Search results

1. R

new gotta have?

looks good to me, but i don't know nuthin' http://www.techspot.com/news/62090-steadxp-adds-3-axis-stabilization-almost-any-camera.html
  2. R

what's wrong with this shot?

it's like looking for Waldo, except you don't even know what your looking for.
  3. R

mirrorless ?

I was wondering, are we all hoping to be using our lenses and flashes some day on a mirrorless camera? What is it that we want from this camera? do we want it to fit in our pocket? Do we want it to have a FF sensor? We certainly want the best AF Canon can muster, but do we want a little plastic...
  4. R

another, Graflex Graflarger back "45", free

So this thing is from my grandfather. I'm just not going to use it, and I don't want it to get dumpstered. I can't say when this was purchased, but the camera it was used with was bought in 1947, i found tha receipt. My grandfather kept records like you wouldn't believe, i'm probably to blame...
  5. R

would anyone take care of this plume wafer softbox thing for me?

So i have this plume wafer softbox thing with a speedotron head mounting plate. it's in pretty good working order, i just don't need it. If interested PM me. I'm not selling it, i'm giving it away, so i hope it's okay to post this here. (couldn't really find a freebie area!) anyway, i only ask...
  6. R

is expensive sensor tech paying off?

I'm referring to Sony, and their sensors. I'm wondering if in the marketplace, thus far, they are coming out ahead. I'm making no judgments, just an open question to you guys who certainly know more than me. have their large financial investments earned them a larger piece of the worlds sensor...
  7. R

anyone here?

sure it's nikon but i've got some stuff made by people other than canon. sometimes i even use it! seriously, is this rig nuts? I've never seen anything like it.
  8. R

any wood tripod users here?

Does anyone here have any exp with wooden tripods? namely something from Berlebach. I know they are heavier than most other stuff, but it's not enough of a difference to matter to me. in total my other gear weights so much more a couple lbs here or there makes no difference, esp with a tripod...
  9. R

question for RRS/Acratech (high-end) ballhead users

I have a question for you. one i might not want to know the answer to, but I'm asking anyway. Say you mounted you camera plus 300mm f2.8 or so and then tilted it over into the portrait area of the ballhead a bit. not down on the stop, just off kilter a bit, maybe 45 degrees or so then locked it...
  10. R

will the BR FR-T1 work on Acra Swiss style plates?

namely really right stuff plates? I'm still on my quick release adventure, and i was wondering if I could do away with some stuff and connect directly to the camera/lens plate mounting screw. Currently i do this directly on the camera with...
  11. R

arca swiss help please.

So it looks like i'm in the market for some Arca style QR plates. Problem is I don't know what i need, and they have no website. What would work well for a Canon 300mm 2.8, 5d, and 5dmk3? From reading another thread about straps that I can't even find right now, i found...
  12. R

anyone had someone over their shoulder on a job?

At nearly every wedding i've done lately i've had a friend, or aunt or whomever of the bride/groom basically acting as the lead photographer. Perhaps it's just by shear chance but they are always ladies. They also are either part time wedding photographers, or they mostly do portrait work, or...
  13. R

TDP sigma 35mm f1.4

http://thedigitalpicture.com/Reviews/Sigma-35mm-f-1.4-EX-DG-HSM-Lens-Review.aspx what he said.
  14. R

Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM

this way i'll have some incentive to actually do it. (now that started a thread) my sigma arrived today. first thoughts, it's heavy and seems very well made. hood snaps in place in a very nice positive manner. The focus ring has a short throw, and a just very so slightly scratchy quality. but...
  15. R

lensrental's 7.5/10 used zeiss 21mm, $1,314

I know it's not exactly a black friday super deal, but i think this is a very good deal for the guy who isn't concerned about hairline coating marks.
  16. R

lowlight lens Af action resource?

I'm looking for some info on how well different lenses Af in low light conditions. I haven't been able to find much of anything on the net thus far. I know much depends on the camera body, but i'd still like to get any info i possibly can. Anyone got any thing? I'm even thinking about getting my...
  17. R

35mm f1.4 -vs- 50mm 1.2

I've read all the reviews, I know all the stats, but i'd like to ask the collective. 35mm f 1.4 -vs- 50mm f1.2 wide open to f5.6 or so, who's the sharpest in the center, and corners on FF. Is the 35mm sharper at f1.4 and f2 than the 50 at the same f-stops?
  18. R

phottix odin, thanks

just wanted to thank you guys who've spoken so highly of these flash triggers. i bought a set last week and I'm happy, and impressed. Even the firmware update went smoother than i could have hoped for. I've got a wedding in two weeks that i'll be soloing and these are going to be very handy. Thanks.
  19. R

fun movie shot with 7d/5d.

not shot by me, but a friend of my brothers is either in this movie, or helped make it, or both... yeah, i haven't gotten that figured out yet, but i was told it was shot on 7d and 5dmk2 equipment, with nikon glass...
  20. R

another 24-70mmv2 review

http://www.ronmartblog.com/2012/09/comparison-canon-24-70-f28l-ii-vs-24.html complete with comparisons to the 24-105. a lens i just bought, and now i'm wondering if that was such a great idea. well, i think i'm still good. with the money saved over the 24-70v2 i could still add the 35mm1.4 or...