in the 5D3. I'm wondering if there might be more video improvements to the T4i. That...
  18. L

Videos and AutoFocus

I recently learned that none of the current cameras in the Canon lineup offer auto-focus while filming video. >:( Is there any indication that any of the new 5D or T4i bodies will support autofocus? (I do just enough video recording that Im thinking about getting an entry level Nikon, just...